I've noticed that when I send or receive a number preceded by the dollar sign, it shows up with a strange character in its place. The underscore is a common one that takes the place of the dollar sign. This occurs on the recipient's phone when I'm the sender, and on mine when I'm the recipient. Thanks in advance for any info.
    11-29-19 11:08 AM
    I've noticed that when I send or receive a number preceded by the dollar sign, it shows up with a strange character in its place. The underscore is a common one that takes the place of the dollar sign. This occurs on the recipient's phone when I'm the sender, and on mine when I'm the recipient. Thanks in advance for any info.
    What app is this occurring in?
    11-29-19 04:40 PM
    It may happen elsewhere, but I've only seen it in texts. I sent my son a text that said "$248" and it came through as "L248." He has an Android (Samsung). People have sent me texts with the dollar sign and it usually shows up in my phone as an underscore, like this: _. For what it's worth, my wife and another son have iPhones and I had them do a test. The dollar sign came through correctly. So, I don't know if this is a Blackberry issue, an Android issue or an issue when it's between Android and Apple phones.
    11-29-19 05:39 PM
    might be the assigned dollar sign key. (there are two Unicode styles that look similar.

The common one I believe is $

I made this mistake when remapping my dollar key under "custom keyboard layout" and accidentally used this one $

I didn't notice until my passwords weren't working.

This is my best guess....
    11-30-19 06:05 PM
    might be the assigned dollar sign key. (there are two Unicode styles that look similar.

The common one I believe is $

I made this mistake when remapping my dollar key under "custom keyboard layout" and accidentally used this one $

I didn't notice until my passwords weren't working.

This is my best guess....
    Screenshot for reference
    Attached Thumbnails Dollar signs don't text properly-559925.jpg  
    11-30-19 06:06 PM