Does the warranty also cover the phone if it is badly folded? that is, I have to think about the keyboard casing where on one side of the casing protrudes beyond the outline of the phone and where you can feel the sharp edge under your fingers as well as on the left and bottom.
    08-14-19 11:42 PM
    You sat on it?? On the serious note sounds little like manufacturing defect...
    08-15-19 01:57 AM
    Sounds more like an issue Insurance might cover (if you have it), not warranty
    08-15-19 07:24 AM
    Does the warranty also cover the phone if it is badly folded? that is, I have to think about the keyboard casing where on one side of the casing protrudes beyond the outline of the phone and where you can feel the sharp edge under your fingers as well as on the left and bottom.
    If you put on a case, can you see or feel this?
    08-15-19 08:06 AM
    Same problem. The back cover has come loose from the phone on the right side where the volume, on/off buttons are located. I didn't notice it until I removed the expensive leather and plastic phone case that began cracking on all sides. Even super glue can't hold the case's plastic pieces in place!

My phone is under warranty until Nov 2019. I'm calling Blackberry mobile as I've already contacted them via email, sent info they required to which they responded with the standard letter that reads like a whatever, and commands that I send in the phone and if, if, if.

Never had any other phone except Blackberry since I entered the mobile market and was happy with my Silver Key2, but the defect and their response is disappointing.
    08-15-19 11:16 AM
    Same problem. The back cover has come loose from the phone on the right side where the volume, on/off buttons are located. I didn't notice it until I removed the expensive leather and plastic phone case that began cracking on all sides. Even super glue can't hold the case's plastic pieces in place!

My phone is under warranty until Nov 2019. I'm calling Blackberry mobile as I've already contacted them via email, sent info they required to which they responded with the standard letter that reads like a whatever, and commands that I send in the phone and if, if, if.

Never had any other phone except Blackberry since I entered the mobile market and was happy with my Silver Key2, but the defect and their response is disappointing.
    Plastic phone case cracking and the phone bent... that sounds like the phone has been exposed to some external force. Which doesn't really qualify as a defect.

If you send a phone it to be repaired and they determine it's not a defect.... you'll have to pay.

I have seen others that have bent their KEY2 (or any other phone), but that doesn't mean there is a design flaw.
    08-15-19 01:44 PM
    If you wrap your car around a telephone pole, I don't think the manufacturers warranty covers that.
    But you say..Officer, it never happened on any other car that I owned, it must be the Car! Maybe, but its far more likely it wasn't the car that bent on its own, for no reason. If you are rough with your phone or merely careless and dropped it a few times, then you need a rugged case to prevent it from getting damaged...that is like an insurance policy.
    Now on the other hand putting a glass back on a Google Pixel and other phones had to be some kind of deliberate negligence , that I'd demand a refund for. I can hear someone just now calling up Google or similiar and saying....You know Cinderella, these aren't supposed to be magic slippers .
    falbo and melhiore like this.
    08-16-19 08:13 AM
    Plastic phone case cracking and the phone bent... that sounds like the phone has been exposed to some external force. Which doesn't really qualify as a defect.

If you send a phone it to be repaired and they determine it's not a defect.... you'll have to pay.

I have seen others that have bent their KEY2 (or any other phone), but that doesn't mean there is a design flaw.

As you can see, the device is in pristine condition but for the buckling back cover. There's no bent or broken frame, no scratches, no cracks, nothing.

As you can see, the device cradle in the leather flap case began cracking which is how I discovered the back cover was buckling.

08-29-19 06:05 PM
    How’s you break the case?
    08-29-19 08:24 PM
    the back cover coming off looks exactly like when my battery failed on my Keyone. I'm not sure that's safe to use anymore. BlackBerry mobile covered mine under warranty but my phone wasn't bent
    08-31-19 05:09 AM
    At first it looks like a swollen battery. But the case says to me that it was run over by something. There is no way a swollen battery could smash your case as you present.
    09-03-19 01:39 AM
    At first it looks like a swollen battery. But the case says to me that it was run over by something. There is no way a swollen battery could smash your case as you present.
    Calling me a liar when I've already told you, shown you that nothing of the sort EVER happened? #Whatever
    09-03-19 12:08 PM
    Calling me a liar when I've already told you, shown you that nothing of the sort EVER happened? #Whatever
    I’ll go with Yama on this one unless you can answer my original question. I’ve been raised in the leather accessories business and I can tell when something is amiss with accessories. Cases, wallets, belts and such is how my dad paid those school bills @yamahammer laughs about....

The inside of your case suggests very bad interaction with rough and wet surface. My guess is that you’re carrying the phone and case inside out. That’s based on the fact that outside parts of case should resemble how your case insides look. The outside parts of your case are pristine like the inside should be instead.

I don’t think your case was run over. I believe it’s carried in your back pocket inside out by all the sweat marks and wear. The plastic case itself can generate enough flex on back panel when in your back pocket since corners of the case hold device together. That means only place the phone has give is the middle and the back panel flexed outward.
    09-03-19 04:03 PM
    Did I call you a liar? No.

You presented evidence that was deserving of doubt, so as per @chuckfinley69 what the heck happened to your case?
    09-03-19 05:23 PM
    I’ll go with Yama on this one unless you can answer my original question. I’ve been raised in the leather accessories business and I can tell when something is amiss with accessories. Cases, wallets, belts and such is how my dad paid those school bills @yamahammer laughs about....

The inside of your case suggests very bad interaction with rough and wet surface. My guess is that you’re carrying the phone and case inside out. That’s based on the fact that outside parts of case should resemble how your case insides look. The outside parts of your case are pristine like the inside should be instead.

I don’t think your case was run over. I believe it’s carried in your back pocket inside out by all the sweat marks and wear. The plastic case itself can generate enough flex on back panel when in your back pocket since corners of the case hold device together. That means only place the phone has give is the middle and the back panel flexed outward.
    This is ridiculous and y'all are being pugnacious, slimy and monstrous people for whom, obviously, reading isn't fundamental.

First, y'all are practiced liars who lie without impunity because you're calling me one. When you point a finger, three point back at you.

Second, third, fourth, fifth, etc., I didn't answer your question because it has nothing to do with the phone's back cover swelling. I threw the case info in as an aside. I didn't feel you required a response but obviously you're a petulant, provocative person who hates being ignored.

Clearly, you weren't raised with good manners, but were you raised to know that extremely cold temperatures can cause plastic to crumble?

Even with the case cracking after the temperature here was subzero from November 2018 until May 2019, until my first post in this thread, I still kept the phone covered in the 100% cowhide soft leather flip case. The first plastic piece at the top fell off when I removed it from my purse in January just after one of several blizzards.

I NEVER carry my phone on my person for health reasons (EMF). I NEVER put my phone to my ear, and only use earphones or the speaker when using the phone. I can't even wear a Bluetooth earpiece without getting an ear infection, so why would I carry my smartphone in my back, front or side pocket even when I'm wearing jeans? I HAVE NEVER DONE SO. I don't carry my water bottle in my purse nor in my .

I have receipts in the form of witnesses at work and at home, and I was raised to be a good steward of my possessions, other's possessions and the earth.

I AM VERY CAREFUL NOT TO GET MY PHONE WET, NOT TO DROP IT, NOT TO SIT ON IT, NOT TO SLEEP WITH IT, NOT TO PUT IT ON THE FLOOR, NOT TO LEAVE IT IN THE CAR, NOT TO PUT IT ON THE SEAT OF THE CAR UNLESS ITS IN EITHER MY PURSE OR BRIEFCASE, NEVER TO PUT IT ON THE DASHBOARD OR IN THE GLOVE COMPARTMENT, NEVER PUT IT IN THE WINDSHIELD WELL, AND NEVER, EVER TO CARRY IT WITH THE LEATHER FLIP CASE OPEN. WHAT WOULD BE THE POINT OF BUYING A LEATHER FLIP CASE?

Fortunately, Blackberry never questioned my veracity, told me my beloved Key2 is under warranty and that they could send me a refurbished phone, but first I would have to send them this phone. They said it's not their protocol to send a temp phone but that I could buy a 'cheap' phone while I'm waiting for the replacement phone. That isn't feasible either and I can't be without my phone for 7+ days, as I use it for business as well as personal.

I sent them the same photos I posted here and they didn't call me a liar, nor accuse me of doing something that caused the cover to buckle. In fact, they first tried to find a part for it, then discovered they don't carry parts for the Key2, leading me to suspect that this is a defect that others encountered.

They said they'd send me another phone per their protocol but since I don't have 600+ bucks lying around for them to hold, I took the advice of my IT person who suggested I contact the company from which I bought an extended warranty simultaneously with the phone, and they'll fix it.

I've contacted the warranty/insurance company and they said no problem, they will help me and send me another phone. I'll have to pay the hundred dollar deductible, but it's much cheaper than dealing with you nasty people ever again OR putting a $600 hold on a credit card OR sending the phone to Blackberry, and being without a phone for a week or more.

If T-MOBILE and Blackberry hadn't fallen out just after I bought the Q10, I wouldn't have had to deal with either y'all or Blackberry which, I believe, may have different replacement rules for BlackBerry Enterprise customers and private individuals.

But still...

You people are among the top worst folk I've ever encountered on a BlackBerry Forums site in my life, and I've only owned a Blackberry since I entered the mobile market in 2007, which is when I also joined the now defunct Blackberry Forums.

Goodbye and good riddance.
    09-03-19 06:23 PM
    This is ridiculous and y'all are being pugnacious, slimy and monstrous people for whom, obviously, reading isn't fundamental.

First, y'all are practiced liars who lie without impunity because you're calling me one. When you point a finger, three point back at you.

Second, third, fourth, fifth, etc., I didn't answer your question because it has nothing to do with the phone's back cover swelling. I threw the case info in as an aside. I didn't feel you required a response but obviously you're a petulant, provocative person who hates being ignored.

Clearly, you weren't raised with good manners, but were you raised to know that extremely cold temperatures can cause plastic to crumble?

Even with the case cracking after the temperature here was subzero from November 2018 until May 2019, until my first post in this thread, I still kept the phone covered in the 100% cowhide soft leather flip case. The first plastic piece at the top fell off when I removed it from my purse in January just after one of several blizzards.

I NEVER carry my phone on my person for health reasons (EMF). I NEVER put my phone to my ear, and only use earphones or the speaker when using the phone. I can't even wear a Bluetooth earpiece without getting an ear infection, so why would I carry my smartphone in my back, front or side pocket even when I'm wearing jeans? I HAVE NEVER DONE SO. I don't carry my water bottle in my purse nor in my .

I have receipts in the form of witnesses at work and at home, and I was raised to be a good steward of my possessions, other's possessions and the earth.

I AM VERY CAREFUL NOT TO GET MY PHONE WET, NOT TO DROP IT, NOT TO SIT ON IT, NOT TO SLEEP WITH IT, NOT TO PUT IT ON THE FLOOR, NOT TO LEAVE IT IN THE CAR, NOT TO PUT IT ON THE SEAT OF THE CAR UNLESS ITS IN EITHER MY PURSE OR BRIEFCASE, NEVER TO PUT IT ON THE DASHBOARD OR IN THE GLOVE COMPARTMENT, NEVER PUT IT IN THE WINDSHIELD WELL, AND NEVER, EVER TO CARRY IT WITH THE LEATHER FLIP CASE OPEN. WHAT WOULD BE THE POINT OF BUYING A LEATHER FLIP CASE?

Fortunately, Blackberry never questioned my veracity, told me my beloved Key2 is under warranty and that they could send me a refurbished phone, but first I would have to send them this phone. They said it's not their protocol to send a temp phone but that I could buy a 'cheap' phone while I'm waiting for the replacement phone. That isn't feasible either and I can't be without my phone for 7+ days, as I use it for business as well as personal.

I sent them the same photos I posted here and they didn't call me a liar, nor accuse me of doing something that caused the cover to buckle. In fact, they first tried to find a part for it, then discovered they don't carry parts for the Key2, leading me to suspect that this is a defect that others encountered.

They said they'd send me another phone per their protocol but since I don't have 600+ bucks lying around for them to hold, I took the advice of my IT person who suggested I contact the company from which I bought an extended warranty simultaneously with the phone, and they'll fix it.

I've contacted the warranty/insurance company and they said no problem, they will help me and send me another phone. I'll have to pay the hundred dollar deductible, but it's much cheaper than dealing with you nasty people ever again OR putting a $600 hold on a credit card OR sending the phone to Blackberry, and being without a phone for a week or more.

If T-MOBILE and Blackberry hadn't fallen out just after I bought the Q10, I wouldn't have had to deal with either y'all or Blackberry which, I believe, may have different replacement rules for BlackBerry Enterprise customers and private individuals.

But still...

You people are among the top worst folk I've ever encountered on a BlackBerry Forums site in my life, and I've only owned a Blackberry since I entered the mobile market in 2007, which is when I also joined the now defunct Blackberry Forums.

LOL, you never explained all the moisture wear from either sweat or moisture on the inside of the case on the leather part, not the plastic case part. Regardless, we’re not the warranty department for BlackBerry Mobile and simply are entitled to our visual observations.

Did you actually think we had something to do with BlackBerry Mobile or something? Sorry if that was your impression. We’re just a simple fan site...
    09-03-19 06:32 PM
    Glad it all worked out in the end.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    09-03-19 07:51 PM
    Glad it all worked out in the end.
    You’re very diplomatic yama
    09-03-19 08:03 PM

But still...

Not the easiest company to deal with. Glad you did eventually sort it out. Best of luck,
    09-03-19 09:18 PM

I've contacted the warranty/insurance company and they said no problem, they will help me and send me another phone. I'll have to pay the hundred dollar deductible,
    Glad you had insurance.
    09-04-19 02:37 PM
    Blackberry fixed and returned my Key2 within a week without any accusations of me physically damaging the phone -- no accusing me of dropping, water dunking or whatever else some of the poorly bred here accused me of; it was a manufacturing defect. Y'all taught me good: never to come here for support from fellow so-called BlackBerry fanatics.

Suggest that if you can't help don't accuse or infer prevarication.

I had to buy a "cheap" phone -- I'll keep it although it's way less powerful -- before sending the Key2 in for repair, but Blackberry handled everything beautifully, from free FedEx shipping to repair status to repair and receipt of repaired phone within 6 days.
    10-17-19 09:10 AM
    Blackberry fixed and returned my Key2 within a week without any accusations of me physically damaging the phone -- no accusing me of dropping, water dunking or whatever else some of the poorly bred here accused me of; it was a manufacturing defect. Y'all taught me good: never to come here for support from fellow so-called BlackBerry fanatics.

Suggest that if you can't help don't accuse or infer prevarication.

I had to buy a "cheap" phone -- I'll keep it although it's way less powerful -- before sending the Key2 in for repair, but Blackberry handled everything beautifully, from free FedEx shipping to repair status to repair and receipt of repaired phone within 6 days.
    Nice! Good to hear it all went smoothly.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-19 05:13 PM