Please someone could tell me about stereo features?
    Thz

Posted via CB10
    06-11-18 01:12 AM
    Key2 has only one speaker. That makes it mono not stereo.
    Last edited by Alin Torok; 06-11-18 at 05:11 AM.
    06-11-18 01:56 AM
    Key2 has only one speaker. That makes is mono not stereo.
    Why oh why....? As though they intentionally wanted to make it all the more complicated to find reasons good enough to take the plunge coming from a KEYᵒⁿᵉ, at least the BE one This is not a KEY2 rant, I love the device, but this one speaker thing when everybody loved Passport's speakers so much offered an opportunity obvious enough to further differentiate the two devices...
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    06-11-18 02:45 AM
    I agree. it can't be too much more expensive to shove another one in there. the grille is there for it too.
    06-11-18 05:06 AM
    oh my, oh my..., unfortunately, I am forsure out of any phone that has mono speaker and that includes they belove new blackberry phone. I had quite a hearing lost and one speaker on the keyOne made matter worse, sorry blackberry mobile, how can a Passport iconic reborn with only one s... speaker?
    06-11-18 05:16 AM
    Only a handful high end devices have Stereo speakers of any quality, not too worried about it on the KeyTwo at the moment
    06-11-18 05:27 AM
    I agree. it can't be too much more expensive to shove another one in there. the grille is there for it too.
    Unfortunately as for the K1, that the mic one.

No stereo (and poor audio output) and a crappy capacitive navigation bar made me passing on that one.
    Maybe K3 will be a real improvement!
    06-11-18 07:15 AM
    Why oh why....?
    Simple. It leaves something to be desired for next devices.
    Stereo speakers, Return of USB Mass storage option, Flawless front and back cam that don't get knocked-out by Pixel,Galaxy,iPhone in imperfect lighting conditions, Selfie flash (not screen flash), Return of the mute button (between volume rockers), Return of right shift (for CTRL), Return of Toolbelt (Trackpad), Dumping of hybrid slot so that you can have dual-SIM AND SD card, Original big BB OS LED, Less shaky capacitive keyboard, HD resolution sceensize, Amoled, Wireless charging, Waterproof (somehow) etc.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-11-18 08:20 AM
    Having stereo over mono is probably not the benefit you'd think it would be. How far are your ears going to be from the phone when you listen to it? Do you really think a stereo presentation, where the speakers are less than an inch apart and your ears are several feet from the phone, will still have the characteristics of stereo? There is no way under that circumstance (which is probably the normal listening environment) that you'll be able to accurately place anything in the stereo field from either timing or volume differences in channels, which are the fundamental building blocks of stereo. I like stereo as much as the next guy, but two small speakers right next to each other is really more like mono than stereo.

When the speakers are closer together than your ears are - it's really not stereo.

-Tom
    06-11-18 08:31 AM
    The KEY2 is stereo for Bluetooth, USB OtG, and wired headsets, but combines both channels for a single mono speaker output on the device.

Not a big deal for this audiophile, since stereo speakers that are as close together as a handset allows won't produce a proper stereo effect.

For me the bigger question is whether the sound from the single speaker is better than on the KEYone, which was mediocre at best.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    06-11-18 09:07 AM
    Having stereo over mono is probably not the benefit you'd think it would be. How far are your ears going to be from the phone when you listen to it? Do you really think a stereo presentation, where the speakers are less than an inch apart and your ears are several feet from the phone, will still have the characteristics of stereo? There is no way under that circumstance (which is probably the normal listening environment) that you'll be able to accurately place anything in the stereo field from either timing or volume differences in channels, which are the fundamental building blocks of stereo. I like stereo as much as the next guy, but two small speakers right next to each other is really more like mono than stereo.

When the speakers are closer together than your ears are - it's really not stereo.

-Tom
    It's about the volume.

Use a KEYone vs a Passport or Z30 in a public space with moderate volume and try and make a speaker phone call.

KEYone isn't usable. The other two phones perfectly fine.
    06-11-18 09:22 AM
    The KEY2 is stereo for Bluetooth, USB OtG, and wired headsets, but combines both channels for a single mono speaker output on the device.

Not a big deal for this audiophile, since stereo speakers that are as close together as a handset allows won't produce a proper stereo effect.

For me the bigger question is whether the sound from the single speaker is better than on the KEYone, which was mediocre at best.

Agreed. Wondering if the mono speaker is better on KEY2. I don't need stereo if it is louder and I can hear my speakerphone calls.
    06-11-18 09:23 AM
    It's about the volume.
    I'm all for better volume on the phones. Could accomplish this with a mono solution as well as stereo.

Tom
    06-11-18 02:17 PM
    I'm all for better volume on the phones. Could accomplish this with a mono solution as well as stereo.

Tom
    Agreed. Let's hope this speaker is an improvement.
    06-11-18 04:26 PM
    It's about the volume.

Use a KEYone vs a Passport or Z30 in a public space with moderate volume and try and make a speaker phone call.

KEYone isn't usable. The other two phones perfectly fine.
    Making speakerphone calls in public is just plain rude and inconsiderate IMHO
    06-11-18 08:39 PM
    No having a stereo speaker is fine with me. What makes me exicted is having double lenses. Woho
    06-11-18 09:04 PM
    Making speakerphone calls in public is just plain rude and inconsiderate IMHO
    Not always.

Sitting in a restaurant, coffee shop, or on public transit. Agreed.

Morning walk by the lake with nobody around or walking the dog in an empty park? Perfectly fine.
    06-11-18 09:05 PM
    Beefier speaker(s) for conference calls would be a compelling enough reason to upgrade immediately. There's nothing as utilitarian for a business device as being able to plop your phone down on a table with 4-5 people around it and have it work just as good as a full fledged speakerphone. Having a louder earpiece would be nice as well, as I can barely hear the caller when in a noisy environment such as walking outside in the city, or in a public place.

I experience this at least once a day, and the KeyOne does not cut it. Might as well be using an iPhone or a cheap BLU phone when it comes to call quality. Waiting for Key3...
    europolska00 and Tim-ANC like this.
    06-12-18 12:42 AM
    Beefier speaker(s) for conference calls would be a compelling enough reason to upgrade immediately. There's nothing as utilitarian for a business device as being able to plop your phone down on a table with 4-5 people around it and have it work just as good as a full fledged speakerphone. Having a louder earpiece would be nice as well, as I can barely hear the caller when in a noisy environment such as walking outside in the city, or in a public place.
    Fully agree. K1 is a lame conference call phone. Passport was great for this. I hope it's improved in K2.
    europolska00 likes this.
    06-12-18 05:20 AM
    I think a single speaker is fine... as long as it's loud and allows for clearly understandable words. But every phone I've owned after the Z10, has had stereo speakers and very good sound.

I also think this is all the result of a poor launch by BBMo... They should have sent out test units to reviewers and allowed them to push out full reviews after the "launch" event. As well as detailing what the phone really is....
    06-12-18 09:46 AM
    Fully agree. K1 is a lame conference call phone. Passport was great for this. I hope it's improved in K2.
    Passport was even the better for that!
    Let's hope for the K3 as it seems for the K2, that's kaput!
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    06-12-18 10:11 AM
    Passport was even the better for that!
    Let's hope for the K3 as it seems for the K2, that's kaput!
    I'm on business trip. Coincidentally just yesterday a couple of us needed to call my boss. I began to dial him on my K1 with company sim in it, then I stopped. Pulled out my Passport with private sim from my bag and used that for the speaker call.
    06-13-18 05:28 AM
    I'm on business trip. Coincidentally just yesterday a couple of us needed to call my boss. I began to dial him on my K1 with company sim in it, then I stopped. Pulled out my Passport with private sim from my bag and used that for the speaker call.
    Hehe well done! Thankfully you had the beast with you!
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    06-13-18 06:50 AM
    I think a single speaker is fine... as long as it's loud and allows for clearly understandable words. But every phone I've owned after the Z10, has had stereo speakers and very good sound.

I also think this is all the result of a poor launch by BBMo... They should have sent out test units to reviewers and allowed them to push out full reviews after the "launch" event. As well as detailing what the phone really is....
    I agree completely. The use of a mobile phone as a speakerphone for a high stakes conference call is a clear use case for affluent professionals. The KEYone's inability to handle that task in exemplary fashion was an indication to me that they were simply paying lip service to the "professional" market positioning.

06-13-18 07:01 AM
    I agree completely. The use of a mobile phone as a speakerphone for a high stakes conference call is a clear use case for affluent professionals. The KEYone's inability to handle that task in exemplary fashion was an indication to me that they were simply paying lip service to the "professional" market positioning.

I've used K1 as a speaker phone. Embarrassing when people need to huddle around it to hear. They already assume it's 10 years old and the poor audio quality does nothing to dissuade that notion.
    06-14-18 05:40 AM
38 12