I'VE BEEN a BlackBerry user since I dumped my Motorola Moto Flip Phone. Using the Passport since 2014 and the Torch before that. Enjoy and enjoyed both.
    I still use the Passport. To me it has been flawless for the last 5 years (I've had none of the "issues" that I've read others have had).
    I HAVE lost the use of a couple of APPS (e.g. a translation app, & the Facebook for Passport now all suck).

KEY2: Can I no longer expect to purchase my next BlackBerry with the same confidence I had in buying all my prior BlackBerry's?
    ...That they're going to work flawlessly right out of the box??
    Or will I be faced with annoying, irksome issues from day #1 ?
    - the "glass" will fall off
    - the infamous BlackBerry Hub just won't be "hubbing" like it has on all my predecessors?
    - the spacebar will drive me crazy by its looseness?
    - the screen won't always hold its "brightness"
    - the battery's charge just won't be that great?
    _____
    I bought the iPhone X Max last September when I bought my wife a upgrade to her iPhone 6... AT&T offered a 2nd X Max at a $700 Discount, which I couldn't pass up.
    I've used it for FaceBook and Newspapers ' which is far speedier than any of my prior BlackBerry's - but that's about it. I don't like business email on the iPhone (I have about 8 email accounts - which the BlackBerry Hub handles expertly - in 3 languages).
    ______
    But with BlackBerry now not providing support for its old 10 OS, I know one day I will have to part from my Passport.

And I don't want to step into a new KEY2 room of nagging problems. (the KEY2 LE doesn't excite me because I like the "finger-flipping" on the Passport Keyboard & use it often among my 3 languages, which I understand the "LE" does not offer...[why not pray tell]).

TELL me that your belly-aching about the Android is a Syndrome you suffer from as a result of your Obsessive Compulsiveness....please

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC and Mcimac like this.
    02-10-19 12:44 AM
    I'VE BEEN a BlackBerry user since I dumped my Motorola Moto Flip Phone. Using the Passport since 2014 and the Torch before that. Enjoy and enjoyed both.
    I still use the Passport. To me it has been flawless for the last 5 years (I've had none of the "issues" that I've read others have had).
    I HAVE lost the use of a couple of APPS (e.g. a translation app, & the Facebook for Passport now all suck).

KEY2: Can I no longer expect to purchase my next BlackBerry with the same confidence I had in buying all my prior BlackBerry's?
    - the infamous BlackBerry Hub just won't be "hubbing" like it has on all my predecessors?
    _____
    I bought the iPhone X Max last September when I bought my wife a upgrade to her iPhone 6... AT&T offered a 2nd X Max at a $700 Discount, which I couldn't pass up.
    I've used it for FaceBook and Newspapers ' which is far speedier than any of my prior BlackBerry's - but that's about it. I don't like business email on the iPhone (I have about 8 email accounts - which the BlackBerry Hub handles expertly - in 3 languages).
    ______
    But with BlackBerry now not providing support for its old 10 OS, I know one day I will have to part from my Passport.

And I don't want to step into a new KEY2 room of nagging problems. (the KEY2 LE doesn't excite me because I like the "finger-flipping" on the Passport Keyboard & use it often among my 3 languages, which I understand the "LE" does not offer...[why not pray tell]).

TELL me that your belly-aching about the Android is a Syndrome you suffer from as a result of your Obsessive Compulsiveness....please

Posted via CB10
    Where does one start. First I haven't used the Key 2 but have used the Keyone, Motion and Evolve so my view is one that encompasses the BlackBerry brand and not the Key Two.

I don't think anyone can tell you with 100% certainty that any device will work flawlessly 100% out of the box .

Also there is the fact that having also used BB10 for almost 5 years that switching to Android requires acceptance that functionality is different. I can't swipe away my apps , I can't sneek peak my hub in the same way as I could with BB10.

I still use my Z30 as my personal device and won't part with it until it becomes completely unusable.

I have 9 email accounts on the Evolve, running dual sims , ( same when using the Motion except single sim). I have managed to set my productivity tab to work in an "acceptable" (for me) manner . Do I like it ? Not really but it is better than the offerings of the IPhone / other Android devices.... Without a doubt yes .

Will the glass fall out or the space bar become loose ? Ideally one would hope and expect not, but no one can guarantee these things won't happen, hence the manufacturer warranty.

I am assuming you will be able to switch languages just as you can with your passport BUT someone who uses this function will confirm either way .

With a 6gb ram and 3500 mHa battery you should be fine to last the day under normal usage.

Finally, you use a Blackberry passport and it's served you well. The Key range was designed as an upgrade to the Classic and Passport.....more importantly....it's Blackberry

From my own use of 3 Blackberry Android devices , I would recommend the brand and it's devices.

Hope this helps 😁
    the_boon and skinnymike1 like this.
    02-10-19 01:30 AM
    As much as I love BB10 devices, I could never say that they were problem free. I had issues with two Q10's, one Z10, one Z30 and even my Passport that I love, has the top right corner of the screen coming unglued because of heat as is not uncommon.

So I definitely think you should try out the BB Mobile devices for yourself.

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-10-19 02:41 AM
    The only issue in the Key series I identify with from your list is the brightness issue - the auto brightness is pathetically dim in some environments. This could be fixed with a software update I think. Until then I use tasker to raise or lower brightness based on time of day and which apps are in use. I also have a keyboard shortcut to screen filter.

What do you mean by "hubbing" like on your predecessors? I synd 3 email accounts with no issues.

The update to Pie later this year should help the experience feel a bit more like the old school with gesture based navigation too.

Overall I think you will find the benefits of the new handset outweigh the limitations of your current dying platform. You're already carrying two devices so you've half given up the passport already.

you could always try adding Hub services to your iphone and see how you get on?
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-10-19 03:34 AM

_____
    ______

Posted via CB10
    Really depends on the build date. I bought a key 2 in the summer and it had all those issues and I returned it after a week. 2 weeks ago I purchased the silver key 2 with a December build date and it has 0 issues whatsoever
    02-10-19 06:14 AM
    Well couple days ago I would have said these are great built phones but today I can't say that. I have dad the unwanted vkb pop up since I got this phone. I lived with it but now I'm having grief with space bar not working as I feel it should. I have said before I always had issues with previous phones classics and Q10s. But those phones could buy a new kb and change it. I don't feel this is software but a hardware issue. If this phone does not get worse I can live with it. I'm not sad I purchased it as I like the function and idea. I just find I really have to proof read now as before pretty much knew things were good. Hard to tell someone to spend hard earned cash on it but also hope you do and love it. They are not bb10 but have some good features and of course if you want the apps friends have then it's the future.
    Phone calls are really good
    Camera is plenty good for me
    Emails (hub) works well
    Keyboard great feel and size.
    Screen I have had issues not seeing it well in daylight.
    Availability of cases. Lots
    Word flicking works good for me.
    That vkb issues is not bad enough to make me turn off capacitive keyboard.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    02-10-19 08:54 AM
    I am also a long time BlackBerry owner/user for the primary reason of having a PKB. Previous BlackBerry devices have had their issues but regardless, I have remained a BlackBerry user.

Regarding the KEY2, I am very satisfied with mine with the exception of the PKB sensitivity/inconsistency when swiping of predicted words. This feature has improved it appears with the recent OS update ABP242. BlackBerry Mobile is aware of this is even after the recent update and a number of us have open cases with BBMo and we are hopeful they will get it fully resolved.

I like the physical size of the KEY2... Feels good in the hand and I can easily stuff it in the rear pocket of my jeans.

The PKB keys are easy and comfortable to type on and I don't have an issue with the space bar as some report. Loose/wobbly/clicky.

Battery life is fantastic... I typically get 24 plus hours from a 100% charge and SOT of 7-8 hours... sometimes more. The turnaround time for recharging when needed is very quick.

The camera while not as good as the top tier devices from Google, Samsung, Apple, it most definitely takes pictures that are more than adequate for my needs.

Call quality is acceptable and I have not had any issues with cellular signal strength to date in the areas I currently travel in.

The Hub functions as it should and I have 3 email accounts set up and there has never been an issue. I have no issues in the Hub with Messenger, WhatsApp, BBM, Call Log, etc.

I have adjusted to the smaller screen size, versus the larger screen of my PRIV, that I had for 3 years before transitioning to the KEY2.

There are a number of options for cases and screen protectors. I went with the OEM BlackBerry Soft Shell Case and the Supershieldz Screen Protector and I am completely satisfied with both products.

Since purchasing my Black KEY2 in October I have no regrets and I am completely satisfied, except for the PKB swiping issue, with it's performance and functionality. If a PKB is as important to you, as it is for me, then I have no issue recommending the KEY2.

Bob
    02-10-19 09:33 AM
    I dual carry AT&T KEYone and iPhone XR for now. Had AT&T offered any Key2 carrier version, I’d have it and like it....
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-10-19 10:15 AM
    I dual carry AT&T KEYone and iPhone XR for now. Had AT&T offered any Key2 carrier version, I’d have it and like it....
    Same here - provided they offered WFC and all of that fun stuff. I'm strictly iPhone X right now unfortunately because of the lack of WFC.
    zeeten likes this.
    02-10-19 11:12 AM
    Wish ATT offered the K2 as well. Was looking forward to trying it.

OP: I was you about 18 months ago. Planned to cling to my Passport until, well cold dead hands and all that

I have been using K1 since as a heavy business user. It has been quite serviceable. The hub is actually very good and better than BB10 in some ways. I don't love it but it does the job I need it too.

I dual carry Passport with my personal sim in it. It's still a joy to use but lacks a lot of functionality now.

Life is about change. Give the K2 a try. Read somewhere else here that it's on sale. You can un-google it if that's your concern.

I'm waiting for K3 if there is such a thing.
    02-10-19 01:59 PM
    Wish ATT offered the K2 as well. Was looking forward to trying it.

OP: I was you about 18 months ago. Planned to cling to my Passport until, well cold dead hands and all that

I have been using K1 since as a heavy business user. It has been quite serviceable. The hub is actually very good and better than BB10 in some ways. I don't love it but it does the job I need it too.

I dual carry Passport with my personal sim in it. It's still a joy to use but lacks a lot of functionality now.

Life is about change. Give the K2 a try. Read somewhere else here that it's on sale. You can un-google it if that's your concern.

I'm waiting for K3 if there is such a thing.
    I’d be happy with AT&T branded Key2 LE or after variety.... even AT&T branded Motion 2 would be a win...
    mralgi likes this.
    02-10-19 02:31 PM
    THANK YOU All for your good and helpful comments on the KEY2

You've given me sufficient positive info to propel me forward.
    And, «Yes» there is a sale for the K2 right now at Amazon and Best Buy.

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-10-19 10:25 PM
    The Key2 has been great and quite reliable. Took a while to get used to Android. Most significant loss for me? The fact that one has to toggle the space bar and choose a language to change it....The Passport was brilliant at being able to change and suggest corrections on the fly in any of 3 chosen languages.
    09-04-19 09:16 AM

_____
    ______

Posted via CB10

Just scroll down and watch all the posts.
    Than you will have an overview of all the issues you can expect.
    But maybe you're the chosen one and you will get one of the few problem-free key2 devices.
    Cheers
    the_boon likes this.
    09-04-19 06:13 PM
    The Key2 has been great and quite reliable. Took a while to get used to Android. Most significant loss for me? The fact that one has to toggle the space bar and choose a language to change it....The Passport was brilliant at being able to change and suggest corrections on the fly in any of 3 chosen languages.
    You can create a Multilanguage keyboard on the KEY2 (or KEYone/LE also) and type two languages at a time, but not three
    09-04-19 07:22 PM