I've pretty much only posted complaining about the camera but I've had an issue on all 3 of my phones (none replaced because of the spacebar. It doesn't bother me).

Up until the last update, the center of my keyboard would often not be able to be used to scroll within pages or apps. After the update & increased sensitivity mention by somebody else. It's a lot better but the center is still not as sensitive as the sides of the PKB for scrolling. On top of that sometimes the keyboard just decides to stop scrolling completely & then maybe a few seconds later it wakes up again, so I can use it to scroll.

Does anybody else have issues with their keyboard from time to time?
    Last edited by S2G-Unit; 08-29-18 at 06:17 PM.
    08-29-18 05:56 PM
    The only time I ever notice it is on websites that have a ton of ads, which of course, can be alleviated by using a browser that kills ads.
    08-29-18 06:50 PM
    The only time I ever notice it is on websites that have a ton of ads, which of course, can be alleviated by using a broser that kills ads.
    Thanks. I'm already using "Block This!" and it isn't only on web pages. Many times with youtube or other apps on the phone.

Any inside info about updates or patches to fix this?
    08-29-18 08:04 PM
    Thanks. I'm already using "Block This!" and it isn't only on web pages. Many times with youtube or other apps on the phone.

Any inside info about updates or patches to fix this?
    Lol.. YouTube, is one of the largest ad serving networks there is. Not surprised there. But nah, I know they always try and optimize it but it's one of those things that's going to vary update to update.
    08-29-18 08:06 PM
    Lol.. YouTube, is one of the largest ad serving networks there is. Not surprised there. But nah, I know they always try and optimize it but it's one of those things that's going to vary update to update.
    Well the issue happens even inside of other apps without ads but thank you.
    08-29-18 08:17 PM
    What's the specific app or situation? Is it reproducible? I haven't had this happen so far.
    08-29-18 08:23 PM
    I've pretty much only posted complaining about the camera but I've had an issue on all 3 of my phones (none replaced because of the spacebar. It doesn't bother me).

Up until the last update, the center of my keyboard would often not be able to be used to scroll within pages or apps. After the update & increased sensitivity mention by somebody else. It's a lot better but the center is still not as sensitive as the sides of the PKB for scrolling. On top of that sometimes the keyboard just decides to stop scrolling completely & then maybe a few seconds later it wakes up again, so I can use it to scroll.

If you start scrolling from the spacebar it won't scroll. If you start scrolling from the buttons right above the spacebar, it will scroll. Basically, the spacebar ruins the user experience of this device on multiple levels.
    08-29-18 08:25 PM
    If you start scrolling from the spacebar it won't scroll. If you start scrolling from the buttons right above the spacebar, it will scroll. Basically, the spacebar ruins the user experience of this device on multiple levels.
    I noticed people have said that you can't scroll from the space bar. I actually never scroll from the bottom row with the spacebar. The center is often a slightly dead or unsensitive spot even after adjusting it & sometimes the keyboard just randomly decides not to do anything.

Honestly, it would be nice if TCL spoke out about these different issues. I'm sure TCL is getting a earful from Chinese customers considering the population. So they have to know about every single issue a lot of us are having.
    08-29-18 08:31 PM
    Oh ya by the way, scrolling is for teeny boppers. Real business men write emails & don't scroll or use speakerphone, or bluetooth or need a great camera on vacation.
    the_boon likes this.
    08-29-18 08:33 PM
    I do, it is even visible in the hub, it do agree that it seems like it is sleeping after a while without use and you need to swipe at it before it starts working. No issues with any other gestures though.
    08-29-18 10:31 PM
    On KEYone, only first two rows are active.
    08-29-18 10:42 PM
    I just tried it and noticed that!

However it never happened to me accidentally since the keyboard is bigger therefore much less chance of a scroll starting from the spacebar instead of on the keys.

I must agree though, that the spacebar is this device's weak point. Hopefully they know where to improve next.
    08-30-18 03:52 AM