Is the squared screen an issue while you watch YouTube Netflix etc?
    12-11-19 03:20 PM
    The screen isn't square, but there will be black bars at the top and bottom.

All Netflix movies/TV shows will play just fine, but the experience won't be nearly the same as on a large AMOLED screen like a Samsung, Pixel, OnePlus, etc
    12-11-19 03:45 PM
    I watch a lot jn YouTube ,no issues !
    hamilgs and Sigewif like this.
    12-11-19 04:06 PM
    watch youtube daily. you get used to it.
    hamilgs likes this.
    12-11-19 04:10 PM
    If you watch videos anything more than occasionally, then the KEY² isn't the right fit.
    12-11-19 04:17 PM
    You can always turn your phone . . .
    12-11-19 07:14 PM
    I watch a lot jn YouTube ,no issues !
    I watch a lot of videos on my KEY2, no problem. For a feature film, if it is something that I am watching more than casually, I generally would watch it on a PC computer-screen-sized, or larger, screen.
    12-12-19 01:03 AM
    youtube all the time, netflix sometimes. love it.
    12-12-19 02:37 AM
    everyone says why would you torture yourself with that screen just get a bigger phone with a bigger screen and enjoy what you're watching
    12-13-19 07:29 AM
    everyone says why would you torture yourself with that screen just get a bigger phone with a bigger screen and enjoy what you're watching
    It's just not the best screen if one wants the best Netflix experience lol
    12-13-19 09:11 AM
    anyone watching netflix on phones are doing themselves a disservice .tv screen is by far the best platform.
    DWonder likes this.
    12-13-19 10:00 AM
    anyone watching netflix on phones are doing themselves a disservice .tv screen is by far the best platform.
    Right, but man if you had your KEY2 and an AMOLED slab on your bedside table and wanted to watch Netflix (in bed so no TV), are you saying that you will pick up the KEY2 for that specific use!?!

Gotta give credit where credit is due, AMOLED slabs destroy the KEYBerry's when it comes to media watching
    12-13-19 11:00 AM
    Gotta give credit where credit is due, AMOLED slabs destroy the KEYBerry's when it comes to media watching
    Not on a 4.5" screen it doesn't.

Media viewing is so compromised anyway that some tiny iterative difference in screen tech is completely overwhelmed.

When I golf, I always laugh at guys who can't swing a club, but insist on buying expensive balls to get an extra 10 yards out of their shot (the one time in twenty that they actually hit it properly).
    12-13-19 11:19 AM
    No issue for me . I go all in to the movie!
    12-13-19 11:22 AM
    Not on a 4.5" screen it doesn't.
    So you're saying there's barely any difference between watching a movie on TCL's very average looking 4.5" LCD panels and watching that same movie on a 6" Samsung AMOLED one?

LOL

Well if you were right, the KEY devices would have sold better since the general consumer who was eyeing one would have been convinced that he/she would get the same media viewing experience on it than on a large slab.

...Which was not the case.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    12-13-19 11:27 AM
    So you're saying there's barely any difference between watching a movie on TCL's very average looking 4.5" LCD panels and watching that same movie on a 6" Samsung AMOLED one?
    No. Barely a difference watching on a 4.5" IPS LCD and a 4.5" AMOLED.
    12-13-19 11:30 AM
    No. Barely a difference watching on a 4.5" IPS LCD and a 4.5" AMOLED.
    Well a KEY device having an AMOLED would at least make up for lack of display size with display quality, which could be important in attracting slabbers, or "glass phreeks" as @idssteve likes to call them
    12-13-19 11:33 AM
    Well a KEY device having an AMOLED would at least make up for lack of display size with display quality, which could be important in attracting slabbers, or "glass phreeks" as @idssteve likes to call them
    That's my point. It wouldn't. It can't. For people that enjoy media, the tech isn't the elephant in the room - the screen size is.

The tiny iterative enhancement wouldn't have added a single sale for the KEY series. But the increase in cost would have certainly hurt it a lot.
    12-13-19 12:06 PM
    That's my point. It wouldn't. It can't. For people that enjoy media, the tech isn't the elephant in the room - the screen size is.

The tiny iterative enhancement wouldn't have added a single sale for the KEY series. But the increase in cost would have certainly hurt it a lot.
    I think if the KEY2 had a 4.8" AMOLED from the very top of the device down to the keyboard, yes it would have helped sales a bit. I don't know by much, but it would have been more enticing to those who want a keyboard but won't settle for a mediocre display.
    12-13-19 12:10 PM
    Haha... I call myself a Pheesical KB Phreek. Lol. Been a "phreek" of one sort or another since the days of "Phreeking phree phone calls, courtesy of Ma Bell and Capt Crunch"... If that dates my age. Lol.

Btw: plastic whistles in Capt Crunch boxes produced just the right phreequency... Back in "the day". Lol.
    Last edited by idssteve; 12-13-19 at 01:16 PM.
    12-13-19 12:55 PM

LOL

Well if you were right, the KEY devices would have sold better since the general consumer who was eyeing one would have been convinced that he/she would get the same media viewing experience on it than on a large slab.

...Which was not the case.
    Sorry but the majority of consumers are clueless and go with marketing advertising trends and follow the sheep. I bet most people don't really question much. On top of that you wont find any marketing of the key2, or much locations putting the key2 on front displays.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    12-13-19 07:45 PM
    Right, but man if you had your KEY2 and an AMOLED slab on your bedside table and wanted to watch Netflix (in bed so no TV), are you saying that you will pick up the KEY2 for that specific use!?!

Think of it like this, you are coming down from a 50 to 80 inch to devices of 6inches. If you u can put up with such a drop, then another 1,5/2 inches is nothing.

The same people who laugh when looking at a key2 screen, were the same ones laughing when I had a 2inch blackberry and they were living the life on a "4inch" iphone, yet somehow were amazed at the media screen back then, for youtube etc... so what's changed? By now all screens have a high ppi, and support HD. Which leads me to the next thing.

If you were to watch netflix/youtube, say a trailer or video, and I was to record your psychological emotional response, on 2 devices, a key2, and say iphone 11, a day apart, they will be the same. We have reached a point where devices can convey what was intended, in full clarity, screens clear enough to see what is happening, sound good enough to understand what is being said. What ever tiny detail is lacking the brain processes the rest on. You aren't going to cry or laugh or be in awe simply by going to the next "bigger' device. We hit that peak of what is acceptable. Anything more now is just battery kill. So to answer your question, if I had to spend a day out of the house with media consumption, it would be the key 2, because it would last me the longest, being a smaller screen and none of the fancy battery draining stuff. I'd save youtube for my phone,a nd keep netflix reserved for my tv.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    12-13-19 08:04 PM
    For me, no phone offers a decent way to see a real movie or TV show, regardless of how amazing the screen is.

The optimal viewing distance for a 5 inch screen is 6-8 inches away. Who wants to bury their head in a phone screen 8 inches in front of your face for 2-3 hours?

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    12-13-19 08:16 PM
    Having the KEYone and KEY2, to me its become normal. I dont think twice about watching videos on my phone :-)
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    12-14-19 06:07 AM
    I watch YouTube videos all the time on my K2. I guess I just got used to it
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    12-14-19 06:14 AM
35 12