Having the KEYone and KEY2, to me its become normal. I dont think twice about watching videos on my phone :-)
    Same. Just was enjoying free tv via Wi-Fi on a Southwest flight a few days ago. Didn't really bother me, but I think I have also just gotten used to it.
    12-14-19 07:39 AM
    Sorry but the majority of consumers are clueless and go with marketing advertising trends and follow the sheep. I bet most people don't really question much. On top of that you wont find any marketing of the key2, or much locations putting the key2 on front displays.
    But if the sheep device works for them, then what's the problem?
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    12-14-19 07:40 AM
    Yes, I am.
    12-14-19 10:02 AM
    When I watch a video on my phone, it's because there is information in the video that I need, such as a technical guide to solving a problem, a lecture, or a Web conference. I don't want or need it to be an immersive experience. (I use larger screens for serious watching. I've found that absolutely ANY phone is more than adequate for this purpose, but I generally use the KEYone, which I find perfectly satisfying.

My biggest complaint with watching video on the KEYone is that there don't appear to be any PKB controls for the video. It just seems obvious that the space bar should start and stop the video, and that the capacitive keyboard or dedicated keys should allow me to scroll forward and backwards as well as jump forward or backwards the way tapping the screen does.

Of course this would require greater integration with Android so that individual developers didn't all have to code for this functionality specifically, and that's my biggest problem with the PKB on Android. It's kind of a "two trick pony" in that it supports text entry and app shortcuts, but really isn't part of the OS at any deeper level, unlike PKBs on BlackBerry OS and BB10 phones.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    12-15-19 11:02 AM
    Not on a 4.5" screen it doesn't.
    You can't have used a modern phone display and seriously make this comment. Pick up a OnePlus 7 Pro and watch a video next to a KEY2. The difference is night and day.
    the_boon and skinnymike1 like this.
    12-15-19 10:06 PM
    You can't have used a modern phone display and seriously make this comment. Pick up a OnePlus 7 Pro and watch a video next to a KEY2. The difference is night and day.
    I mean, the KEY2 has its strengths but mobile video consumption isn't one.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    12-15-19 10:10 PM
    The night and day is the 4.3" (allowing for 16:9) compared to 6.7".
    12-15-19 10:12 PM
    The night and day is the 4.2" (allowing for 16:9) compared to 6.7".
    That's a factor but the quality difference is self evident when you look side by each. There's increased resolution, potentially higher refresh rate, potentially HDR, higher contrast, and probably more to consider.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    12-15-19 10:23 PM
    But if the sheep device works for them, then what's the problem?
    A have no issues if it works for them. But my answer was in relation to the supposed fact that people aren't buying key2 due to the screen size.
    12-16-19 11:53 PM
    That's a factor but the quality difference is self evident when you look side by each. There's increased resolution, potentially higher refresh rate, potentially HDR, higher contrast, and probably more to consider.
    No one is saying that there isn't a difference. But many of us are saying we don't care because the differences don't affect how we use our device. Frankly, if you spend more time looking at your screen than using the PKB, you probably don't want a KEY phone in the first place, as the screen's 3:2 aspect ratio is the biggest compromise for a premium screen fan.

On the other hand, some of us PKB fans don't like the KEY screen because it's already way too big for the phone's overall design and balance!

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    12-17-19 02:57 AM
35 12