I want to hear from people who prefer to use a KEY2 every day in their business, profession, career, etc.

I’m particularly interested in why you chose the KEY2, how it empowers you, and some specific ways you use it to get work done.

What’s your story?
    09-05-18 07:56 PM
    It's mostly email and other forms of communication for me.

I am very particular as to how I manage my emails and follow ups; my communications can go back as far as a year sometimes and there is so much correspondence that I really don't see myself being able to handle it without Hub on a mobile device and respond thoughtfully on the go without a PKB phone.

If we ever end up without a PKB option I will have to go back to my desktop which I still do but less and less as I master using my KEY².
    09-05-18 08:34 PM
    Bottom line for me is that I spend more than 50% of the time on my phone typing, and find that a 4.5" screen is perfectly acceptable for when I'm not.
    09-05-18 08:47 PM
    I came to a Key2 from a Note 8 and a iPhone 8 Plus. I can get so much more done on the Key2 has than any other phone!

I'm a lot faster swyping on the Note 8 or typing on the iPhone, but the Key2 is a much more enjoyable experience. Something about the tactile feedback that is very addicting....
    09-05-18 10:24 PM
    When I came across your thread, I thought I detected some irony in it and was almost relieved. Here is someone who would like to hear about people who actually never use their smartphones for work...Not what you wanted to hear I quickly found out but here I am anyway. Not only am I not a super busy professional (sorry BB), my work email isn't even one of my registered Hub email accounts. And for a reason. Using my KEY² keyboard is purely a fun activity; keeping in touch with wife, kids, friends and a bunch of blogs related to my hobbies. Almost a toy and not a tool. Cheers!
    Last edited by Laramie50; 09-05-18 at 11:52 PM.
    09-05-18 11:36 PM
    I use my Key2 as my business phone and I absolutely love it. There is something about a pkb that makes typing emails and communicating with my clients so enjoyable. I used to use the Passport as my business phone however, my business requires certain social media apps and my bank app which I could not get on the Passport. I hated having to switch from emailing on my Passport to my IPhone to post content on social media or check my bank account. So I decided to purchase the Key2 to become more efficient. It was definitely a smart purchase for me business wise. I get so much more done throughout my day. I would suggest it to anyone who needs a business phone or needs a phone that can multi-task like no other.
    09-06-18 12:31 AM
    same here.
    using the dual sim key2 for work on a daily basis (emails, spreadsheets, etc.) - all handled flawlessly by the PKB.

got it for the PKB, dual sim, battery, hub and exclusivity.
    I'm just over 1 month in with it and use it intensively every day - no hiccups so far
    09-06-18 05:28 AM
    Email, texting, browsing, ordering supplies.....my work laptop rarely gets used.
    anon(10321802) and the_boon like this.
    09-06-18 05:58 AM
    It's mostly email and other forms of communication for me.

I am very particular as to how I manage my emails and follow ups; my communications can go back as far as a year sometimes and there is so much correspondence that I really don't see myself being able to handle it without Hub on a mobile device and respond thoughtfully on the go without a PKB phone.

If we ever end up without a PKB option I will have to go back to my desktop which I still do but less and less as I master using my KEY².
    What line of work are you in?

How does the combination of Hub and PKB help you more than, say, Hub on an all-touch phone?
    09-06-18 07:37 AM
    Bottom line for me is that I spend more than 50% of the time on my phone typing, and find that a 4.5" screen is perfectly acceptable for when I'm not.
    That’s a lot of typing!

Do you use your phone more for work or non-work-related typing?
    09-06-18 07:38 AM
    I came to a Key2 from a Note 8 and a iPhone 8 Plus. I can get so much more done on the Key2 has than any other phone!

I'm a lot faster swyping on the Note 8 or typing on the iPhone, but the Key2 is a much more enjoyable experience. Something about the tactile feedback that is very addicting....
    What do you get done with your phone?

So typing speed is not as important as the typing experience for you. That’s interesting. Could it be that the PKB gives you more of a sense of confidence as you type?
    09-06-18 07:41 AM
    When I came across your thread, I thought I detected some irony in it and was almost relieved. Here is someone who would like to hear about people who actually never use their smartphones for work...Not what you wanted to hear I quickly found out but here I am anyway. Not only am I not a super busy professional (sorry BB), my work email isn't even one of my registered Hub email accounts. And for a reason. Using my KEY² keyboard is purely a fun activity; keeping in touch with wife, kids, friends and a bunch of blogs related to my hobbies. Almost a toy and not a tool. Cheers!
    I want to hear your story, too! I’d love to know why, of all the available options, you settled on a KEY2 for personal use. Have you always loved PKBs? Longtime BlackBerry fan? Want to be different than the sea of slabs?
    09-06-18 07:44 AM
    I mostly text and email all day long. I'd say 99% of my typing, invoicing and estimates are done from my mobile device.

Confidence is one way of putting it, but overall pleasure is better. Using the Key2 is an absolute blast and I love being the guys with the "different" phone at meetings while our phones are on the tables.

The PP SE was by far my favorite BB device and always said "if this PP was running the latest Android" , it would be perfect! This Key2 is very close to the perfect phone for myself and needs.

The iPhone 8 Plus is sold, the Galaxy Note 9 is sold, and all I have left is a Note 8 and my old Key1. The Note 8 will be gone next and it's me and the Key2 from here on out.
    the_boon likes this.
    09-06-18 07:47 AM
    I use my Key2 as my business phone and I absolutely love it. There is something about a pkb that makes typing emails and communicating with my clients so enjoyable. I used to use the Passport as my business phone however, my business requires certain social media apps and my bank app which I could not get on the Passport. I hated having to switch from emailing on my Passport to my IPhone to post content on social media or check my bank account. So I decided to purchase the Key2 to become more efficient. It was definitely a smart purchase for me business wise. I get so much more done throughout my day. I would suggest it to anyone who needs a business phone or needs a phone that can multi-task like no other.
    What sort of work do you do?

The PKB makes typing on a phone enjoyable for you? This seems to be a recurring theme in the responses so far. And the KEY2 allowed you consolidate the work of multiple devices into a single device.

Do you also use a laptop/desktop? Have you found that you use it less now that you have a KEY2?
    09-06-18 07:48 AM
    That’s a lot of typing!

Do you use your phone more for work or non-work-related typing?
    Both.

Frankly, I prefer typing on my phone to typing on my computer keyboard.
    Lionel Passport likes this.
    09-06-18 08:05 AM
    I got my Key2 two days ago and I'm already using hard the PKB. I used Passport in the last 4 years and I fell somehow strange holding Key2 in my hand due to the different shape. I'm also used with the 1:1 Passport screen. I still have my Passport as the second phone. Despite the strange Space click I like the Key2 keyboard but I feel the Passport keyboard more solid.
    So far I like Key2 but I have to say there will be no other phone like Passport.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-06-18 08:10 AM
    For me it's the shortcuts. I switch between apps a lot and the shortcut to open apps or speed dial saves me time. Instead of pressing the home button then swipe to the correct panel, I can switch to another app in 2 quick and precise buttons.

Battery is another important factor. I no longer have to carry a power bank wherever I go. Key2 lasts for at least 24 hours.

I don't think I can go back to a non pkb phone.
    anon(10321802) and the_boon like this.
    09-06-18 08:21 AM
    For the most part I agree with the guy who said he uses his phone for the joy of it. It's just fun to use a PKB. But in those moments when I'm actually being productive, the keyboard shortcuts are a lifesaver. I'm a plumber, so I use notes quite a bit to write down measurements, make parts lists, send texts and email, you know, plumbing stuff.
    09-06-18 08:58 AM
    For the most part I agree with the guy who said he uses his phone for the joy of it. It's just fun to use a PKB. But in those moments when I'm actually being productive, the keyboard shortcuts are a lifesaver. I'm a plumber, so I use notes quite a bit to write down measurements, make parts lists, send texts and email, you know, plumbing stuff.
    Do you use the BlackBerry Notes app?

Besides shortcuts and the PKB, is there anything else about your BlackBerry phone that helps you in your work as a plumber?
    09-06-18 09:23 AM
    Do you use the BlackBerry Notes app?

Besides shortcuts and the PKB, is there anything else about your BlackBerry phone that helps you in your work as a plumber?
    I do use the BlackBerry notes app. I've tried others but really haven't found a reason to switch to something else.

These aren't BlackBerry specific, but they are what I can think of at the moment:

Maps - almost every day.

I use jota (text editor) as a more permanent means to keep memos of tricky measurements, which helps tremendously in installing fixtures.

Camera gets used on occasion to record what all is in the walls before they get covered up.

Sound recorder occasionally.

And of course a time clock app.
    anon(10321802) likes this.
    09-06-18 09:38 AM
    I do use the BlackBerry notes app. I've tried others but really haven't found a reason to switch to something else.

These aren't BlackBerry specific, but they are what I can think of at the moment:

Maps - almost every day.

I use jota (text editor) as a more permanent means to keep memos of tricky measurements, which helps tremendously in installing fixtures.

Camera gets used on occasion to record what all is in the walls before they get covered up.

Sound recorder occasionally.

And of course a time clock app.
    Obviously, the ability to run the apps you need is an important feature.

Do you use the BlackBerry Hub or Productivity Tab? Any privacy features like the Locker?
    09-06-18 09:41 AM
    I am an independent contractor, and I am almost always "on duty" given the nature of my work -- the Key2 is my sole mobile device.

I steadily use it for communications with my clients and subcontractors (primarily Slack, email,phone calls, but sometimes Google Hangouts). I also access / work on shared Google docs and Office docs from my Key2 on the fly (the always-there PKB makes navigating spreadsheets much easier and more accurate). I also regularly use the double-KB-tap for precision cursor placement / text selection, and the standard keyboard shortcuts (ctrl+c etc) to use/edit content across apps.

Android has been awesome too (I was on iphone for a decade before I got my KeyOne and now Key2), and the Key2's implementation of it is great. I have my full cloud drive with all of my files and folder structure sync'd to my SD card (128gb), so if I ever need anything, anywhere, I have full access to everything I would have access to from my desk .. Like an enterprise server. And access to all of these confidential apps / files are secured using the Locker.

This thing just never fails. It is a productivity workhorse, and also perfectly sufficient for me for personal uses.
    anon(10321802) and herr_tan like this.
    09-06-18 12:09 PM
    Obviously, the ability to run the apps you need is an important feature.
    I almost forgot about the unfettered access to cloud storage and remote servers that I could only dream about on BB10.

Moving documents and images around is a breeze.
    09-06-18 12:22 PM
    I use the keytwo for emails, texting, BBM etc I love the precise typing knowing which letter your hitting awesome
    09-06-18 12:23 PM
    I am an independent contractor, and I am almost always "on duty" given the nature of my work -- the Key2 is my sole mobile device.

I steadily use it for communications with my clients and subcontractors (primarily Slack, email,phone calls, but sometimes Google Hangouts). I also access / work on shared Google docs and Office docs from my Key2 on the fly (the always-there PKB makes navigating spreadsheets much easier and more accurate). I also regularly use the double-KB-tap for precision cursor placement / text selection, and the standard keyboard shortcuts (ctrl+c etc) to use/edit content across apps.

Android has been awesome too (I was on iphone for a decade before I got my KeyOne and now Key2), and the Key2's implementation of it is great. I have my full cloud drive with all of my files and folder structure sync'd to my SD card (128gb), so if I ever need anything, anywhere, I have full access to everything I would have access to from my desk .. Like an enterprise server. And access to all of these confidential apps / files are secured using the Locker.

This thing just never fails. It is a productivity workhorse, and also perfectly sufficient for me for personal uses.
    May I ask which industry or field you are in?

What is the one thing about your KEY2 that you couldn't work without?
    09-06-18 01:05 PM
65 123