Just asking for advice as the screen is gorilla glass 3. I did purchase a Premium tempered glass protector but holding of on fitting it yet.
    Thanks
    03-13-19 06:19 AM
    Am not using one as the screen is slightly bent. But for transport I put it into a pouch.
    03-13-19 06:21 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply Chris. I ha ve a bumper type case on the phone and was thinking of getting a leather case to protect it even more but at home I like to remove case etc.
    03-13-19 06:24 AM
    Tempered glass screen protector is even more important than a case imo.

I'm using my KEY2 LE with one but without a case.

I'd say install it asap
    03-13-19 11:19 AM
    I've had a Supershieldz Screen Protector on my KEY2 since day one. Fits and looks great and doesn't affect any on screen functionality.

Bob
    V-Tom and Crusader03 like this.
    03-13-19 11:25 AM
    I've had a Supershieldz Screen Protector on my KEY2 since day one. Fits and looks great and doesn't affect any on screen functionality.

Bob
    I also have the supershieldz on my LE and while it does fit perfect and protect the phone quite well, it has such an annoying glare to it which requires bumping up the brightness more than would be needed without it.
    This is the case for all screen protectors that don't have the adhesive throughout the entire surface, meaning only on the borders.
    03-13-19 12:16 PM
    I also have the supershieldz on my LE and while it does fit perfect and protect the phone quite well, it has such an annoying glare to it which requires bumping up the brightness more than would be needed without it.
    This is the case for all screen protectors that don't have the adhesive throughout the entire surface, meaning only on the borders.
    Yes, having any screen protector installed diminishes the screen brightness to some extent. But to not have a screen protector installed you run the risk of damage. I run my screen brightness at 50% on my KEY2 and I'm good with that.

Bob
    03-13-19 12:29 PM
    Thanks for the advice. Going to fit the protector now.
    03-13-19 03:26 PM
    No. Never liked screen protectors and never will.
    03-13-19 03:48 PM
    I also have the supershieldz one and it's perfect. Best one I tried on the KE2.

If you don't put it you'll be sad the day your phone will knock the ground on the wrong face!
    03-14-19 12:45 PM
    Also using supershieldz, can't tell it's even there. Bought the 2 pack deal, first one lasted a few months before I dropped phone and cracked the protector. Saved my screen from damage though. Installed the 2nd one after that. Fits like a glove.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    03-14-19 09:40 PM
    I have one which is also a privacy screen.
    03-14-19 10:55 PM
    Put a Supershieldz on the day I got her. Wouldn't leave home without it.
    03-14-19 11:25 PM
    use both screen protector and case.
    03-15-19 12:33 AM
    I use the KeyOne leather pouch/pocket when it's raining to protect the screen and keyboard - had water damage to 2 units in the past, so extra careful this time
    03-15-19 05:39 AM
    I fitted the screen protector as I don't want to take any chances. Also have a case on it. Also ordered a holster to use on my days off as it would be awkward to use for work.
    03-15-19 06:14 AM
    Screen installation

Just thought I would post a tip given to me on how to best install a screen protector of any kind.

A friend who sold me a KEY2 which had a tempered glass screen protector on it was done perfectly and he preceded to tell me this.....

1- just before taking a steamy shower, bring you cleaned phone into the bathroom and leave it ready on the counter.

*** the steam in the room grabs all the dust particles and makes them drop from the air. Also the screen should have moisture on it. Take your time and allow steam to accumulate on the screen.
    Also your body and fingers will be free of oils, loose hair or dry skin.

2- after your steamy shower the air should be free of particles and your phone ready for clean installation free of any accidental trapped particles under the screen.

Hope this helps. I have not yet tried this but if I do a tempered glass screen I will.

Good luck folks
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 03-15-19 at 08:51 AM.
    03-15-19 06:44 AM
    I don't normally take my phone into the bathroom 😎
    03-15-19 08:26 AM
    I don't normally take my phone into the bathroom
    Ugh, that's so 20th century
    03-15-19 09:14 AM
    Just asking for advice as the screen is gorilla glass 3. I did purchase a Premium tempered glass protector but holding of on fitting it yet.
    Thanks
    I have used a glass protector for both the K1/2 and eventually had to remove due to the interference with the soft keys! For some reason it reduces the tactile effect and sometimes then hitting the soft keys DONT work so naked for now!
    03-15-19 09:30 AM
    I have used a glass protector for both the K1/2 and eventually had to remove due to the interference with the soft keys! For some reason it reduces the tactile effect and sometimes then hitting the soft keys DONT work so naked for now!
    The screen protector I have has a cut out type section that doesn't cover the 3 buttons.
    03-15-19 10:01 AM
    The screen protector I have has a cut out type section that doesn't cover the 3 buttons.
    At the time those werent avail only the full coverage type! At least on amazon.ca anyways!
    How do you find it?
    03-15-19 10:09 AM
    At the time those werent avail only the full coverage type! At least on amazon.ca anyways!
    How do you find it?
    I believe the ones that have the cut out around all 3 nav keys are only for the KEY2, they are not available for the KEYone or the LE.

The only decent glass protectors available for the LE are the supershieldz style ones, with triangle circle square shapes into it so requires precise fitting.
    I don't like this type of protector mostly because of the awful glare that comes with them, as well as them being fingerprint magnets.

The only other alternative I know of is from AtFolix in Germany (can be found on eBay).
    03-15-19 10:18 AM