Are we going to see KEY2 selling more phones than KEYone. My opinion is that we will see better KEY2 sales than KEYone. It does seem to me that KEY2 is being received even better than KEYone. I think this phone might make more BB10 users to finally jump the ship.
    06-26-18 11:04 AM
    I don't think so....

I think there was a lot of pent-up demand for the KEYone. There had not been a dedicated PKB phone in a number of years, and the Mercury had been a rumored device for a long time before it's release.

I think the KEYone meant the demand and that generally people don't change phones that often. Sure many fans here will own both or sell the one to get the other.... but don't see that being the norm. I think most will be just fine with the KEYone. Sure they might pickup some BB10 or BBOS holdout, and might attract a few more one time BlackBerry users back....

In the end the "key" will be Carrier's and Retail support... is that growing or not.
    Rowe6 and skinnymike1 like this.
    06-26-18 11:21 AM
    In the end the "key" will be Carrier's and Retail support... is that growing or not.
    Well then, we're doomed.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    06-26-18 11:35 AM
    Yes, because I'm buying one this time... so that makes one more sale xDDDDD

Posted with BlackBerry Passport SE via CB10
    06-26-18 11:39 AM
    I really really hope that it sells enough to break even and allow TCL to continue with the KEY line.
    Qorax, cckgz4 and Sigewif like this.
    06-26-18 12:05 PM
    BlackBerry Mobile has an uphill battle on its hands. Here in North America, the name "BlackBerry" is viewed as archaic. Perception weighs heavily in the mobile space and BlackBerry has been beaten down and out by mainstream media. It became chic to bash BlackBerry. They can't and won't rebound here any time soon. Persistent steady gains should be the goal. Globally, where the name still has some cache, they'll have an easier go of it.

If BlackBerry Mobile is indeed in it for the long haul then incremental progress has to be the goal. Unfortunately, reading the trend of mobile device sales I'd say the prospect of market penetration is unlikely. America has spoken. We don't want choice.

Will the Key² outsell the KEYᵒⁿᵉ? The BlackBerry fan in me hopes so but if I had to bet on it I'd say no.
    Last edited by j21jam6; 06-26-18 at 12:28 PM.
    phuoc and Qorax like this.
    06-26-18 12:12 PM
    Are we going to see KEY2 selling more phones than KEYone. My opinion is that we will see better KEY2 sales than KEYone. It does seem to me that KEY2 is being received even better than KEYone. I think this phone might make more BB10 users to finally jump the ship.
    It's really tough to see. I don't think there's much room for growth in the physical keyboard smartphone market. However, since the list price is higher than that of the KEYone, it's very possible that BlackBerry Mobile could see their sales numbers increase in terms of dollars. It will be interesting to see nonetheless. I wish them the best of luck.
    06-26-18 12:33 PM
    Same here. Hope so. don't think the new specs are going to sway anyone except for BlackBerry fans. it's sad to say it, but the brand image has been badly damaged. Hope they can bounce back.
    06-26-18 12:53 PM
    I really really hope that it sells enough to break even and allow TCL to continue with the KEY line.
    That's the thing, TCL might not expect the KEY2 on it's own to beat KEY1 sales. They just want sales, and maybe with the KEYone, Motion, KEYtwo and KEYtwo Lite combine.... hopefully that will be enough to keep TCL interested.

If the KEYtwo Lite might actually outsell the KEYtwo... in some markets.
    06-26-18 01:06 PM
    U won't see any difference and it doesn't matter. This is a niche device and always will be. It will never ever be a mass market device. That ship has sailed a long time ago. But I'm happy because as a nice group we stand out in the crowd of carbon copy phones. Every where I turn I see a iPhone. When people turn my way they see a beautiful unique keyone and next Friday they will see a beautiful and brand new key2 ;-)
    06-26-18 01:22 PM
    I hope there will be more sales, though I won't be one of them. I'm so happy with my KeyONE and with the promised update from Rogers with Oreo and WiFi calling, I should be able to hold out for another year. Of course, I said that with my PRIV and ended up buying the KeyONE on the Canadian release date.
    06-26-18 02:26 PM
    On a relative basis it doesn't compare (at all) to sales of S9 or IP8 for example, but from a reliable source I was told that sales of the KEYONE were the best of any BB phone sold previously on the wholesale level - recent years - not going back to Bold or Classic days . In fact the exact words were "record sales". Read into that as you choose - but depending on how high or low the bar has been set this can be viewed as encouraging for BB fans and for BBMO as they may in fact be hitting their modest sales goals. I expect that the K2 will be better yet. I have ads up to sell devices and have had very solid interest so far - more than K1 - even though the device won't likely come to resellers for at several weeks yet.
    06-26-18 02:37 PM
    In all logic , it really should. Yet the price tag might make it hard and not such an obvious move for a lot of K1 holders to switch so fast to a pretty similar device.
    06-26-18 02:48 PM
    In all logic , it really should. Yet the price tag might make it hard and not such an obvious move for a lot of K1 holders to switch so fast to a pretty similar device.
    This. The price is going to slow sales. Should have stayed at 549. Maybe on a profit basis they will do better with the key2 but 649 is a very tough sell in a highly competitive market.
    hjc73734 likes this.
    06-26-18 02:54 PM
    Yup. They worked out kinks. Made a better phone. Better distribution and promotion.
    06-26-18 03:04 PM
    I really really hope that it sells enough to break even and allow TCL to continue -with the KEY line- and bring back the slider, ala PRIV v2.
    There, fixed it
    the_boon likes this.
    06-26-18 03:26 PM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Yep... many did not jump on the KeyOne due to its poor pkb. Implementation and other limitations.. I think KeyTwo will be the best since bb9900...

Posted via CB10
    phuoc likes this.
    06-26-18 04:28 PM
    I think stocks will diminish pretty quickly as it appears from reviews to be a big improvement over the Keyone which after having a BlackBerry passport found it pretty hard to adapt, let's see what this phone brings, however reading some of the moans and groans from people who haven't even got hold or handled this phone is seriously distressing, there is no pleasing some people no matter what they are given!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-26-18 05:18 PM
    Feels like lots less interest in the UK for the Key2 than the KeyOne... naturally the BB hardcore like me are all over it but I cannot see anybody swapping their S9 or iPX for it
    06-26-18 05:25 PM
    I could go either way. On one hand, a lot of pent up demand was satisfied with KeyOne.

On another... I know 2 people that are considering getting one. Last year when I got my KeyOne I knew of ZERO people looking at one. So... are more people now aware of BlackBerry again?
    06-26-18 06:28 PM
    For me I think it will do very well. I have had a BB since the beginning and had to change over to android a few years back and have been waiting for for a keyboard just did not like the look on the key one. With the key2 and updated keyboard I am very impressed and other people I have been talking to are thinking the same. It's a different phone a new look and it means businesses.
    bitek likes this.
    06-26-18 07:47 PM
    Might do better in the long run considering it will probably snag a % of remaining BB10 users (like myself) who have still not upgraded. If a lot of us didn't do it for KeyOne, I bet some decent amount of us will now. Also, early reviews seem overwhelmingly positive like TCL really nailed it from specs to build quality, might also count towards uptick in sales.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-18 08:11 PM
    I'll be picking one up, just for the larger keys.
    06-26-18 09:50 PM
    I definitely think that it will outsell the k1. first off I don't remember any of the big reviewers, websites or tech magazines make as big a deal of it as they're making of the k2. if anything most made fun of the fact the the pkb is dead. now every one of those same sources seem excited about a rebirth of the keyboard.

I also think that those people who got it will be getting an updated version. furthermore I think those that were only curious about the k1 will give the k2 a try seeing that it has been updated and improved.

when a product is out for a while and subsequent versions are made, people are more likely to buy it do to perceived success of the product being continued and upgraded.
    06-26-18 10:38 PM
    I hope it does well so they eventually add a premium spec version in the future.
    06-26-18 11:14 PM
51 123