As the title . I was thinking of purchasing a keytwo from carphone warehouse and they only have the silver in stock so I would appreciate if anyone would be able to advise on this
    03-06-19 10:23 AM
    As the title . I was thinking of purchasing a keytwo from carphone warehouse and they only have the silver in stock so I would appreciate if anyone would be able to advise on this
    It's a mixed bag it would seem.

Although my Silver KEY² built Sep 28th is 100% perfect.
    03-06-19 10:28 AM
    I would try to get the key2 red edition since it's the latest build of all.
    03-06-19 10:30 AM
    Thanks for both the prompt replies. As for the red although it does look nice it's just not for me. I did ask the retailer if they could confirm the build date marked on the box but all they could confirm is that the silver editions were supplied to them at the end of 2018.
    03-06-19 10:34 AM
    Thanks for both the prompt replies. As for the red although it does look nice it's just not for me. I did ask the retailer if they could confirm the build date marked on the box but all they could confirm is that the silver editions were supplied to them at the end of 2018.
    I'm sure you could return it if you aren't satisfied.
    03-06-19 10:35 AM
    I'm sure you could return it if you aren't satisfied.
    Yes they did confirm a 14 day return policy if not satisfied with the device. Maybe I will take the chance.
    03-06-19 10:37 AM
    My Black KEY2 with an August 3 date of manufacture has a perfect space bar key... from all I've read here on CB the date of manufacture, Black or Silver, has no relevance to this issue.

Bob
    the_boon likes this.
    03-06-19 10:47 AM
    I have a device manufacturing date July 2018. silver edition, purchased from ideal home shopping. £399 no issue.
    03-06-19 10:52 AM
    Thanks again for the above replies. I will order online now and hopefully by the weekend be a happy keytwo owner and report back.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    03-06-19 10:59 AM
    Mine is a July build date K2 SE and no issues with space bar.
    03-06-19 11:39 AM
    Mine is a July build date K2 SE and no issues with space bar.
    Thanks. I've just pulled the trigger and ordered online. Also ordered a screen protector and case from amazon.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    03-06-19 12:01 PM
    If you're buying one outright, Ideal World were selling them for £400, that's were I got my Silver Key2 .
    03-06-19 01:08 PM
    If you're buying one outright, Ideal World were selling them for £400, that's were I got my Silver Key2 .
    Seen that last week and should have got it then. When I went back to the website it was back up to the full price. Are you happy with the phone?
    03-06-19 01:29 PM
    Yes it's great, no spacebar issues.
    03-06-19 01:31 PM
    That's where I got mine and they had it on four easy payments
    03-06-19 02:23 PM
    the date of manufacture, Black or Silver, has no relevance to this issue.
    ^ This.

However, while there were one or two reports of a "wobbly" or "loose" spacebar in a december/january built unit, there were far more reports for earlier ones back in June/July.

Either way, CPW should have a solid return policy should the spacebar not be to your liking when you open the box.

Hopefully it'll be rock solid!
    03-06-19 08:22 PM
    lucked out with my pre-order key2, no issues
    the_boon likes this.
    03-07-19 03:03 AM
    My order had been cancelled by an internal 'glitch' @carphone warehouse and I wasn't made aware of it until I contacted them reference delivery. couldn't reorder today using the same debit card, sod that I have now ordered the keytwo in black from another retailer and reckon I probably won't have it until next Monday /Tuesday. Was really looking forward to setting this up over the weekend 😠
    03-07-19 11:35 AM
    Yeah I'm on my third Key2 as of this week - I had a Silver Key2 within a week of release and had the space bar issue, had a Black Key2 around six months ago with same issue - now got another Black Key2 from BBMo directly (I had the LE but needed more RAM and sharper camera) and keyboard feels a lot better so hoping I don't have an issue with this one, third time lucky... it definitely has something to with build date IMO
    03-10-19 02:07 PM
    My order had been cancelled by an internal 'glitch' @carphone warehouse and I wasn't made aware of it until I contacted them reference delivery. couldn't reorder today using the same debit card, sod that I have now ordered the keytwo in black from another retailer and reckon I probably won't have it until next Monday /Tuesday. Was really looking forward to setting this up over the weekend 😠
    Yeah Carphone Warehouse are pretty pants in the UK to be honest - when I got my KeyOne 2 years ago from them they said exact same thing and suggested I go for an iPhone/Samsung instead (!) I was like no way!
    03-10-19 02:09 PM
    Yeah Carphone Warehouse are pretty pants in the UK to be honest - when I got my KeyOne 2 years ago from them they said exact same thing and suggested I go for an iPhone/Samsung instead (!) I was like no way!
    TBH this is the only time I have had a issue /problem ordering from them as I have got my last number of phones and family members phones via them. I could have waited another day and ordered another using the same card but just couldn't wait any longer incase it happened again. :-)

Posted via my Awesome passport
    03-10-19 03:05 PM
    Yeah I'm on my third Key2 as of this week - I had a Silver Key2 within a week of release and had the space bar issue, had a Black Key2 around six months ago with same issue - now got another Black Key2 from BBMo directly (I had the LE but needed more RAM and sharper camera) and keyboard feels a lot better so hoping I don't have an issue with this one, third time lucky... it definitely has something to with build date IMO
    Sorry to hear this but glad you now have a good one at last. Certainly hope I don't have the same issue. Good luck.

Posted via my Awesome passport
    03-10-19 03:08 PM
    I gave up trying to find build dates that are guaranteed to be free from the issue.

But I'm curious, what's your current KEY2's build date? Does the spacebar feel like the other keys? Does it sound like the other keys?
    03-10-19 10:20 PM
    Got my keytwo today and have been setting it up. so far so good no wobbly space bar. it's 11:45 pm so I've had enough and will finish it tomorrow :-)
    the_boon likes this.
    03-11-19 06:46 PM
    Got my keytwo today and have been setting it up. so far so good no wobbly space bar. it's 11:45 pm so I've had enough and will finish it tomorrow :-)
    Build date?
    03-11-19 07:03 PM
27 12