I have answered a phone call few days ago under rain. It was not pouring, but the phone was slightly got wet over the top portion of it during that couple minutes of usage.

So I wiped water off from the key2 when I got into my car, and just put the phone back to my jacket pocket. And ever since then, I hear the distorted sounds from ear speaker during phone call. Everything else is good, but the phone call is now hard to understand with so much distortion.

I have been using bluetooth earphone or speakerphone as a work around for past 5 days waiting for the speaker to come back over time. But it seems that the speaker is probably damaged permanently....

I forgot that this one is not water resistant like almost all other phones for past couple years... but I still wouldn't expect the phone to be broken with that couple minutes of usage under very light rain.

Is there any easy fix? Or tcl would repair it under the warranty? If not, how much and how long would it take to send it back for repair?

Sigh... key1 was a complete joke to be called as a business phone in every aspects. And I thought key2 was almost perfect except for that terrible camera. Now I see this 'not being water resistant at year 2018' becomes another big drawback..

Key2 will be my last blackberry phone for sure if key3 doesn't come up with at least galaxy s8 quality camera or some level of water resistant. I have used more than 20 blackberry phones since 2001 or 2002 starting with pearl. I really wish my royalty and love for this pkb doesn't end this year.
    10-28-18 09:47 PM
    Just get an iPhone XR....don't get stuck in the blackberry nostalgia anymore...blackberry is officially done after they abandoned bb10
    10-28-18 10:30 PM
    Pretty bad I agree. Some level of water resistance is not even debatable for the KEY3. Nothing you can do now but get in touch with support, be honest and see what they do for you. It won’t be covered for sure but what matters is for you to get back a functioning phone.
    10-29-18 12:32 AM
    I have answered a phone call few days ago under rain. It was not pouring, but the phone was slightly got wet over the top portion of it during that couple minutes of usage.

So I wiped water off from the key2 when I got into my car, and just put the phone back to my jacket pocket. And ever since then, I hear the distorted sounds from ear speaker during phone call. Everything else is good, but the phone call is now hard to understand with so much distortion.

I have been using bluetooth earphone or speakerphone as a work around for past 5 days waiting for the speaker to come back over time. But it seems that the speaker is probably damaged permanently....

I forgot that this one is not water resistant like almost all other phones for past couple years... but I still wouldn't expect the phone to be broken with that couple minutes of usage under very light rain.

Is there any easy fix? Or tcl would repair it under the warranty? If not, how much and how long would it take to send it back for repair?

Sigh... key1 was a complete joke to be called as a business phone in every aspects. And I thought key2 was almost perfect except for that terrible camera. Now I see this 'not being water resistant at year 2018' becomes another big drawback..

Key2 will be my last blackberry phone for sure if key3 doesn't come up with at least galaxy s8 quality camera or some level of water resistant. I have used more than 20 blackberry phones since 2001 or 2002 starting with pearl. I really wish my royalty and love for this pkb doesn't end this year.
    Try to reach out to BlackBerry Mobile in your area/region and see what they can do. Light rain should not permanently damage the earpiece speaker I believe.

As for having an IP rated KEY3, it's very possible, I have a dedicated thread that explains here:

/blackberry-keyone-f445/why-pkb-can-have-ip-rating-1142880/

Just get an iPhone XR....don't get stuck in the blackberry nostalgia anymore...blackberry is officially done after they abandoned bb10
    No, just no. Troll somewhere else
    Crusader03 likes this.
    10-29-18 04:57 AM
    I'd rather get note 9 if this one costs a lot to repair instead of getting iPhone.

Somehow, iPhone is not my thing... I have used iphone 3 and 4, and I have no regret of leaving it.

I always jumps around between note series and blackberry. One for the performance and one for the keyboard. (tried s8+ and big screen phone without pen didn't give me good enough using experience. )
    10-29-18 08:05 AM
    [QUOTE=the_boon;13301855]Try to reach out to BlackBerry Mobile in your area/region and see what they can do. Light rain should not permanently damage the earpiece speaker I believe.

As for having an IP rated KEY3, it's very possible, I have a dedicated thread that explains here:

I will try to reach out them to see how they would want to handle this. And making this phone water resistant and giving this phone better than averaged camera has always been my possible... TCL (or blackberry) did not want to spend money for that sections since there are so many BlackBerry fans who are going to blindly defend them no matter what they do.

I am very loyal to this brand or nostalgic to this, but not gonna throw my hard earned cash continuously when the things that I have to give up for pkb becomes this obvious and apparent.
    10-29-18 08:11 AM
    [QUOTE=destiny.seeker;13301901]
    Try to reach out to BlackBerry Mobile in your area/region and see what they can do. Light rain should not permanently damage the earpiece speaker I believe.

I will try to reach out them to see how they would want to handle this. And making this phone water resistant and giving this phone better than averaged camera has always been my possible... TCL (or blackberry) did not want to spend money for that sections since there are so many BlackBerry fans who are going to blindly defend them no matter what they do.

I am very loyal to this brand or nostalgic to this, but not gonna throw my hard earned cash continuously when the things that I have to give up for pkb becomes this obvious and apparent.
    I understand, but at the end of the day, typing on glass still sucks and I want to avoid it for as long as possible.

I'm sure if there were other brands making PKB's it would have made it much easier for deceived fans like yourself to leave... but that's just not the case. It's BBMo or nothing (unless you count those Samsung keyboard covers but that would require going back to an S8 and they're half a**ed products)

While PKB is no excuse to botch up everything else about a phone, it's a very valuable and precious feature for a small portion of the market. Up to each individual to see what they're ready to give up for it I guess.

However, the KEY2 can do mostly everything the slabs can do (aside from being dipped in water), even if it won't do those things nearly as well as the slabs will (examples: media consumption and low light photography/video).
    However, no slab can offer what the KEY2 can offer, no matter how fancy the glass is.
    AmritD likes this.
    10-29-18 08:31 AM

There is something you can try.
    Submerge the phone in a bag of rice for as long as possible (ideally 48 hours)
    But since it's your daily driver, repeat thus process for a couple of nights.
    Rice helps in absorbing the moisture.
    Report back if things improve.
    10-29-18 08:43 AM
    my Keyone's ear speaker completely died today in rain. smh.
    Will try the rice trick with little hope
    11-21-18 08:00 PM
    try cleaning out the headphone jack. sometimes when dirt or water get into it it will stop the speaker from working maybe thats why it's clipping on and off.
    11-21-18 10:58 PM
    Go to iMore already instead of telling us what to do.
    the_boon likes this.
    11-22-18 12:10 PM
    Must've been an important phone call.
    11-22-18 01:08 PM
    So glad I've never owned one. Did have an itouch ipod once. I felt less masculine that year.
    11-22-18 01:10 PM
    BlackBerry was done after BBOS if being technical. BBAndroid should have followed BBOS and instead we got the BB10 fail.

I’m dual carrying XR with a KEYone and the KEYx series are fine trade off for VKB to PKB for me.
    11-22-18 01:22 PM
    Must've been an important phone call.
    Evidently... I'm smart enough to come inside when it's raining. Better yet... not to talk on my phone when it's raining outside.

Bob
    gloommerchant likes this.
    11-22-18 01:36 PM
    Go to iMore already instead of telling us what to do.
    Relax, iMore doesn’t have the variety in opinions...
    11-22-18 01:38 PM
    btw my ear speaker came back on its own after a day
    11-24-18 12:16 AM