Finally got my hands on Key2!

Anyone encounter these 2 issues:

1) Default Display able to have 4 rows of icon. When you Display to Large, you get 3 rows of icon. Now, when I set back to Default, I got back only 3 rows but it's space out. Any idea how to get back the Default 4 rows icon display?

2) battery life is so good! But at 20% I tried to charge using my power bank n it doesn't seem to charge n continue to discharge to 19% downwards. The power bank is working fine with my other devices. Switching between Charge Only and Boost Mode doesn't works.

Any comment?

Cheers!
    12-16-18 09:59 PM
    1) So you regained the space by switching back to default, can't you just manually move the icons back to where they were?
    12-16-18 10:47 PM
    1) Default can fit 4 rows x 5 icons each. Large fits 3 rows cos icon are bigger. Switch back to Default, the icons got back to Default size but I only got back 3 rows instead of 4 rows.
    12-17-18 01:56 AM
    Have you tried the Launcher settings?
    On the Home screen, find a vacant place and touch+hold the screen to reveal options for the Launcher, and choose Settings. Then look for Icon layout. You should be able change the number of icons from there.
    leslielim02 likes this.
    12-17-18 04:23 AM
    When you changed the display to 3x3 the icons no longer fit so they were moved to another page automatically.

When you changed it back to 5x5 the icons still fit so the Launcher doesn't know that you want all the icons to move back to their original locations.

You have to move them back manually.
    12-17-18 04:42 AM
    For the powerbank have you checked the output is sufficient to charge the Key²? I Find many chargers don't work. The cable could also be a problem.
    12-17-18 03:51 PM
    When you changed the display to 3x3 the icons no longer fit so they were moved to another page automatically.

When you changed it back to 5x5 the icons still fit so the Launcher doesn't know that you want all the icons to move back to their original locations.

You have to move them back manually.
    This
    12-17-18 04:06 PM
    Thank you so much! Wasn't aware of the setting here. I was only looking at the main Setting options!

Back to 5x4! 😁
    12-17-18 08:10 PM
    Have you tried the Launcher settings?
    On the Home screen, find a vacant place and touch+hold the screen to reveal options for the Launcher, and choose Settings. Then look for Icon layout. You should be able change the number of icons from there. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...87678e2ba9.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...94eab23dba.jpg
    Thank you so much! Wasn't aware of the setting here. I was only looking at the main Setting options!

Back to 5x4! 😁
    12-17-18 08:11 PM
    For the powerbank have you checked the output is sufficient to charge the Key²? I Find many chargers don't work. The cable could also be a problem.
    For this I definitely didn't check the output as I thought our Key2 is "normal". Now I know the Key2 is a power machine that needs more!

What's the min output needed for the powerbank?
    12-17-18 08:14 PM

Back to 5x4!
    No worries. Also, if you change the Display and Font size, you can get more or less icons available as well.
    12-17-18 08:34 PM
    For this I definitely didn't check the output as I thought our Key2 is "normal". Now I know the Key2 is a power machine that needs more!

What's the min output needed for the powerbank?
    Think the powerbank is OK. Found out it was the cable. Those cables that comes with the powerbank can't charge. Gotta use with the BlackBerry provided ones.
    12-17-18 08:55 PM
    No worries. Also, if you change the Display and Font size, you can get more or less icons available as well.
    Yeah. Playing with the settings now to find a fit!
    12-17-18 08:56 PM
    Agreed...with the usb C charger port, power banks output is too low. Also with usb c charging, high capacity cab les work better. You have to make sure your power bank has a high output feature.
    12-18-18 01:56 AM
    There are different grades of Type C cables and many of them appear to not work on the Key2. Try and get a good one as a backup. The one that comes with it will obviously work and I have also tried the Google Pixel one and that is fine too.
    12-18-18 02:42 PM