Received my Key2 (unlocked) via Amazon Prime and was a little put off by the light weight (does this connote less solid construction?) and the action of the keys (close to, but not as good as, my Classic). The showstopper was the sim card slot, which refused to open.

I only considered this transition b/c I read on this forum that Verizon would no longer support BB after October. Hopefully this post was wrong or I simply misunderstood. [Can anyone provide updates?]

My Classic is the phone I never want to leave; I'm not a gamer and its mediocre camera is not a big deal. My hope is that Verizon will support those of us who bought in years ago, will still be supported.
    10-10-18 09:33 PM
    A lot of us had the SIM door stiffness issue first time. This is apparently the new norm.
    10-10-18 10:38 PM
    A lot of us had the SIM door stiffness issue first time. This is apparently the new norm.
    This was me back in July. It took me a while to get through the frustration and finally learn to push the tool (or a paperclip) all the way in - I believe there's a button-like surface at the very back of the tray.

It was counter-intuitive for me: you push in hard for the tray to pop back out.
    10-11-18 06:41 AM
    Received my Key2 (unlocked) via Amazon Prime and was a little put off by the light weight (does this connote less solid construction?) and the action of the keys (close to, but not as good as, my Classic). The showstopper was the sim card slot, which refused to open.

I only considered this transition b/c I read on this forum that Verizon would no longer support BB after October. Hopefully this post was wrong or I simply misunderstood. [Can anyone provide updates?]

My Classic is the phone I never want to leave; I'm not a gamer and its mediocre camera is not a big deal. My hope is that Verizon will support those of us who bought in years ago, will still be supported.
    Like others have stated, push the pin with the necessary force until the sim tray starts to pop out. Then gently start pulling out until completely removed. Different devices will have different tolerances with these things.

As for the weight of the device being a "con", I think that's somewhat subjective. The KEYone is the heaviest of the three devices at 180g, the KEY2 is 12g lighter at 168g and the LE (which I'm typing this on now) is 156g, therefore the lightest of them.
    And honestly, I prefer this lightweight device to the heavy clunkier KEYone (in comparison).

Less weight means the device hits the ground with lesser force if dropped, and also makes for more effortless typing and it's really enjoyable to me.
    10-11-18 07:30 AM
    What would it even mean that Verizon won't support it? What level of support would you need? You would be using standard protocols. It's not like browsing, mail, or text will suddenly stop working.

I used to routinely put my SIM card in odd phones. Firefox OS, old Palm Pres, a Nokia 808 running Symbian. All of the core stuff would keep on trucking as long as I had the right APN values, etc.

That said, I'd stick with the Key2. It's the best alternative I've found to the Passport I loved but that started giving me more problems than I felt like dealing with.

Probably everyone here misses the way things were. Time marches on, though.
    10-11-18 07:35 AM
    the microphone/speakerphone is killing me
    10-12-18 07:47 AM