And of course they stone walled them and told them it could not share any information.

Ridiculous.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...do-you-get-it/
    Searchy likes this.
    01-18-19 10:35 AM
    Why do you say TCL? It doesn't even mention TCL?
    01-18-19 11:09 AM
    Yeah not sure who they asked... BlackBerry Ltd. or BBMo.

BlackBerry can't comment on when or if a licensee will update a phone. And BBMo... it's not worth having the timeline listed, they'll be last. Granted that is due to having to their special security stuff, but it still look bad on a comparison list. No comment is a better answer.

Also wouldn't count on the Motion getting PIE. I expect that's only the KEY2 and KEY2 LE, and sometime this summer.
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-18-19 11:19 AM
    And of course they stone walled them and told them it could not share any information.

Ridiculous.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...do-you-get-it/
    What's ridiculous?

BlackBerry Mobile already committed to Pie on the KEY² and KEY² LE.

Should they provide a date, so everyone can get mad if it changes?
    01-18-19 01:23 PM
    What's ridiculous?

Lol exactly
    01-18-19 01:27 PM
    What's ridiculous?

Yeah, I remember that from the old Moto Android days: everyone was mad at Moto for not specify a date, they succumbed every time and they also missed their deadline every time, so people would get even angrier! So TCL might as well keep their trap shut until they're certain that they will actually have a date they can guarantee 100%.
    01-18-19 01:53 PM
    The article says that Motion is "expected" to get it, but I don't think that's confirmed?
    01-18-19 10:44 PM
    The article says that Motion is "expected" to get it, but I don't think that's confirmed?
    Not at all. Motion was only guaranteed to get Oreo.
    01-18-19 11:07 PM
    01-19-19 02:29 AM
    Yeah, I remember that from the old Moto Android days: everyone was mad at Moto for not specify a date, they succumbed every time and they also missed their deadline every time, so people would get even angrier! So TCL might as well keep their trap shut until they're certain that they will actually have a date they can guarantee 100%.
    That would be a month or so after the Betas start getting tested...

Many OEMs fail to meet the dates of their planned releases for updates... or they release an update and then they pull it.

But the thing with PIE, is more phones have it at this point thanks to both Project Treble and the Android One program. And most all OEMs have made it clear which devices will get it - thus which ones won't. Many assume that the KEYone and Motion won't... but we don't really know that for sure. I expect many are holding out some hope.

And most OEM have already updated some devices, or at least have devices in beta testing. Heck even BLU has an Android PIE beta. And the other OEM that does most all the security stuff to Android that BlackBerry does... Samsung, has had a beta for a few devices for months now.

Maybe an exact date is asking too much... but it would be nice to know if it's going to be 2nd or 3rd Quarter of the year, and if the older phones will get it too.

Communications....
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-21-19 09:07 AM