Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    You can remap the currency key to act as the Ctrl key. However, it would be way more convenient if I could have the Ctrl key on the left, like on a typical laptop. I never use speech input, so it would be ace if I could remap that key to act as the Ctrl key. I already tried Buttons Remapper, but there's not Ctrl in the actions list. How do I achieve my goal?
    07-28-18 03:06 PM
    Other than the Currency Key, currently there is no way to remap any other button as CTRL!

Definitely furtrating; like you I would much rather having my CTRL key on the left side of the keyboard.

Definitely frustrating and one advantage the KEYᵒⁿᵉ currently have over the KEY².
    @LiamQ if you can please forward this to the powers that be.
    Vistaus likes this.
    07-28-18 05:20 PM
    Other than the Currency Key, currently there is no way to remap any other button as CTRL!

Definitely furtrating; like you I would much rather having my CTRL key on the left side of the keyboard.

Definitely frustrating and one advantage the KEYᵒⁿᵉ currently have over the KEY².
    @LiamQ if you can please forward this to the powers that be.
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one! And thanks for mentioning Liam, let's hope BlackBerry listens
    07-29-18 03:35 AM
    to me, this is one of the most frustrating things when i use the key2...
    the speed key could be used as a CTRL key also... or even the currency key: short press would render a €/$, and long press could be used as CTRL.
    07-29-18 09:09 AM
    to me, this is one of the most frustrating things when i use the key2...
    the speed key could be used as a CTRL key also... or even the currency key: short press would render a €/$, and long press could be used as CTRL.
    Yes. There are many missed opportunities here.
    07-29-18 10:24 AM
    please how can you remap currency key to act as ctrl?
    08-03-18 12:47 PM
    please how can you remap currency key to act as ctrl?
    Settings ->shortcuts and gestures
    08-03-18 02:14 PM
    Agreed, need a long press on $ key to act as a control key also! Come on BlackBerry, we know you can do it! Looking forward to an update correction! Cheers,
    08-03-18 02:29 PM
    Settings ->shortcuts and gestures
    Aah, thank you. I was looking in keyboard/language menu and hoping that I will not have to return it
    08-03-18 02:59 PM
    I hate that we can't have a separate ctrl key as well as the currency key acting as a notification pull down.
    Really hope BlackBerry comes up with some sort of solution to it.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    08-03-18 03:02 PM
    I hate that we can't have a separate ctrl key as well as the currency key acting as a notification pull down.

I used buttonmapper to make long press of sym key to pull down th notification shade. Short press is mapped to back, whixh gets rid of it
    08-04-18 01:36 PM
    I used buttonmapper to make long press of sym key to pull down th notification shade. Short press is mapped to back, whixh gets rid of it
    I am not very comfortable with the permissions the app requires

08-04-18 02:31 PM
    I am not very comfortable with the permissions the app requires

I am with you! Specifically the ones that require Accessibility Services which at least on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ significantly affected device performance.
    08-04-18 05:13 PM
    I am with you! Specifically the ones that require Accessibility Services which at least on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ significantly affected device performance.
    I didn't know about performance issues.
    But the permission for accessibility services really makes me uncomfortable.

08-05-18 02:56 PM
    I didn't know about performance issues.
    But the permission for accessibility services really makes me uncomfortable.

Yup! "Performance Issues" with accessibility services are widely reported; you can read more about it in the link below.

The reason I put "Performance Issues" in quotes is because this is actually an Android feature, rather than what many people used to think, a bug.

/blackberry-mobile-support-f468/device-lag-lets-explore-1141374/
    08-05-18 03:01 PM
    I emailed the developer of ButtonMapper to toggle notifitcations on & off just like the flashlight in the app. He said it should be do-able. I 'll wait & see whenever the app gets updated.
    08-09-18 12:52 PM
    I emailed the developer of ButtonMapper to toggle notifitcations on & off just like the flashlight in the app. He said it should be do-able. I 'll wait & see whenever the app gets updated.
    ButtonMapper and the likes require Accessibility Service which in some cases cause device lag, by design as an Android feature.

Tread carefully is my advice.
    08-09-18 01:58 PM
    This is a major issue for me as BB Key2 user that writes with Cyrillic alphabet - the "$" is actually typing the letter "ъ" in my language(Bulgarian). So now I have no choice - either I can type in Cyrillic or I can use a Ctrl key...Add to that the stubbornness of BB to even implement Bulgarian keyborad layout on PKB(there is a SwKB one), so that I am forced to type with Russian PKB layout...that is not how you develop markets.
    Last edited by zlatko23; 10-25-18 at 01:32 AM. Reason: typo
    10-25-18 01:31 AM
    fully remapped keyboard should be a feature on this device and the le version.
    10-25-18 09:15 AM

I solved these by :
    An app called notification drawer, then you can assign any key you wish to pull down the notification tray.

For the currency I used the predictions of the keyboard to change the wording of the currency to the symbol , pe I type euro and it writes €
    10-25-18 02:36 PM
    @BlackBerry Mobile @BlackberrySupportTeam @LiamQ

Please review this thread! We want our CTRL key back on the left hand side of the keyboard!

Given shift can be invoked with a long press of any key I feel that this is a smaller sacrifice than giving up the currency key or any of its currently supported features.
    01-09-19 09:19 PM