agreed the keyone has the worst antenna reception of any blackberry I've owned. it doesn't work when I'm lying down either
    05-27-18 11:48 AM
    They did. They improved it in KEY2.
    05-27-18 11:51 AM
    dropped calls? problem with phone? Well I never have had a problem with dropped calls, even in dodgy reception area. I can get connection even when others can't, so not sure why others have a problem. could just be the network?
    TCM01 likes this.
    05-27-18 12:03 PM
    Had the original K1 when it first came out and that was the most notable flaw was the reception. coming from a PPSE the difference was huge! Talked to BBM support and they immediately acknowledged the issue (as I was talking to them on the K1) and they sent a replacement out. same problem.
    Went to a K1 BE when it was released and unfortunately, the same problem. so as far as TCL learning anything from there past issues I'm less then hopefull... but if they can fix the antenna problem I'm in, otherwise I stick with what has been the best phone capability since the Bold with the always on signal PPSE. The down side there is the ever decreasing reliability of the out of date OS. Anyway, hopeful for a rendition of the days of uncompromising hardware in a device on this new release. We shall see...
    05-27-18 12:14 PM
    Antenna is Garbage on KeyOne as well as the speaker phone. also the BB software updates where annoying constantly changing causing weird contact issues. Those are the two main reasons why I put it down and picked up the note 8. I'M BB at heart but the impeccable note 8 is going to be hard to top. plus I wonder how the build quality will be LMFAO 2 keyones I had both screens fell off without dropping.
    You can’t begin to compare two devices. The KEYone is 1/2 the price and includes the extra manufacturing cost of the PKB design form and materials.

While the KEYone has signal issues similar to my PRIV ( I own both), I wouldn’t compare the KEYone to any Flagship because it was sold clearly as mid tier.

A Ford, regardless of trim level, is never a Lincoln.
    05-27-18 12:35 PM
    You're all just holding it wrong.
    05-27-18 01:46 PM
    Thanks, that's good to know.
    05-27-18 02:00 PM
    I couldn't agree more with the OP. I had the same issue and AT&Ts lack of activating WIFI calling made it impossible for me to continue to use the KEYone. I would hope with them knowing call quality and signal quality was a major issue with the 1 (and YES it was a major issue for those of you who blindly say it wasn't) that they would have addressed it. If the antenna has been upgraded I will be a day one buyer. If not, no thanks.

I'm using KeyOne Black Edition (PRD-63116-042 running AAV119) on AT&T in the US.

I'm sorry you and others are having a bad experience with your device and I do not doubt it's happening.

While I'm lucky to have not experienced those symptoms, there seems to be some type of compatibility issue with the BlackBerry hardware / software combination and AT&T's provisioning. Whoever's fault it is (AT&T, BlackBerry, BBMo, TCL) I'm also disappointed in the lack of LTE-A support, WiFi calling and HD Voice.
    05-27-18 02:29 PM
    Hopefully, with better insulation at bottom (not require case), with para... tested in the high speed elevator in shanghai please. (since they got shop in shanghai, I assume some real world test can be conducted in elevator, tunnels, bridges, underground parking lot, and downtown where are many high rises, similar to NYC) .

Posted via CB10
    05-27-18 02:34 PM
    dropped calls? problem with phone? Well I never have had a problem with dropped calls, even in dodgy reception area. I can get connection even when others can't, so not sure why others have a problem. could just be the network?
    I think too many people have experienced this for it to be a "it's your network" issue.

Plus blaize just shed some light on what we can expect for the keytwo so I'm happy.
    05-27-18 03:54 PM
    Excellent!
    05-27-18 03:54 PM
    By the way the lack of you disputing the capacitive buttons means it's still there. Sadly........
    05-27-18 04:19 PM
    By the way the lack of you disputing the capacitive buttons means it's still there. Sadly........
    Well, that I just find amusing. It's like people forgot how the Motion looks.

Did they upgrade the antenna?-bbmotion-box_0.jpg
    Did they upgrade the antenna?-motion-bottom-buttons_0.jpg

Seems to me they could implement the same sort of design.
    05-27-18 04:36 PM
    Well, that I just find amusing. It's like people forgot how the Motion looks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBMotion-Box_0.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	560.8 KB 
ID:	436493
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Motion-Bottom-Buttons_0.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	403.8 KB 
ID:	436494
    I've never seen a motion in real life but I think the capacitive buttons are there on either side of the home/thumbprint sensor button which I think it's lame and gives the phone a huge chin.
    05-27-18 04:42 PM
    I've never seen a motion in real life but I think the capacitive buttons are there on either side of the home/thumbprint sensor button which I think it's lame and gives the phone a huge chin.
    But you ignored the photos. On KEYone, they're technically 'always present' due to the fact they are outlined in white. On Motion, they're clear and not visible unless your screen is active. Plain and simple logic, along with the differences between the renders and leaked images, says they likely went with the Motion style vs. leaving them the same style as the KEYone.

Did they upgrade the antenna?-dwqjtvkx0aicja0.jpg

Doesn't require inside knowledge to come to that conclusion, it's all right there in front of people lol. I guess some folks were too hung up on 'there' or 'not there' to see there's an in-between option that can be used as well?
    05-27-18 04:43 PM
    I'm using KeyOne Black Edition (PRD-63116-042 running AAV119) on AT&T in the US.

I'm sorry you and others are having a bad experience with your device and I do not doubt it's happening.

While I'm lucky to have not experienced those symptoms, there seems to be some type of compatibility issue with the BlackBerry hardware / software combination and AT&T's provisioning. Whoever's fault it is (AT&T, BlackBerry, BBMo, TCL) I'm also disappointed in the lack of LTE-A support, WiFi calling and HD Voice.
    The problem is simple. Other than Apple/IOS devices, AT&T doesn't support enhanced calling features on non-carrier devices.

However, AT&T doesn't support their own branded KEYone either and offer no explanation or apologies.
    05-27-18 07:02 PM
    Elaborate please
    05-27-18 07:41 PM
    Elaborate please
    It's twice as good as the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

See what I did there?
    05-27-18 07:47 PM
    The problem is simple. Other than Apple/IOS devices, AT&T doesn't support enhanced calling features on non-carrier devices.

However, AT&T doesn't support their own branded KEYone either and offer no explanation or apologies.
    Can confirm that. I own an AT&T branded K1
    05-27-18 07:47 PM
    It's twice as good as the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

See what I did there?
    So double the reception problems?
    gizmo21 likes this.
    05-27-18 07:48 PM
    Elaborate please
    Compare the FCC reports from KEYone with their testing to KEY2 reports, and you can see improvements in the signal levels in their testing which would imply a change in the layout of the internal antennas. By no means a perfect science, but I'm sure in time it'll prove accurate enough to say there is an improvement.
    05-27-18 09:09 PM
    Compare the FCC reports from KEYone with their testing to KEY2 reports, and you can see improvements in the signal levels in their testing which would imply a change in the layout of the internal antennas. By no means a perfect science, but I'm sure in time it'll prove accurate enough to say there is an improvement.
    I like the deduction. Does sound like a step in the right direction.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-28-18 11:12 AM
    if the antennae reception is not improved, the value case for the case plummets for me. it's the single weakest feature of the ketone, and uncharacteristic of a blackberry that used to have a competitive edge in that arena. here's hoping for the best.
    05-28-18 11:34 AM
    I've never had a problem with signal strength with my Silver KEYᵒⁿᵉ except when I lean back in my leather chair with the phone at my ear. I think the leather absorbs all the signal.

I have been rocking a Seidio Surface Case since I received the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Unboxed the phone and put it right in the case.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-28-18 12:56 PM
    Good to know. I haven't noticed any problem with this but welcome any and all improvements.
    05-28-18 01:59 PM
56 123