I needed to return my K1 because I was losing so many calls. In the car, in the house and in the office.

It was not the case or lack thereof. I typically leave the phone on the car seat or my desk and use speaker or Bluetooth. I still got drops even when I didn't move.

For me. This is the single biggest Issue. What did they do?
    jfalkingham likes this.
    05-26-18 07:30 AM
    I agree (this plus the speaker are my two primary complaints about the K1). I'm very interested to know more. Anyone?
    jfalkingham and farmwersteve like this.
    05-26-18 09:34 AM
    Antenna is one of the worst I've had on a BlackBerry. Hope it gets better with the Key2.
    jfalkingham likes this.
    05-26-18 09:43 AM
    Antenna is one of the worst I've had on a BlackBerry. Hope it gets better with the Key2.
    Thurask?
    05-26-18 12:06 PM
    Thurask?
    Well, not like it could be any worse, but network strength is a real-world thing. Wait for user experiences to come out.
    jfalkingham and stlabrat like this.
    05-26-18 12:20 PM
    That sounds scarily like a no.
    05-26-18 12:22 PM
    That sounds scarily like a no.
    Less "no it won't" and more "I have no idea".
    05-26-18 12:23 PM
    Fair enough
    05-26-18 12:24 PM
    Seeing as how the terrible Key1 antenna is a widely known fact, I believe that it's something that will be addressed.
    05-26-18 12:50 PM
    I've heard quite a bit about the bad guy antenna on the keyone yet I've yet to experience it . I've owned mine for about a yr on Telus in coquitlam BC and really no different to the priv witch I thought was good
    TCM01 likes this.
    05-26-18 03:24 PM
    Antenna is Garbage on KeyOne as well as the speaker phone. also the BB software updates where annoying constantly changing causing weird contact issues. Those are the two main reasons why I put it down and picked up the note 8. I'M BB at heart but the impeccable note 8 is going to be hard to top. plus I wonder how the build quality will be LMFAO 2 keyones I had both screens fell off without dropping.
    jfalkingham likes this.
    05-26-18 05:02 PM
    I couldn't agree more with the OP. I had the same issue and AT&Ts lack of activating WIFI calling made it impossible for me to continue to use the KEYone. I would hope with them knowing call quality and signal quality was a major issue with the 1 (and YES it was a major issue for those of you who blindly say it wasn't) that they would have addressed it. If the antenna has been upgraded I will be a day one buyer. If not, no thanks.

I needed to return my K1 because I was losing so many calls. In the car, in the house and in the office.

It was not the case or lack thereof. I typically leave the phone on the car seat or my desk and use speaker or Bluetooth. I still got drops even when I didn't move.

jfalkingham and Flatman like this.
    05-26-18 08:49 PM

Sorry to hear about your problem. I am using the KeyOne black edition . Did'nt experience anything like this. I am living in Dubai and Etisalat is my service provider. @thurask please advise if it has something to do with the network.
    TCM01 likes this.
    05-27-18 02:21 AM
    First 10 minutes with my K1 last May, dropped a call . I blew it off as if it was on the other end of the call, only to find out I dropped calls all the time with the K1.
    05-27-18 07:06 AM
    after owning the passport and Dtek60, when going to the key1, my reception was the worst I've seen on a BB for ever.

the real world stuff is that I would get kicked to H+ when I used to always be on full LTE
    05-27-18 07:15 AM
    I have never had an issue with reception on my KEYone. The only dropped calls I have are in notorious bad reception areas where I travel.
    05-27-18 08:17 AM
    Sorry to hear about your problem. I am using the KeyOne black edition . Did'nt experience anything like this. I am living in Dubai and Etisalat is my service provider. @thurask please advise if it has something to do with the network.
    It's a combination of network and hardware, but if one of them is bad then it tends to exacerbate the other. That the KEYone has the same problem the iPhone 4 had except 7 years later means TCL better learn from their mistakes, since they don't appear to learn from others'.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    05-27-18 08:55 AM
    I've heard quite a bit about the bad guy antenna on the keyone yet I've yet to experience it . I've owned mine for about a yr on Telus in coquitlam BC and really no different to the priv witch I thought was good
    Network is bad in my area regardless of device, but rarely does anyone else have service where I don't with Passport or KEYone, both being about the same. I disabled LTE on both as I often would get no service with LTE on, now usually have H+. Bell in northern AB.

Typed on a beautiful piece of history
    05-27-18 09:48 AM
    So if KEY2 is better, I'll go for it but already I seem to be ahead of the iPhones and Samsungs in the reception. Reception is king above all other features for my area.

Typed on a beautiful piece of history
    05-27-18 09:50 AM
    Plastic around the speaker grill on the renders gives me some hope for a better signal, less metal - easier for the antenna. I live and work in the area with a weak cell signal and my k1 has definitely weaker signal than other phones. I hope TCL engineers worked on k2 with the biggest k1 flops in mind: properly glued screen and bad signal.
    05-27-18 09:52 AM
    We had a forum topic about this some months ago. LTE typically has lower dB levels than GSM. I set my K1 to GSM only and it shows better signal bars. I don't experience dropped calls often. However antenna placement is still poor considering a case is required to prevent hands from dampening the antenna.
    05-27-18 10:21 AM
    I agree (this plus the speaker are my two primary complaints about the K1). I'm very interested to know more. Anyone?
    Now it seems that there will not be a bigger screen or keyboard, then I agree that the speaker(s) need to be upgraded in Keytwo.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-18 10:36 AM
    Less "no it won't" and more "I have no idea".
    The last quote will sufficed.
    05-27-18 10:43 AM
    It's a combination of network and hardware, but if one of them is bad then it tends to exacerbate the other. That the KEYone has the same problem the iPhone 4 had except 7 years later means TCL better learn from their mistakes, since they don't appear to learn from others'.
    My assumption is that the KeyOne antenna only works well on specific frequencies - for example, on Vodafone UK it is appalling when compared with a Passport. The only KeyOne owner I know (UK Black Edition) still keeps his Passport on him and has to swap sim cards at a few locations as his KeyOne gets no signal at all whereas he gets 2 or 3 bars on the Passport.

Btw - he mostly loves everything else about his KeyOne (though I still hear grumbles that the Hub still isn't as good as it was on OS10).
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 05-28-18 at 09:33 AM. Reason: typo
    05-27-18 11:16 AM
    One of the beta testers must know if the antenna is improved. They can run real world tests. Let us know early on. I will otherwise keep my Classic as daily driver.
    05-27-18 11:36 AM
56 123