Hey crew. Just purchased a new key2. Happy with it so far. I'd noticed a few improvements on my KEYone and developers doing a couple of annoying things for all touches. Eg. YouTube going into fullscreen mode while chromecasting (this made me want the capacitive row).
    The main issue I'm having with the key2 is i'd started using BlackBerry's device search on my KEYone again. This is because file search was allowing me to find photos and documents really quickly and the search was resetting everytime I minimised the device search app which was great for instant actions. The device search resets on my KEYone everytime it minimises but not on the key2. Pretty annoying. Everything appears up to date. Is anybody else having this issue? Is there anyway to make the app clear text everytime I minimise it? Or do I need to wait for another update? It's like going from bbos 10.2.1 o.s back to 10.2. Cheers.
    04-23-19 08:57 PM
    The Device Search app doesn't reset itself on the K1, rather the OS closes it automatically when it runs out of memory.

Such is not the case on the K2 given it has twice the memory of the K1 SE which means that the app stays open in the background much longer hence when you re access the app it doesn't start from scratch which is why you see the most recent search. Make sense?

Pretty annoying I know! I requested many times to add a configuration toggle to allow users to choose which behavior they want but for what I know, Device Search is no longer being developed.
    Crusader03 likes this.
    04-23-19 09:55 PM
    The Device Search app doesn't reset itself on the K1, rather the OS closes it automatically when it runs out of memory.

Such is not the case on the K2 given it has twice the memory of the K1 SE which means that the app stays open in the background much longer hence when you re access the app it doesn't start from scratch which is why you see the most recent search. Make sense?

Pretty annoying I know! I requested many times to add a configuration toggle to allow users to choose which behavior they want but for what I know, Device Search is no longer being developed.
    Thanks. I was wondering if something like this might be the case. How'd you work that out?

Couldn't be certain in my mind because the ability to search for named photos/files had improved dramatically and my KEYone had the same issue in the early days. Had three gigs of ram the whole time.
    04-23-19 11:48 PM
    Thanks. I was wondering if something like this might be the case. How'd you work that out?
    How did I work what out? That the app is no longer being developed?
    04-23-19 11:49 PM
    How did I work what out? That the app is no longer being developed?
    How did you come to the conclusion that the device search app works better on the keyone due to it having less ram?
    04-23-19 11:52 PM
    How did you come to the conclusion that the device search app works better on the keyone due to it having less ram?
    Do Android long enough and you start figuring all kinds of things out
    04-24-19 12:07 AM
    Do Android long enough and you start figuring all kinds of things out
    Just figured out the device search resets like bb10 on the condition that shortpress keyboard shortcuts are disabled. It resets on the key2 when minimised. But it does not reset if you use a shortcut/app icon to access the device search.

The memory claim Is false.

Recommend using the device search for anyone not using shortpress shortcuts.
    04-24-19 06:56 AM
    Just figured out the device search resets like bb10 on the condition that shortpress keyboard shortcuts are disabled. It resets on the key2 when minimised. But it does not reset if you use a shortcut/app icon to access the device search.

The memory claim Is false.

Recommend using the device search for anyone not using shortpress shortcuts.
    That's correct. I did not realize that this is how you access Device Search...I assumed that you launch the app in which case my theory should hold true in case memory runs out.
    04-24-19 08:28 AM