Is it possible to delete word predictions? It would be a handy function if we could have a list of words we don't want to have in the prediction even if we have used them in the past.
    03-02-19 11:54 AM
    I'd like to know this too. I see a lot of useless word suggestions come up that I want to delete from the choices in the future.
    03-02-19 12:21 PM
    my guess is that the predictions are built and maintained dynamically. Still it would be nice to have a list of words that never need to be part of the predictions so other words can take precedence.
    03-02-19 12:42 PM
    I think the predictions are eventually stored in your personal dictionary. Try checking and cleaning the words you don’t want any more.
    03-04-19 12:09 PM
    I think the predictions are eventually stored in your personal dictionary. Try checking and cleaning the words you don’t want any more.
    Where would you find this dictionary? I have asked a similar question as to how to delete a word you accidentally added to dictionary. I didn't any responses so kinda let it go.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    03-04-19 02:23 PM
    Where would you find this dictionary? I have asked a similar question as to how to delete a word you accidentally added to dictionary. I didn't any responses so kinda let it go.

Reg
    Sorry I was away and wasn't using Key² so couldn't reply.
    Your Personal Dictionary should be available at Settings > System > Languages & input > Keyboard Settings > Select BlackBerry Keyboard > Predictions and correction. However check the learned words under "Word Lists". You can delete them all or just delete the ons you don't want.
    Hope this helps.
    03-04-19 02:36 PM
    Well it helped to find it but mine is totally empty so not sure what that all means. There is still words stored somewhere.

Word substituion is my favorite part of Blackberry and they still don't seem to make it work as designed either.

Reg
    03-04-19 02:42 PM
    Well it helped to find it but mine is totally empty so not sure what that all means. There is still words stored somewhere.

Word substituion is my favorite part of Blackberry and they still don't seem to make it work as designed either.

Reg
    This has been a bug since the key1. After restarting your phone, your word substitution list will check the "always remember this capitalization" by default, no matter how you set it up originally. I've given up on resetting it every time I restart.
    anon(10387168) and Tim-ANC like this.
    03-04-19 02:46 PM
    This is what stats say. Still looking at where I might edit or delete added words. Says I used gestures 9000 times. Wonder how many were wanted. Lol
    Maybe that is why my backspace key is starting to show wear.

I still really like the phone just having some fun. It really is working awesome now.

Reg
    03-04-19 07:14 PM
    Wow, I have over 3000 learned words. A lot are numbers and dates. Going to take some time to clean up.
    03-05-19 08:09 AM
    This has been a bug since the key1. After restarting your phone, your word substitution list will check the "always remember this capitalization" by default, no matter how you set it up originally. I've given up on resetting it every time I restart.
    Where is that setting at? Is that the reason I have basic words being capitalized in the middle of a sentence?
    03-05-19 08:17 AM
    Where is that setting at? Is that the reason I have basic words being capitalized in the middle of a sentence?
    It's in keyboard settings. But no that won't be the reason for that. That is a bug that some get and is related to user error or hardware malfunction. Jury is out. There is a 2000 post thread about such things.

Reg
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    03-05-19 09:15 AM
    Sorry I was away and wasn't using Key² so couldn't reply.
    Your Personal Dictionary should be available at Settings > System > Languages & input > Keyboard Settings > Select BlackBerry Keyboard > Predictions and correction. However check the learned words under "Word Lists". You can delete them all or just delete the ons you don't want.
    Hope this helps.
    Nothing there although I have added words (tap to add). Strange.
    03-05-19 01:09 PM
    Is it possible to delete word predictions? It would be a handy function if we could have a list of words we don't want to have in the prediction even if we have used them in the past.
    Go to settings-languages-keyboard settings-blackberry keybord-expanded-disable "learn new words" than there is an option to delete the learned words.
    Should work
    Cheers!
    03-05-19 03:42 PM
    Go to settings-languages-keyboard settings-blackberry keybord-expanded-disable "learn new words" than there is an option to delete the learned words.
    Should work
    Cheers!
    Ok thanks for this explanation. This option actually deletes every learned word of course. You cannot select words.
    03-05-19 03:48 PM
    Ok thanks for this explanation. This option actually deletes every learned word of course. You cannot select words.
    That's right.
    Seems there no option to delete single words.
    03-05-19 03:55 PM
    Yes, it is, if those words are a part of your word substitution list. It's a bug that's been present since the key1. Still not fixed. It's under system, languages, keyboard settings, blackberry keyboard, word substitution. Click on your words and see if the "always remember this capitalization" is checked for every entry.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    03-06-19 12:06 AM
    KB settings, prediction and correction, word list, personal word list

Here you can delete learned words individually or by selecting multiple to delete.

I see on mine I have learned words from previous BlackBerry's. It's a large list.
    RegN likes this.
    03-06-19 08:39 AM
    KB settings, prediction and correction, word list, personal word list

Here you can delete learned words individually or by selecting multiple to delete.

I see on mine I have learned words from previous BlackBerry's. It's a large list.
    Well that works. I never thought to try to select the personal list. I just thought it was a title. Nice to learn stuff I should have known.

Reg
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    03-06-19 08:44 AM
    This is what stats say. Still looking at where I might edit or delete added words. Says I used gestures 9000 times. Wonder how many were wanted. Lol
    Maybe that is why my backspace key is starting to show wear.

I still really like the phone just having some fun. It really is working awesome now.

Reg https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ac76fd508a.jpg
    Where can I find these statistics?
    03-08-19 03:09 AM
    Type keyboard in search then Blackberry keyboard then Statistics
    03-08-19 05:51 AM
    Go into Settings, Language and Input, Keyboard Settings.
    03-08-19 07:15 AM
    Go into Settings, Language and Input, Keyboard Settings. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...afa6dc40fe.jpg
    Great. Thanks. Maybe they should makes a metric % first swipe success. 😁
    03-08-19 08:12 AM
    Great. Thanks. Maybe they should makes a metric % first swipe success.
    Or number of times I swipe up for the center word and it picks one from the edges
    03-09-19 11:38 AM
    Or number of times I swipe up for the center word and it picks one from the edges
    Hmmm that rarely happens to me.
    03-09-19 12:44 PM
26 12