The symbol page doesn't close fast enough after input.

When I press the 'sym' key and follow up with two fast inputs, it often registers the second input also as an symbol instead of the letter.

This is only a problem when you type fast. But since I have German umlauts on the symbol page I often end up with something like 'ö%' instead of 'öp'.

Is there any minimal coded delay for closing or is it just a tiny bit sluggish?
    09-22-18 06:52 PM
    Are you holding SYM and typing or pressing in succession?
    09-22-18 07:33 PM
    Are you holding SYM and typing or pressing in succession?
    Everything is short press.

The symbol page closes instant but it registers 2 inputs when I'm typing fast.

There is no visible delay of the symbol page closing just the false registration of characters.

I cannot even reproduce on every attempt but it happens quite a lot throughout the day when I'm typing.
    09-23-18 06:31 AM
    Everything is short press.

The symbol page closes instant but it registers 2 inputs when I'm typing fast.

There is no visible delay of the symbol page closing just the false registration of characters.

I cannot even reproduce on every attempt but it happens quite a lot throughout the day when I'm typing.
    You are probably typing hyper fast!
    09-23-18 11:47 AM
    You are probably typing hyper fast!
    Hehe, not at all.

I think it gets just a tad slower with the time. Today it seems to be fine again.

I had this problem a lot on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. It was a non-issue at the time I got my KEY². So I think it varies by time used or maybe the August update fixed it for me.

//EDIT: It's definitely a problem and every day writing for me.

It seems to occur quite random. Sometimes normal writing speed triggers it and super fast speed for testing doesn't - also vice versa. I wouldn't have come across this when there weren't German umlauts on my custom symbol page which are part of my fluent typing with 'sym' key.

Maybe this could be fixed by accepting only the first input as an symbol from the custom layout: As long as there is no long press it's symbol then alphanumeric. Invoking the custom symbols resets this 'lock'.
    Last edited by apt-get; 10-03-18 at 08:37 AM.
    09-23-18 12:07 PM