All us BlackBerry nuts defend it until the cows come home and I absolutely love the Key2 and so chuffed I finall have dual Sim. However, for the first time I will admit it makes me sad to see friends' photos from other phones compared to our dismal camera. I'm not too fussed, it's not what I buy it for but it is so so bad isn't it?
    Qorax likes this.
    07-21-18 02:26 PM
    Yes! The "get a camera if you need to take photos" argument to defend key2 is plain stupid!

Posted via CB10
    07-21-18 02:46 PM
    TCL needs address the camera. Just the keyboard doesn't justify the price tag.....

And yes the camera is far from okay.
    HostessCupcake and andy957 like this.
    07-21-18 03:04 PM
    The issue is the camera is so darn inconsistent. Is the resolution high enough??? Is it software or hardware?? I really don't want to carry two phones or a camera.
    07-21-18 03:17 PM
    All us BlackBerry nuts defend it until the cows come home and I absolutely love the Key2 and so chuffed I finall have dual Sim. However, for the first time I will admit it makes me sad to see friends' photos from other phones compared to our dismal camera. I'm not too fussed, it's not what I buy it for but it is so so bad isn't it?
    The photos I have seen posted on this site are good. IMO they look just as good any other cell phone..
    07-21-18 04:38 PM
    The photos I have seen posted on this site are good. IMO they look just as good any other cell phone..
    Not in low light shots. The camera is probably the main reason why I have not 100% committed to keeping the Key2. For the first time in my cell phone life, I'm seriously considering something other than a Blackberry.

The camera is honestly unacceptable fr 2018 & this price range. People need to stop defending BB on this.
    07-21-18 05:33 PM
    Mmmmm maybe need eyeglasses. Just kidding.

To me the photos are pretty horrid.
    andy957 likes this.
    07-21-18 06:21 PM
    I don't know if horrid is correct. Inconsistent yes. Concerning if it's hardware vs software!, yes.
    07-21-18 06:32 PM
    I think the camera is capable of some good pics, however I think the software needs some work as a lot of the time the default settings result in poor images. I do think TCL will improve it as the Motion was a lot worse than it when it was launched and updates have massively improved it, so I am optimistic the same will happen for the Key2. Still don't see much of a reason for the dual camera though and feel a single better camera may have been a better choice, but I guess multiple cameras are the trend at the moment, although only a few really benefit from their implementation.
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    07-21-18 06:32 PM
    For those of you that experienced the Motions camera updates, did they drastically help the camera in the end???
    07-21-18 07:57 PM
    It's not just software. If it had OIS it would make a huge difference.
    07-21-18 08:18 PM
    Ok, I will risk the wrath of all the BlackBerry fanboys. lol. What many people of influence here do not realize is that as a productivity tool in 2018, pics are now a major part of our business content! I don't need best in class, I do however need a decent camera for convenience! Allow me to be specific. The other day I needed to rent one of our properties, needed simple indoor pics. I pointed the camera, looked acceptable on screen and the camera made the focus locked sound and vibrate. I proceeded to take 12 pics. when I reviewed them for posting, 5 were unusable due to blurr! This is not in anyway acceptable for a productivity tool! Period! I am going to wait for a couple of updates to address this issue, it is not a hardware issue, it is software! In the end, no fix means selling the phone! I absolutely love the PKB! However, that will not be enough to keep it! And don't get me started on the Bluetooth issues, again, just software and I will expect a fix update soon. Come on guys, get this close to right please, after all, we are your core buyers, lose us, BlackBerry is truly finished. Cheers,
    Last edited by Crusader03; 07-21-18 at 11:32 PM.
    07-21-18 09:07 PM
    Ok, I will risk the wrath of all the BlackBerry fanboys. lol. What many people of influence here do not realize is that as a productivity tool in 2018, pics are now a major part of our business content! I don't need best in class, I do however need a decent camera for convenience! Allow me to be specific. The other day I needed to rent one of our properties, needed simple indoor pics. I pointed the camera, looked acceptable on screen and the camera made the focus locked sound and vibrate. I proceeded to take 12 pics. when I reviewed them for posting, 5 were unusable due to blurr! This is not in anyway acceptable for a productivity tool! Period! I am going to wait for a couple of updates to address this issue, it is not a hardware issue, it is software! In the end, no fix means selling the phone! I absolutely love the PKB! However, that will not be enough to keep it! And don't get me started on the Bluetooth issues, again, just software and I will expect a fix update soon. Come on guys, get this close to right please, after all, we are your core buyers, loose us, BlackBerry is truly finished. Cheers,
    Also for scanning documents - Key 2 camera is trash.
    07-21-18 10:07 PM
    I've installed a couple of 3rd party camera apps for when I need better shots. they seem to help. I really do hope blackberry hear these calls for better software and bring an update, it's the only thing letting this great phone down.
    07-21-18 11:53 PM
    I've installed a couple of 3rd party camera apps for when I need better shots. they seem to help. I really do hope blackberry hear these calls for better software and bring an update, it's the only thing letting this great phone down.
    CamerMX or other?
    07-22-18 11:17 AM
    HD camera has quite a few options for playing with images. Had some good results
    07-22-18 11:27 AM
    The camera issues should be a simple update and Blackberry should let us know they are working on it and not leave us in limbo.
    07-22-18 11:30 AM
    The camera issues should be a simple update and Blackberry should let us know they are working on it and not leave us in limbo.
    I agree, acknowledge it and tell us something. They want us to support their product, then they should support us.
    07-22-18 11:44 AM
    didn't the Priv have a horrible camera until the software was updated? might just be a simple software update
    07-22-18 11:48 AM
    Honestly, the PKB is the only reason why I'm still a fan of Blackberry. However I don't know for how long, since the Key2 Camera is unreliable. At the moment I went back to my KEYone, but I'm tired of waiting for a device that could compete with smartphones like iPhone, Huawei or Samsung. Camera is important!
    HostessCupcake likes this.
    07-22-18 03:26 PM
    Why don't BlackBerry ever seem to learn from their mistakes?

Posted via CB10
    CrackPriv and HostessCupcake like this.
    07-22-18 05:10 PM
    Honestly, the PKB is the only reason why I'm still a fan of Blackberry. However I don't know for how long, since the Key2 Camera is unreliable. At the moment I went back to my KEYone, but I'm tired of waiting for a device that could compete with smartphones like iPhone, Huawei or Samsung. Camera is important!
    100% in agreement. For the first time in my life, I'm considering ditching Blackberry.

Yet many fans on this site make excuses for the poor product. Somehow to them only kids need a a great camera & "business professionals" want "productivity" via a PKB.
    Fred Wu, pdr733 and HostessCupcake like this.
    07-22-18 05:46 PM
    Just add a stylus for Key 3, and improve on the camera, and watch it selling a million units.
    07-23-18 09:20 AM
    Just add a stylus for Key 3, and improve on the camera, and watch it selling a million units.
    And OLED display with integrated nav keys
    07-23-18 11:57 AM