Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    So I decided to do some deep testing on my theory that it's actually the OREO OS + Google software that inhibit Key2 from delivering perfect swiping up words results.

Testcase:

* autoloader ABT974 including wipe
    * not selecting a WiFi connection thus preventing the phone from doing updates or downloading things from Google Play Store
    * not logging in into Play Store thus preventing automatic downloads from Google Play Store

Getting a meesage to download my "BlackBerry Keyboard Dictionary" - done

Before doing that their were no predicted words only the ones the device learns by me typing.

I will keep my phone on 4G and configure 1 e-mail account so I can test my theory with real e-mail conversations and will not login to any Google Account to prevent any addition Google Play Store downloads

Will report back.
    04-13-19 12:15 PM
    I am surprised by how much time some of you put into testing theories. I'm not saying it's good or bad. Some of its interesting to read. Mostly how dedicated a few are to even wipe phone and go through a large process to see if it helps or can notice changes. I notice most changes just by how much I'm in a hurry or taking too much time. Taking one for the team so to speak.
    Looking forward to day you say "do this and have perfect swiping".

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    04-13-19 12:37 PM
    What do you mean by "perfect swiping up words results"?

I don't have any google software running on my Key2 so I could maybe help test certain aspects.
    Crusader03 likes this.
    04-13-19 12:54 PM
    Looking forward to day you say "do this and have perfect swiping".

Reg
    As hopeful and optimistic as I've been throughout this process of dealing with the PKB sensitivity issue thinking the resolution will come in an OS update, I'm not sure there will be a "do this and have perfect swiping" end result. If there is, I'm afraid we will have to compensate to such a degree it will undoubtedly mean it might require us to run the KEY2 without it being fully set up. As was my experience when I was sent a refurbished replacement KEY2. Running it naked with minimum installation of software and apps, the swiping of predicted words performed as it should.

I believe @Thinkbusiness will have some enlightening and revealing results once he's done with his "deep testing." Thanks Think for your tenacious commitment in researching this issue... Much appreciated by myself and others I'm sure.

Bob
    Vistaus likes this.
    04-13-19 12:55 PM
    As hopeful and optimistic as I've been throughout this process of dealing with the PKB sensitivity issue thinking the resolution will come in an OS update, I'm not sure there will be a "do this and have perfect swiping" end result. If there is, I'm afraid we will have to compensate to such a degree it will undoubtedly mean it might require us to run the KEY2 without it being fully set up. As was my experience when I was sent a refurbished replacement KEY2. Running it naked with minimum installation of software and apps, the swiping of predicted words performed as it should.

I believe @Thinkbusiness will have some enlightening and revealing results once he's done with his "deep testing." Thanks Think for your tenacious commitment in researching this issue... Much appreciated by myself and others I'm sure.

Bob
    I should have worded it that I am hopeful someone would say do this and have perfect swiping.
    Myself I have just accepted the fact it's not perfect as designed but still the best for me. I have learned to watch what I do and I guess proof read. If and when I swipe and it goes well I'm happy. If I swipe two or three time I mutter something and tell myself just type it next time. I generally use it for words I am not sure how to spell or larger words that show up so I use it. I used to just reach and touch the word as I would do on Classic but slowly started to use this feature. That is one of the nice things is we have options to make the phone work for us. Only really bothers me if I'm trying to show off and it fails.

Reg .
    Bob80220 likes this.
    04-13-19 01:04 PM
    Unfortunately, swiping is not the only issue left. Unwanted activation of cursor mode and SYM are also still present. Much better and less frequent than before after a couple of OS tweaks/fixes. I have also modified my typing style a bit and that might also be helping. In the end, I am still hopeful to have the K2 experience as it should have been since purchase, although my faith in a full fix is dwindling. Time will tell all. Thank you Think for further exploring our plight in order to perhaps help BBMo/TCL in their efforts to isolate and correct this defect. Cheers,
    04-13-19 01:35 PM
    I have a grave concern! Where have the comments in this thread gone! This thread has been scrubbed! Either put back all comments or explain yourselves, immediately!!! This is deplorable!!!
    TheBond and Vistaus like this.
    04-14-19 11:18 PM
    I have a grave concern! Where have the comments in this thread gone! This thread has been scrubbed! Either put back all comments or explain yourselves, immediately!!! This is deplorable!!!
    Nothing on topic was deleted. Calm down and carry on. Experiment sounds intriguing.
    04-14-19 11:41 PM
    Hi
    As previously mentionned in some posts, swiping gesture is quite good on my AZERTY BBF100-1, after one the last update. No random cursor and only few SYM activation.
    About swiping, I sometimes have to do it twice but only when on "central" word. When on left or right position, never any problem. I suspect bad responses are on the central position because of figure print sensor that reduces area to detect swiping (3 keys rows instead of 4).
    But please dont consider I have a "fantastic" K2.... too much other bugs and poor productivity !!!
    04-15-19 02:03 AM
    In the main thread regarding this issue, I posted a few OS upgrades ago that I could replicated this issue, but then an OS update fixed it.

At the time, I could only replicated the issue if I purposely hovered my thumb very very close, but not touching, the keys. This would trigger cursor mode on and off. I also found that swiping up on the center of the keyboard didn't work if the thumb touched the spacebar first.

Following one of the OS updates a few months back, these problems disappeared for my device. I can no longer replicate the issue of random cursor activation and I can now swipe up on the center without issue, even if I touch the spacebar first.

To be clear, my typing style very very rarely caused this issue for me, which is why I say I had to "replicate it"
    My typing style involves my thumbs not hovering over the keyboard, they are either touching it or not. When they are not, they are more than 1-2mm away from the surface.

My phone does not run any Google software. I have disabled Google Play services/Google App and Google Play.

But my phone has always been this way. So I don't think it is a contributing factor.
    RK_BB likes this.
    04-15-19 10:25 AM
    ICYMI campers, this thread is reopened for business.
    04-15-19 08:32 PM
    Finally found some time to post my results of the deep testing experiment.

Test environment: did a full wipe autoloader install with the latest available build number.

Didn't install additional software (disabled updates in the Play Store)

First conclusions:

when the phone and doesn't have additional software installed and has just been rebooted the swiping ratio is above 98 percent.

Like also stated before cleaning the keyboard once in a while helped improving the ratio.

Further testing: my experience is also that the longer the text is that you are typing the more the extra swiping need seems to occur.

Also using backspace button (not back swiping) a couple of times and then immediately after swiping often led to me and needing a second swiping gesture.

I also found an advanced developer setting to disable animations. This way I disabled the prediction word animation where the word flies up. I figured that also might have an effect and apparently it does.

I managed to type up a text of 300+ words without needing a second swipe. This could very well be some coincidence but also typing this update has been flawless.

I will continue to use the phone for a couple of days with disabled animation and report back on the results

Also no SYMB or cursor mode pop ups for me.

All in all a nice improvement so far it seems.

I also monitor my available memory and because I try to keep my device free of software I don't need I often manage to get a steady 68 percent availability after a reboot.

After using the phone for a while the percentage drops to about 57 percent.

I believe that people with lower scores will also run into more second swiping needs.
    Last edited by Thinkbusiness; 04-22-19 at 08:38 AM.
    Crusader03 and BigBadWulf like this.
    04-22-19 08:25 AM
    Thank you for the update and trials you have been doing on this issue that some of us are experiencing.
    Crusader03 likes this.
    04-22-19 09:04 AM