Dear BlackBerry! This is the Key2, people wanted to see.

Maybe TCL will catch up by next year?

I will let the picture speak for itself. But really, why do we still have that huge nav bar and huge top bezel?

Let's see the people's reaction in comments,

(maybe a moderator can help create a poll.... Like or Not like...?, my browser was acting up)

Dear BlackBerry! This is the Key2, people wanted to see.-keylast.png

*edit: I fixed the chin :-)
    Last edited by CeCoQ; 06-10-18 at 06:29 AM.
    06-08-18 12:42 PM
    I like it! But Android P isn't ready yet. I had wished they at least got rid of the capacitive buttons!

Thank you for sharing this!
    06-08-18 12:46 PM
    Dear BlackBerry! This is the Key2, people wanted to see.-keydiff.png

And if anyone was wondering, Yes the screen looks much bigger, but the phone actually is not taller, it is just a bit wider. I think just about 3.2mm if I remember well.
    06-08-18 12:56 PM
    I like it! But Android P isn't ready yet. I had wished they at least got rid of the capacitive buttons!

Thank you for sharing this!
    It could have shipped with Oreo software nav buttons, and then update to P when it is ready. With hardware keys, there is no progress possible.
    06-08-18 12:58 PM
    This is what I was hoping for. Hating the capacitive navigation bar
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-08-18 01:00 PM
    I think it's easier to type with the larger chin under the keyboard. If the keys were that close to the bottom it would be awkward to type.
    06-08-18 01:00 PM
    This is what I was hoping for. Hating the capacitive navigation bar
    But I will bite my tongue and pull out my wallet as I need an upgrade.
    06-08-18 01:01 PM
    I think it's easier to type with the larger chin under the keyboard. If the keys were that close to the bottom it would be awkward to type.
    That's true, I could fix it. Do I add a notch, or it's not necessary?
    06-08-18 01:08 PM
    That navigation bar has been nothing but a huge pain for me. It occasionally works. I'm thinking of ditching BB because of it. It's been like this for all three K1s I've owner.
    CheatCC, TheGraduate and BlueOhSix like this.
    06-08-18 01:12 PM
    Hopefully for the next blackberry device TCL adds the software nav buttons, makes the screen bigger, and have a brighter OLED display. If it doesn't, I suspect it won't be doing to well with sales.
    BlueOhSix and TheGraduate like this.
    06-08-18 01:27 PM
    Dear BlackBerry! This is the Key2, people wanted to see.

Maybe TCL will catch up by next year?

I will let the picture speak for itself. But really, why do we still have that huge nav bar and huge top bezel?

Let's see the people's reaction in comments,

(maybe a moderator can help create a poll.... Like or Not like...?, my browser was acting up)

Attachment 436737
    This is exactly what I was hoping for.
    06-09-18 04:52 PM
    Perfect drawing. Except the bottom chin is very important for typing. They should not make it smaller. Everything else 100% agree.
    DWonder and Frank Costanza like this.
    06-09-18 05:10 PM
    Tsk tsk tsk...this is everything the KEY2 shoulda been :-'( I'll still be gettin it tho, lol
    06-09-18 05:53 PM
    Let's hope for the Key3!
    DWonder likes this.
    06-09-18 07:44 PM
    The keys dissappear so it seems they did think ahead for future updates.
    06-09-18 08:15 PM
    I like it! But I'm okay with them not ditching the capacitive keys on the KEY2. Dual cameras, better processor, more RAM and a slick makeover are great improvements IMO.

Save something for us to be excited about in 2019!
    mr_poobah likes this.
    06-09-18 08:21 PM
    Not quite the KEY2 I would've wanted. If you recall, there were early renders of the KEYone that had a physical navigation bar. There are several advantages to this: more screen space/smaller device with same screen size, less prone-to-accidental-touches, more confidence when pressing it (same deal with physical keyboard over virtual!), potential for more key combinations, and additional room for the "touchpad" aspect of the keyboard! A picture of said old render is attached, hopefully some would agree with physical > virtual, as you all have with keyboards.
    Admittedly, virtual would still be better than capacitive, especially given that the display is IPS, and would suffer virtually no burn-in as AMOLED.

Dear BlackBerry! This is the Key2, people wanted to see.-0.jpg
    DWonder likes this.
    06-10-18 12:43 AM
    I mean, why not use the speed key + shortcuts for home, back and recent?
    Qorax and davidinLA like this.
    06-10-18 12:58 AM
    Yup. That's basically everything I could have hoped for. Those capacitive buttons are nothing but annoying and eat into what could be more screen.

I'm kinda annoyed that I clicked on that now haha. As it's just made me see what could and should have been.
    BlueOhSix and leoip like this.
    06-10-18 04:18 AM
    There are lots and lots of people on here cooing and drooling over the Key2, so does this mean that CrackBerry is now going to stop ramming the KeyONE down my throat and move its allegiance to the newbie?

If the Key2 is the new "must have" device, does that mean that the KeyOne is now out of fashion?

There's nothing in KeyOne or KeyTwo price tags or specs that justify exchanging my working perfectly well Priv.
    Qorax likes this.
    06-10-18 06:36 AM
    There are lots and lots of people on here cooing and drooling over the Key2, so does this mean that CrackBerry is now going to stop ramming the KeyONE down my throat and move its allegiance to the newbie?

If the Key2 is the new "must have" device, does that mean that the KeyOne is now out of fashion?

There's nothing in KeyOne or KeyTwo price tags or specs that justify exchanging my working perfectly well Priv.
    That happens each time a new phone is released. It has happened in the past, present, and will happen in the future. That's called promotion and renewed interest and excitement. No biggie.
    06-10-18 07:30 AM
    Dear BlackBerry! This is the Key2, people wanted to see.-key-3.png
    no navigation bar, same screen size. and camera under the keyboard. so it have a small factor similar to classic.
    06-10-18 08:41 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Key 3.png 
Views:	476 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	436808
    no navigation bar, same screen size. and camera under the keyboard. so it have a small factor similar to classic.
    This is super funny. Are you going to rotate the phone by 180° when calling to be able to hear something? LOL
    DWonder likes this.
    06-10-18 08:47 AM
    No, that just means the KEYone will be driven down your throat as the cheaper alternative to the KEY2.
    06-10-18 11:15 AM
    I mean, why not use the speed key + shortcuts for home, back and recent?
    That would eliminate one handed operation
    nah.uhh likes this.
    06-10-18 11:26 AM
67 123