Howdy,

I've been struggling with the duplicate contacts thing for ages, which has become increasingly difficult as colleagues leave and their numbers are passed on... (someone rings you and it comes up under a different name despite saving the new contact and de-selecting the previous contact type).

The only solution I've found to this is to delete everything and keep contacts on Google (which I don't like given privacy issues but it is the only solution I have atm).

After that, I went through the dialler app joining contacts (STILL duplicates somehow).

Now that is sorted, I finally seem to have a single contacts list. What would be nice is a dark themed dialler (of which there are many) to finish things off. I can't seem to find one that works with the numberpad... any suggestions appreciated.

P.S. also a link for a Youtube alternative (I've heard of red / vanced but don't know where to get them) would be appreciated. Ads are really getting out of hand.

Thanks
    08-14-19 04:13 PM
    Howdy,

I've been struggling with the duplicate contacts thing for ages, which has become increasingly difficult as colleagues leave and their numbers are passed on... (someone rings you and it comes up under a different name despite saving the new contact and de-selecting the previous contact type).

The only solution I've found to this is to delete everything and keep contacts on Google (which I don't like given privacy issues but it is the only solution I have atm).

After that, I went through the dialler app joining contacts (STILL duplicates somehow).

Now that is sorted, I finally seem to have a single contacts list. What would be nice is a dark themed dialler (of which there are many) to finish things off. I can't seem to find one that works with the numberpad... any suggestions appreciated.

P.S. also a link for a Youtube alternative (I've heard of red / vanced but don't know where to get them) would be appreciated. Ads are really getting out of hand.

Thanks
    Can't really give you links to pirated/illegal software. You'll have to do that yourself.
    08-14-19 04:17 PM
    Google Phone has a dark mode and it works with the number pad of the KEY2: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...ubble-t3708218
    08-14-19 05:00 PM
    Sorry didn't realise it was pirated or illegal, thought it was more a glorified adblock service. I don't mind watching ads but there has been a sharp upturn in the number and duration to the point where some things are unwatchable... first world problems I suppose.
    08-14-19 05:00 PM
    Google Phone has a dark mode and it works with the number pad of the KEY2: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...ubble-t3708218
    Perfect. That has worked great thank you.
    08-14-19 05:05 PM
    Perfect. That has worked great thank you.
    You're welcome

(I also sent you a PM regarding YouTube Vanced)
    mikeath likes this.
    08-14-19 05:09 PM
    True Phone works fine and it has a pure black mode
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hb.dialer.free
    08-15-19 01:05 AM