I just bought the key2 after having had the keyone for a year and a bit.

I've had it for under 24hours.

The dollar sign key i've mapped to a control key. does this erase it's function as a turn on/off speakers? If so can i make a short cut to turn on speaker function.

I can't seem to find a solution.

NEGATIVES SO FAR

I honestly don't think it's faster so far (i assume with 3GB of RAM extra and a better processor 660 vs 624) it should be but so far not a big difference. It's probably going to bet better as it's optimized with software improvements

The digital clock widget can't be pressed to open the clock/alarm/timer function i have to
    put the app icon to do this.

The speakers turn to low volume for no reason (rebooting the phone solved that problem)

The power key on the right is good for righties but not for lefties (me) just an fyi (there are more righties that lefties so that's normal)

This speaker function on the $ seems to be lost.

The fingerprint scanner seems a little less responsive

The camera seems worse right now (but i haven't played with portrait) but just a simple pic it actually seems worse than the key one

The sim card/sd card tray is harder to remove than before

THE POSTIVIES

The redacting tool is kind of cool
    The locker will probably be cool
    It is sleeker build and looks tougher
    The keyboard is definitively bigger and nicer

CONCLUSION:
    So far i'm not glad i shelled out 950$ for a phone that right now is similar to what i had in the keyone. I was hoping for better.
    08-15-18 11:51 AM

I honestly don't think it's faster so far (i assume with 3GB of RAM extra and a better processor 660 vs 624) it should be but so far not a big difference. It's probably going to bet better as it's optimized with software improvements
    I notice an increase in speed when it comes to installing apps compared to the Key1

The digital clock widget can't be pressed to open the clock/alarm/timer function i have to
    put the app icon to do this.
    Not sure why yours doesnt work, but yes, you can just press the BB clock widget to open the clock app

This speaker function on the $ seems to be lost.
    What speaker function?
    08-15-18 04:30 PM
    Speaker-buck-toggle absolutely works for me during normal voice calls. It may not work in other apps, though, such Messenger etc. That's not BlackBerry's fault.
    08-15-18 05:05 PM
    Speaker-buck-toggle absolutely works for me during normal voice calls. It may not work in other apps, though, such Messenger etc. That's not BlackBerry's fault.
    But you have it set to the dollar sign, right?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-18 05:07 PM
    But you have it set to the dollar sign, right?

Posted via CB10
    It has worked like that since I turned my K2 on for the first time.
    08-15-18 05:21 PM
    It has worked like that since I turned my K2 on for the first time.
    Dollar sign is the default. Set your ctrl key to some other function and you will most likely see that it won't work.
    08-15-18 05:47 PM
    All I can tell the OP is that the simcard tray will be a lot easier to remove after a couple of pull outs
    08-15-18 07:54 PM
    Yeah i tested Kraeutermann's point. Yeah if you set the currency key back to $ it brings back the speaker toggle abilitly. But if it's set to Ctrl it's lost
    08-15-18 09:26 PM
    The fact that the android buttons disappear with the key 2 is also not an improvement. In both the keyone and key2 that space isn't used for anything else but in the key 2 it goes completely black when not in use, in the key one you at least know where to press when you will use them. Seriously the higher specs and better keyboard are good but a lot of things are actually a little worse (which is why though i think a great phone still the key2 is a bit disappointing. I still don't think anyone with a keyone needs to go rushing out to get the key2.
    08-15-18 09:50 PM
    The fact that the android buttons disappear with the key 2 is also not an improvement. In both the keyone and key2 that space isn't used for anything else but in the key 2 it goes completely black when not in use, in the key one you at least know where to press when you will use them. Seriously the higher specs and better keyboard are good but a lot of things are actually a little worse (which is why though i think a great phone still the key2 is a bit disappointing. I still don't think anyone with a keyone needs to go rushing out to get the key2.
    I enjoy my KEY2 a lot more than I did my KEYone BE.

The keyboard really is better, imo. More spacious and keys are easier to press which means less thumb fatigue.

To each their own, some feel like it's a worthy upgrade, others don't.
    08-16-18 04:53 AM