Before the most recent update, I could use the currency key as ctrl. Now the option no longer appears in the menu.

Instead there is only the option to use ?123 as ctrl. I think ?123 only appears on the touchscreen keyboard.

How can I regain ctrl from a physical key?
    02-20-19 08:36 PM
    Before the most recent update, I could use the currency key as ctrl. Now the option no longer appears in the menu.

Instead there is only the option to use ?123 as ctrl. I think ?123 only appears on the touchscreen keyboard.

I'm on the latest update (ABP924).
    02-20-19 09:02 PM
    02-20-19 09:49 PM
    02-21-19 12:13 PM

You sure you're in the right screen?

Settings -> Shortcuts & gestures -> Customize the currency key. Can change it to Ctrl here

Settings -> System -> Languages & Input -> Keyboard settings -> Blackberry Keyboard -> Advanced -> Ctrl key. Is where the ?123 as ctrl appears
    02-21-19 03:00 PM

Settings -> Shortcuts & gestures -> Customize the currency key. Can change it to Ctrl here

Settings -> System -> Languages & Input -> Keyboard settings -> Blackberry Keyboard -> Advanced -> Ctrl key. Is where the ?123 as ctrl appears
    Thanks for the info.

I forgot how i changed the currency key to be ctrl. I was 'stuck' in the second branch ;-)
    Summer_Moon likes this.
    02-21-19 04:32 PM
    I've never used any other BlackBerry other than the Z30 and the Passport. I'm now on the KEY2 and don't know what the Ctrl is really for. Does anyone have a link that would direct me to how to benefit from this functionality?
    02-21-19 05:36 PM
    I've never used any other BlackBerry other than the Z30 and the Passport. I'm now on the KEY2 and don't know what the Ctrl is really for. Does anyone have a link that would direct me to how to benefit from this functionality?
    Same as a computer. CTRL+C = copy. CTRL+V = paste. CTRL+Y = redo. CTRL+U =undo.
    02-21-19 05:49 PM
    Only it's awkwardly placed on the right...
    02-21-19 06:11 PM
    Thank you for taking the time
    02-21-19 10:33 PM
    It's CTRL+Z for Undo.
    02-22-19 03:26 AM
    Question... I do a lot of copying text from websites (chrome) and would like to ask if the CTRL works for this?

In addition, I would also like to ask:
    1. How to easily and accurate set the starting point (start character/text)?
    2. How to easily move the start and end of the selection text? Coz my finger always blocked the view of the cursor.
    3. How to easily move the start/end selection that scrolls outside the top or bottom text of the current text on screen?

Thanks.
    02-22-19 07:58 AM
    It's CTRL+Z for Undo.
    Got one wrong. Sue me.
    02-22-19 09:06 AM
    Got one wrong. Sue me.
    I wish I could sue you for all your BlackBerrys
    02-22-19 10:08 AM
    I wish we could do ctrl+ f for finding things in documents
    02-22-19 12:13 PM
    actually ctrl + f works with some things like pdf
    02-22-19 01:49 PM
    Got one wrong. Sue me.
    Ha ha ... CTRL+U is for underline.
    02-22-19 03:58 PM

Got it. Thanks.
    Summer_Moon likes this.
    02-26-19 03:25 AM