Has anyone else received this message? Cricket Wireless sent me this message and I'm confused - I thought this BlackBerry Key 2 was capable of 4G?
    11-05-21 09:05 AM
    Has anyone else received this message? Cricket Wireless sent me this message and I'm confused - I thought this BlackBerry Key 2 was capable of 4G?
    It is 4G and should work fine with the newer VoLTE systems....

Issue is one of Cricket is AT&T and AT&T seems to be limiting the products on their network.
    11-05-21 09:11 AM
    So does this mean after February 2022 it will continue working?
    11-05-21 09:12 AM
    That all depends on Cricket and AT&T, but I wouldn't count on it.

It's not the same issue as BB10 users are facing, as the phone will be compatible... but just not approved by AT&T.
    11-05-21 09:16 AM
    The Key2 is not listed on Cricket list of supported unlocked devices. Since AT&T doesn't support Key2, I would say most likely, no, as DDD states.
    11-05-21 10:45 AM
    That was the reason after many years over to T Mobile I went, ATT only wants their bloat loaded phones.
    boogywstew likes this.
    11-05-21 03:26 PM
    can anyone recommend a mobile phone service provider? I liked paying $55USD a month for unlimited everything.
    11-05-21 06:48 PM
    My Key2 LE and Key2 were booted from Cricket. I'm on Mint Mobile (T-Mo) now.

The coverage sucks in my area but I still carry a Cricket hotspot for my laptop so I use that to make up the coverage gaps. With the low cost of Mint I end up paying a little less for Mint+CricketHotspot than I did for Cricket alone.
    roguerebellions likes this.
    11-05-21 07:27 PM
    That was the reason after many years over to T Mobile I went, ATT only wants their bloat loaded phones.
    Here’s the most recent list of factory unlocked devices on AT&T for VoLTE and enhanced calling features. Count the various OEMs and supported devices from each OEM as well. It also includes OEMs and OEM devices not sold by AT&T in any capacity. There’s some pretty fringe, uncommon devices on this official list from their public website.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=KOeW88pn
    11-05-21 08:50 PM
    Here’s the most recent list of factory unlocked devices on AT&T for VoLTE and enhanced calling features. Count the various OEMs and supported devices from each OEM as well. It also includes OEMs and OEM devices not sold by AT&T in any capacity. There’s some pretty fringe, uncommon devices on this official list from their public website.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=TLNphq-3
    Hate to tell you the list is garbage, our Apple phones got booted every day and every day we were told its a mistake........they suck plain and simple
    11-07-21 12:25 PM
    can anyone recommend a mobile phone service provider? I liked paying $55USD a month for unlimited everything.
    If it's got to be T-Mobile or one of the many MVNO's that uses T-Mobile's network.....

Verizon's support for the KEY2 is more of a "work around" so can't count on that.... if you could Xfinity has some great rates.
    11-08-21 07:14 AM
    Hate to tell you the list is garbage, our Apple phones got booted every day and every day we were told its a mistake........they suck plain and simple
    Other than your experience, I haven’t ever heard of an iPhone being kicked off any carrier as long as supported model version let alone from AT&T, the original iPhone carrier. Sounds like AT&T even admitted there was an error. Totally different situation then when carriers tell you that your device won’t be supported. The list is a legitimate supported list. It forces the carrier to support your device if listed.
    11-08-21 07:36 AM
    Other than your experience, I haven’t ever heard of an iPhone being kicked off any carrier as long as supported model version let alone from AT&T, the original iPhone carrier. Sounds like AT&T even admitted there was an error. Totally different situation then when carriers tell you that your device won’t be supported. The list is a legitimate supported list. It forces the carrier to support your device if listed.
    Nope and Nope, first they have had massive issues with I phones and alike this is in the trade magazine. Our I phones all came from apple 8-10=12's and they would get locked out, they wanted us to buy phones from them and I told the rep to screw off. We had over two hundred phones on account all we got told was sorry. In the end the "new AT&T could care less" so we took our phones elsewhere; now the calls come we want you back. Good luck with that, T mobile may not be perfect but our bills are cut in half our service and support is top notch and in the end my employees are happy. BTW all of our phones work on network, even my T-Rex (on life support)....woof
    11-08-21 04:56 PM
    Nope and Nope, first they have had massive issues with I phones and alike this is in the trade magazine. Our I phones all came from apple 8-10=12's and they would get locked out, they wanted us to buy phones from them and I told the rep to screw off. We had over two hundred phones on account all we got told was sorry. In the end the "new AT&T could care less" so we took our phones elsewhere; now the calls come we want you back. Good luck with that, T mobile may not be perfect but our bills are cut in half our service and support is top notch and in the end my employees are happy. BTW all of our phones work on network, even my T-Rex (on life support)....woof

If you are happy with T-Mobile's coverage, that's all that matters. Personally I wish I could switch from Verizon, but coverage is what I pay for and T-Mobile's is by far not good enough in this area..

But AT&T just had it's fifth consecutive quarter of subscriber gains, and hit a record low churn rate..... so think they are doing ok without you or whoever is in your trade magazine.

If anyone is hurting it's Verizon... which might help me as they'll have to cut rates or offer more incentives.
    11-09-21 09:05 AM
    If you are happy with T-Mobile's coverage, that's all that matters. Personally I wish I could switch from Verizon, but coverage is what I pay for and T-Mobile's is by far not good enough in this area..

But AT&T just had it's fifth consecutive quarter of subscriber gains, and hit a record low churn rate..... so think they are doing ok without you or whoever is in your trade magazine.

If anyone is hurting it's Verizon... which might help me as they'll have to cut rates or offer more incentives.
    OK lets set this straight:

1: The trade magazine is for the cellular industry, it does not look at churn or one months numbers but over all. It also bases its facts on cost to keep a consumer AT&T is paying dearly to keep its base.
    2: They speak to over all service and complaints not hearsay.
    3: I was stating facts that AT&T has issues with keeping phones on service not purchased on their network.
    4: As for T-Mobile service is what it is, as for price on a corporate bill with over 200+ phones a 50% percent discount is huge.
    5: I was with AT&T from the beginning service was always top notch and in many posts I defended them on more than one occasion.
    6: There service sucks the customer support is horrible with very long wait times and just bad support, not an opinion but fact.

MORE NEWS:

T‑Mobile Hits Nearly 5 Gbps with Another 5G First
    November 04, 2021
    In first‑ever New Radio Dual Connectivity call on a Standalone 5G network, the Un‑carrier hit speeds of 4950 Mbps
    Share on Facebook
    Share on Twitter
    Share on LinkedIn
    Standalone 5G is the future of wireless, and we are leading the charge! T-Mobile recently pulled off the world’s first 5G standalone (SA) New Radio Dual Connectivity (NR DC) data call on a commercial network. If you need help translating all that (this writer sure did), it means we combined the power of 2.5 GHz spectrum (n41) with millimeter wave (n260) to boost download speeds to nearly 5 Gbps (mind-blowing fast – like download an HD movie in the blink of an eye fast)! Our team made it all happen on the only nationwide commercial SA 5G network in the U.S.

This is just the latest in a series of 5G firsts. Among them, last year, we launched the first nationwide SA 5G network in the world. With this industry-leading network, we are paving the way for supercharged applications that require super-fast speeds, real-time responses, and massive connectivity. SA, especially when coupled with core network slicing in the future, will lead to an environment where transformative applications are made possible — things like connected self-driving vehicles, supercharged IoT, real-time translation … and things we haven’t even dreamed of yet.

T-Mobile is the leader in 5G with the country’s largest, fastest, and most reliable nationwide 5G network, covering 308 million people across 1.7 million square miles. 190 million of those people are covered by Ultra Capacity 5G, which can deliver blazing-fast speeds to more people than any other provider. Ultra Capacity 5G is widely available today, and we are on track to deploy it nationwide, covering 200 million people by the end of this year.

Click here to learn more about 5G. To check 5G coverage in your area, check out the online coverage map.
    Last edited by SteinwayTransitCorp; 11-10-21 at 12:58 PM.
    11-10-21 12:48 PM
    OK lets set this straight:

1: The trade magazine is for the cellular industry, it does not look at churn or one months numbers but over all. It also bases its facts on cost to keep a consumer AT&T is paying dearly to keep its base.
    2: They speak to over all service and complaints not hearsay.
    3: I was stating facts that AT&T has issues with keeping phones on service not purchased on their network.
    4: As for T-Mobile service is what it is, as for price on a corporate bill with over 200+ phones a 50% percent discount is huge.
    5: I was with AT&T from the beginning service was always top notch and in many posts I defended them on more than one occasion.
    6: There service sucks the customer support is horrible with very long wait times and just bad support, not an opinion but fact.

MORE NEWS:

T‑Mobile Hits Nearly 5 Gbps with Another 5G First
    November 04, 2021
    In first‑ever New Radio Dual Connectivity call on a Standalone 5G network, the Un‑carrier hit speeds of 4950 Mbps
    Share on Facebook
    Share on Twitter
    Share on LinkedIn
    Standalone 5G is the future of wireless, and we are leading the charge! T-Mobile recently pulled off the world’s first 5G standalone (SA) New Radio Dual Connectivity (NR DC) data call on a commercial network. If you need help translating all that (this writer sure did), it means we combined the power of 2.5 GHz spectrum (n41) with millimeter wave (n260) to boost download speeds to nearly 5 Gbps (mind-blowing fast – like download an HD movie in the blink of an eye fast)! Our team made it all happen on the only nationwide commercial SA 5G network in the U.S.

This is just the latest in a series of 5G firsts. Among them, last year, we launched the first nationwide SA 5G network in the world. With this industry-leading network, we are paving the way for supercharged applications that require super-fast speeds, real-time responses, and massive connectivity. SA, especially when coupled with core network slicing in the future, will lead to an environment where transformative applications are made possible — things like connected self-driving vehicles, supercharged IoT, real-time translation … and things we haven’t even dreamed of yet.

T-Mobile is the leader in 5G with the country’s largest, fastest, and most reliable nationwide 5G network, covering 308 million people across 1.7 million square miles. 190 million of those people are covered by Ultra Capacity 5G, which can deliver blazing-fast speeds to more people than any other provider. Ultra Capacity 5G is widely available today, and we are on track to deploy it nationwide, covering 200 million people by the end of this year.

Click here to learn more about 5G. To check 5G coverage in your area, check out the online coverage map.
    Cool....
    11-10-21 01:59 PM