Hello. I have a hairline scratch on my screen and the frame has a couple dings. As for as usability is concerned it's still great though sometimes I have trouble with the touch screen sensor. I saw a YouTube tutorial on how to repair at home but they said that you would need something to heat up the phone to soften the glue. Is this true? I tried to call a couple places in Los Angeles / Orange County but they made it clear they don't work on BlackBerry phones. Can anyone make a suggestion? The Alibaba LCD screen / frame looks reasonably priced. Also, I was able to replace the keyboard on my Q2 so I have some experience.
    10-13-21 07:15 PM
    Hello. I have a hairline scratch on my screen and the frame has a couple dings. As for as usability is concerned it's still great though sometimes I have trouble with the touch screen sensor. I saw a YouTube tutorial on how to repair at home but they said that you would need something to heat up the phone to soften the glue. Is this true? I tried to call a couple places in Los Angeles / Orange County but they made it clear they don't work on BlackBerry phones. Can anyone make a suggestion? The Alibaba LCD screen / frame looks reasonably priced. Also, I was able to replace the keyboard on my Q2 so I have some experience.
    If you insist on fixing, buy all the parts that @the_boon has suggested to others in the past. I personally would look for a bonafide repair shop that all the other repair shops choose to sub out to or refer to for certain labor or experience.

Here in Tampa, I had one shop that 5-6 other repair shops mentioned to me. Three guys, one Egyptian, super experienced with a line out the door, literally..
    10-13-21 09:01 PM
    Keyboard (select the color you want)

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKLNpGm

LCD (select the one for the KEY2)

https://a.aliexpress.com/_ms3vfp0
    roguerebellions likes this.
    10-13-21 09:19 PM

If you don't have a hair dryer then just a bit of rubbing alcohol will do the trick.
    10-13-21 09:29 PM
    Make sure if you buy a frame that it has the side buttons intact. I ****ed myself over when I bought a broken screen KEY2 LE and replaced the screen only to find the buttons cannot be transferred.
    10-13-21 11:56 PM
    Make sure if you buy a frame that it has the side buttons intact. I ****ed myself over when I bought a broken screen KEY2 LE and replaced the screen only to find the buttons cannot be transferred.
    I haven't tried an LE, but the KEY² buttons can definitely be transferred.
    10-14-21 05:14 AM