So with this new build we got the new dedicated Google Assistant settings which brilliantly has three modes:

1. Single press
    2. Double press
    3. Long press

Each press invoke a different action. Nice!

Why on earth did they not apply the exact same implementation to the other Convenience Key setups instead of that redundant & awkwardly accessible on-screen triage of apps?

1. Single press - app or shortcut # 1
    2. Double press - app or shortcut # 2
    3. Long press - app or shortcut # 3
    @BlackBerry Mobile @BlackberrySupportTeam
    10-23-18 04:22 PM
    I just checked mine out, which I had immediately disabled. I cannot figure out the double press and long press setup. How did you set it up? What do the different presses do?

PS- by the way, cursor mode did not come up at all while typing this! Fingers crossed! Lol.
    10-23-18 05:43 PM
    I just checked mine out, which I had immediately disabled. I cannot figure out the double press and long press setup. How did you set it up? What do the different presses do?

PS- by the way, cursor mode did not come up at all while typing this! Fingers crossed! Lol.
    If you turn the Convenience Key Google Assistant settings On you will see that the setup is out of the box configured to work with short, double and long presses.

The same does not apply for the standard apps & shortcuts setups.

Some people use button mapping apps to override the out of the box system settings and create the same experience BlackBerry created for the Google Assistant setup but for some reason decided not to create for the standard apps & shortcuts setups.

I can only hope that the reason they decided to leave the standard apps & shortcuts setups the same is because they wanted to first test real life user reaction to the new settings of short, double and long presses before the roll it out to the rest of the UI which for now remain inconsistent all around...
    10-23-18 06:23 PM
    Ah, ok. Figured it out. Kinda useless for me, I access Google Assistant with "OK Google" , I do not use "Lens" and cannot setup "Walkie Talkie". I do however access apps via the convenience key several times per day.
    10-23-18 07:10 PM
    Ah, ok. Figured it out. Kinda useless for me, I access Google Assistant with "OK Google" , I do not use "Lens" and cannot setup "Walkie Talkie". I do however access apps via the convenience key several times per day.
    I do not use Google Assistant. I can type my searches directly to Google Search using my PKB thank you very much!
    10-23-18 07:21 PM
    I do not use Google Assistant. I can type my searches directly to Google Search using my PKB thank you very much!
    Aye, there's the rub! Whether it is better to speak and be heard or, alas to type and be bested by thy keyboard! Oh what woes we suffer at the hands of men! Sorry, couldn't resist a little sweet, sweet Shakespeare. Lol.
    gritsinct and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    10-23-18 07:49 PM
    Aye, there's the rub! Whether it is better to speak and be heard or, alas to type and be bested by thy keyboard!
    Ouch!! LOL.
    Crusader03 likes this.
    10-23-18 07:52 PM
    Hahaha!!! Cheers my friend!
    10-23-18 07:54 PM
    Very well put
    10-24-18 07:42 AM
    if I set up the convenience key so that each a short press calls a phone number, it works. If I set it up so that the short, double and long presses each call a different number, it doesn't - I just get little phone emblems which I need to press to make the call. If it does not work with a single press it is of no use. is there anyway around this? Many thanks.
    10-27-18 10:54 AM
    I have no idea what the hell walkie-talkie mode is on long press tried it and get nothing, and can't find anything on the Internet about Google assistant walkie-talkie
    11-01-18 02:56 PM
    I have no idea what the hell walkie-talkie mode is on long press tried it and get nothing, and can't find anything on the Internet about Google assistant walkie-talkie
    It's there. See screen shots. But apparently it doesn't work. I can't get it to work.
    11-01-18 03:38 PM