THIS IS WHAT IM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT:

My passport has 275 LOCAL contacts and 368 contacts from my Outlook account.

The new key2, has an inactive gmail I used to set up google services, and my active outlook accounts set up, but no content transfer done between phones, and magically has the following:

TruePhone app shows 272 contacts... and nothing else
    Stock Contact app shows 0 LOCAL, 414 via gmail, 377 via outlook
    SHOWS TOTAL = 790 contacts... which is WAYYYY more than my passport.

What is going on?

How did the local contacts hop phones without doing a content transfer?

I had google services sideloaded into my passport, did my contacts register to that gmail that way and then came down onto the key2 like that?

Are they duplicating with outlook? Is that why 790?

What will happen when I do the content transfer, will everything transfer over a 3rd time?

HELP, im so confused.

I want to sort this out so I can have a coherent contact list that isnt missing anything, but also not duplicating and triplicating.

Did sideloaded google services store my passport locals?
    11-18-18 02:59 AM
    I know hindsight is 20/20, but keep all of your contacts in one place. I have used my Outlook account cloud based contacts from BB10 through Windows Mobile to Android on my Key 2 with no problems.
    11-18-18 10:50 AM
    I know hindsight is 20/20, but keep all of your contacts in one place. I have used my Outlook account cloud based contacts from BB10 through Windows Mobile to Android on my Key 2 with no problems.
    thats always been my plan, I had no idea that google grabbed them up at some point. Thats why i hate google so much. I've always just used local + outllok... trying to get everything saved from local to outlook.

Do you know if there is a way to update outlook.com contacts with everything thats on the phone scattered everywhere?
    11-18-18 01:29 PM
    best way would be export your local contacts to a. vCard or whatever they export to then import them. if duplicates happen merge them. it takes a while but works. I have same issue although I never try to use local. only cloud based. if phone gets trashed you can lose those
    11-18-18 07:40 PM
    One thing to think about is Google and all social media apps want your contact info, you have to go into settings and specifically shut down contact sharing. I have a personal Gmail account and when I set it up in the Hub I set it only to sync email, NOT calendar or contacts.
    11-18-18 10:20 PM
    One thing to think about is Google and all social media apps want your contact info, you have to go into settings and specifically shut down contact sharing. I have a personal Gmail account and when I set it up in the Hub I set it only to sync email, NOT calendar or contacts.
    where do i go on the phone to un-sync calendar and contacts from gmail? The gmail I have is strictly for play store and google service use. Sure I'll let them back up the phone on their cloud for safety. But i just dont want it feeding stuff to my phone. I have no idea where to go turn those syncs off.
    11-19-18 12:19 AM
    best way would be export your local contacts to a. vCard or whatever they export to then import them. if duplicates happen merge them. it takes a while but works. I have same issue although I never try to use local. only cloud based. if phone gets trashed you can lose those
    Sounds like a plan to me. What platform should I use to merge? Just the existing contact app on the phone? Or something on my desktop? I want to work on having 1 coherent contact source on outlook cloud.
    11-19-18 12:20 AM
    Settings
    Users and accounts
    Choose Gmail account
    Sync settings
    11-19-18 02:21 AM
    did you install whatsapp? it doubles the contacts but only in the phone app.
    11-19-18 03:11 PM
    did you install whatsapp? it doubles the contacts but only in the phone app.
    Luckily I don't use whatsapp. It's just a battle between outlook.com, gmail contacts and local ones.
    11-19-18 04:09 PM
    Sounds like a plan to me. What platform should I use to merge? Just the existing contact app on the phone? Or something on my desktop? I want to work on having 1 coherent contact source on outlook cloud.
    It's been a while since I did this and it was bb10. I got a contacts app and it grabbed my contacts and then exported to a file so I could import it into outlook. Not much help really. I'm sure there are those apps android too.

I did a quick search for contacts backup and one called MCbackup looked promising
    11-19-18 08:47 PM
    Besides what mamaluka said, go into your Contacts app>3line hamburger menu in upper left>Settings. There's an Accounts list there, check the box of the account to sync with contacts and uncheck any account you don't want to sync. Also, there's the default account selection below this, select your default account.
    11-19-18 11:52 PM