replaced damaged KEY2 (but working) with a new KEY2. Contacts did not transfer over. I used the built in BlackBerry content transfer app and moved the contacts over. Now the contacts show up in the contacts app and in the phone app and can even be used to dial out but no incoming call that is a contact will show up as such, just as a caller ID phone number. Also, while all of the call history transferred over none of that syncs to the contacts either.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm about at the point of factory resetting the new phone and trying again. I'd just like to know that next time will be better.
    01-29-21 02:32 PM
    replaced damaged KEY2 (but working) with a new KEY2. Contacts did not transfer over. I used the built in BlackBerry content transfer app and moved the contacts over. Now the contacts show up in the contacts app and in the phone app and can even be used to dial out but no incoming call that is a contact will show up as such, just as a caller ID phone number. Also, while all of the call history transferred over none of that syncs to the contacts either.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm about at the point of factory resetting the new phone and trying again. I'd just like to know that next time will be better.
    Really what you should do is export those contacts to your Google account and just sync them to your devices. That way you'd never have to transfer all your contacts again.
    So to start delete the contacts on your new KEY² (provided they're still on your old KEY²). Then go into the contacts app on the old one, hit settings, contacts management, copy contacts, and copy your local contacts to your Google account. If you're signed into both devices with the same Google account, your contacts should eventually appear on the other device.

Make sure the default account in the contacts app it set to your Google account so future contacts are automatically saved to it.
    01-29-21 09:28 PM