Have had my Key2 for 2 full days now, and it's just awesome. Thought I would jot down a few initial observations that I have. Some minor negatives, but lots of positives. Currently have 65% battery and I was last plugged in 17 hrs and 39 minutes ago - SOT is only 2hrs and 19 minutes though. But still - Priv would have been dead hours ago.

These observations are either compared to my Priv, or to potential concerns that others have posted on crackberry.

Positives:
    -Keyboard feels so nice - the whole device in general has a great feel to it mostly due to bigger keys and their travel. The space bar, while it does make a different noise, is 100% functional and not loose or wobbly as others have stated.
    -Screen - whether it's android 8.1 up from 6 on Priv, using a different font, or the physical panel, the screen resolution seems smoother in terms of reading text.

Weight of device - noticeably lighter than the Priv and much better balanced when holding in one hand, but not light enough like some cheap feeling slabs.

Capactive Buttons - I think they're essential. Unless I'm typing, the phone is getting held in my right hand, and I can easily reach over and press arrow back on left side of screen at the bottom, or all 3 buttons for that matter. The Android on-screen in-app back button is always on the top left of screen, so I would have to either shuffle the device to reach with my right thumb, or use my other hand. I like having the back button always there on the bottom. I am unsure of what all the fuss was about when people realized that the navigation buttons were permanent as like the Key1's
    - No more hot potato!

Negatives:
    -Backspace button won't delete the whole text unless you start cursor at end of the text. Does that make sense? on BB10 and even Priv, you could put the cursor anywhere in your text field and hold backspace, and delete everything. When the cursor made it's way to the start, it would keep erasing the text that was ahead of it. So far, the Key2 does not do that. Once the cursor makes it's way to the start of the field, you'll have to move it at the end of it and continue - not cool
    - Recent apps screen - on Priv, if there was only a few apps open, you could press on the blank area of that screen and it would take you back to the homepage, on Key2, it does not. I have recent apps to display as tiles
    - Bluetooth - Connected to car head unit and streaming a podcast was horrible quality. It sounded distorted, no matter what combination of phone volume and head unit volume - it was almost unbearable. Connection was fine and never dropped, but quality was atrocious. Priv was night and day better.
    - Blackberry Launcher is still only way to use keyboard shortcuts without going 3rd parts apps. No Nova launcher for me at this time.

Still would like to figure out:
    - Clear notifications with a keyboard shortcut. I have an app that I can view notifications with a keyboard shortcut - it would be nice if I could clear them the same way.
    - Volume rocker seems to always default to phone ringer volume if there's no media playing - would like to know if I could default to notification volume instead of ringer volume.

-Re-label convenience key criteria - there's car, meeting, and home. I've set up home which is based off of wifi network I believe. Unsure of what constitutes a "meeting" environment - having everything on vibrate? I haven't tried car yet - is that maybe a Bluetooth connection? Anyways, why wouldn't they allow for a "work" location? For instance, as soon as I get to work, I update all my notication/ringer volumes to max as I'm in a noisey environment. BB10 and powertools was awesome as I was able to set that up through GPS and it would take care of my notification volumes automatically. Would be nice if you could add another location, or for me and my needs - eliminate the meeting aspect.

The best part is that all of the concerns for me seem to be software related and could all be addressed and potentially rectified. This phone is outstanding thus far and totally worth it. My only regret is waiting until this past Tuesday instead of last Friday to get it
    the_boon, Zolti and hamilgs like this.
    07-13-18 01:44 AM
    Thanks for posting, looking at everything you said. Mine comes tomorrow so hopefully can share some thoughts as well.
    07-13-18 02:09 AM
    PRIV was one of the most horrible BlackBerry I ever had. I have had only BlackBerry smartphones, all of them probably. Ah yes! There was the first BlackBerry with a touchscreen (a clickable touchscreen in fact) I cannot remember its name about 10 years ago. That one was worst. The Storm I think it was. What a dog!!!
    07-13-18 03:07 AM
    The Storm was considered the single biggest disaster in smartphone history in the Losing the Signal book about the rise and fall of BlackBerry.
    Mike-Mike likes this.
    07-13-18 03:09 AM
    The Edsel of smartphones, an absolute smeller from top to bottom (Stephen Fry).
    07-13-18 03:11 AM
    Have had my Key2 for 2 full days now, and it's just awesome. Thought I would jot down a few initial observations that I have. Some minor negatives, but lots of positives. Currently have 65% battery and I was last plugged in 17 hrs and 39 minutes ago - SOT is only 2hrs and 19 minutes though. But still - Priv would have been dead hours ago.

These observations are either compared to my Priv, or to potential concerns that others have posted on crackberry.

Positives:
    -Keyboard feels so nice - the whole device in general has a great feel to it mostly due to bigger keys and their travel. The space bar, while it does make a different noise, is 100% functional and not loose or wobbly as others have stated.
    -Screen - whether it's android 8.1 up from 6 on Priv, using a different font, or the physical panel, the screen resolution seems smoother in terms of reading text.

Weight of device - noticeably lighter than the Priv and much better balanced when holding in one hand, but not light enough like some cheap feeling slabs.

Capactive Buttons - I think they're essential. Unless I'm typing, the phone is getting held in my right hand, and I can easily reach over and press arrow back on left side of screen at the bottom, or all 3 buttons for that matter. The Android on-screen in-app back button is always on the top left of screen, so I would have to either shuffle the device to reach with my right thumb, or use my other hand. I like having the back button always there on the bottom. I am unsure of what all the fuss was about when people realized that the navigation buttons were permanent as like the Key1's
    - No more hot potato!

Negatives:
    -Backspace button won't delete the whole text unless you start cursor at end of the text. Does that make sense? on BB10 and even Priv, you could put the cursor anywhere in your text field and hold backspace, and delete everything. When the cursor made it's way to the start, it would keep erasing the text that was ahead of it. So far, the Key2 does not do that. Once the cursor makes it's way to the start of the field, you'll have to move it at the end of it and continue - not cool
    - Recent apps screen - on Priv, if there was only a few apps open, you could press on the blank area of that screen and it would take you back to the homepage, on Key2, it does not. I have recent apps to display as tiles
    - Bluetooth - Connected to car head unit and streaming a podcast was horrible quality. It sounded distorted, no matter what combination of phone volume and head unit volume - it was almost unbearable. Connection was fine and never dropped, but quality was atrocious. Priv was night and day better.
    - Blackberry Launcher is still only way to use keyboard shortcuts without going 3rd parts apps. No Nova launcher for me at this time.

- Clear notifications with a keyboard shortcut. I have an app that I can view notifications with a keyboard shortcut - it would be nice if I could clear them the same way.
    - Volume rocker seems to always default to phone ringer volume if there's no media playing - would like to know if I could default to notification volume instead of ringer volume.

-Re-label convenience key criteria - there's car, meeting, and home. I've set up home which is based off of wifi network I believe. Unsure of what constitutes a "meeting" environment - having everything on vibrate? I haven't tried car yet - is that maybe a Bluetooth connection? Anyways, why wouldn't they allow for a "work" location? For instance, as soon as I get to work, I update all my notication/ringer volumes to max as I'm in a noisey environment. BB10 and powertools was awesome as I was able to set that up through GPS and it would take care of my notification volumes automatically. Would be nice if you could add another location, or for me and my needs - eliminate the meeting aspect.

The best part is that all of the concerns for me seem to be software related and could all be addressed and potentially rectified. This phone is outstanding thus far and totally worth it. My only regret is waiting until this past Tuesday instead of last Friday to get it
    If there was a way to pry off the screen from the Priv and put it onto the Key2 (and function properly), I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'm loving the Key2, but I would take a larger screen any day.
    Qorax and burbunny like this.
    07-13-18 07:01 AM

Positives:

- No more hot potato!

Negatives:

Thanks very much for sharing. You still may have to place the cursor at the end of the word or words you want to delete, but are you aware you can slide your finger from right to left across the keyboard to delete whole words with a single stroke? Much nicer than having to press the delete key.
    Also you can use Nova launcher with keyboard shortcuts, just hold the Speed Key and then press the shortcut key of your choice. And going back to the home screen really isn't that important since from anywhere you can use your Speed Key to open apps with your keyboard shortcuts.
    As for the Convenience Key, it is customizable. Perhaps Meeting could be made to fit your work environment. Man, and I sure hope you get your Bluetooth sorted out. Perhaps others here can help?
    Enjoy your Key2! And thanks again for sharing your experiences.

Posted via CB10
    hamilgs likes this.
    07-13-18 07:30 AM
    If there was a way to pry off the screen from the Priv and put it onto the Key2 (and function properly), I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'm loving the Key2, but I would take a larger screen any day.
    My thoughts were the same as yours - moving to a smaller screen. But it turns out for me, that I so far haven't noticed it being an issue. I think the fact that Oreo looks more polished in terms of aesthetics, that I don't seem to be bothered by the smaller size because things just look nicer in general
    07-13-18 08:54 AM
    You don't need an app to pull down notifications. You can configure the $ key to do it.
    07-13-18 09:13 AM
    I will also mention that you can now quick reply in notification screen in BBM - which I use daily by the way - so I do like that feature. Also the notification LED is nicer now with a fade in/fade out style. It is smaller which I'm not crazy about, but the smooth fade in and out is really nice
    07-13-18 09:18 AM
    I will also mention that you can now quick reply in notification screen in BBM - which I use daily by the way - so I do like that feature. Also the notification LED is nicer now with a fade in/fade out style. It is smaller which I'm not crazy about, but the smooth fade in and out is really nice
    The LED is smaller than KEYone's???? How can it even get smaller?? Ughhh
    07-13-18 09:21 AM
    The LED is smaller than KEYone's???? How can it even get smaller?? Ughhh
    No, can't say it's smaller than the Keyone - it's smaller than the Priv. I have never owned a keyone
    07-13-18 09:28 AM
    I will also say that the on screen numeric keypad that would pop up in certain apps doesn't seem to be there either. Was really nice for banking or paypal apps when you can just slam in the #'s in the VKB with a pin pan/phone style layout. I have not seen that show up yet thus far.
    tazcubed likes this.
    07-13-18 09:35 AM
    Nice to hear the Key2 is a step up from the Priv. I'll be making the same move once my Amazon order gets here. I'm hoping for longer battery life and less lag and I believe those two will be taken care of.
    burbunny and hamilgs like this.
    07-13-18 09:51 AM
    Nice to hear the Key2 is a step up from the Priv. I'll be making the same move once my Amazon order gets here. I'm hoping for longer battery life and less lag and I believe those two will be taken care of.
    Those were both of my biggest concerns also and so far it's been incredible
    rltilley and burbunny like this.
    07-13-18 10:30 AM
    My thoughts were the same as yours - moving to a smaller screen. But it turns out for me, that I so far haven't noticed it being an issue. I think the fact that Oreo looks more polished in terms of aesthetics, that I don't seem to be bothered by the smaller size because things just look nicer in general
    I have noticed it as I have a lazy eye. I found the screen of the Passport (primarily it's the width) helped alleviate it. Nonetheless, I like the Key2 but I do consider the screen a step down. As you said, it's battery life is good (I'm getting about 36-48 hours from a full charge) and the responsiveness is snappy. Orea is definitely more polished as a whole.
    07-13-18 12:01 PM
    I side note about the Bluetooth, I have made a few phone calls in the car and they have an excellent it was just the streaming of a podcast that was poor. if anybody has some insight to this or maybe something I'm doing wrong please share. I had no issues with the Priv, so maybe there is just a setting that it incorrectly set up
    07-13-18 12:24 PM
    Can't you just tap the ALT key twice , and write all numbers that way?
    10-09-18 04:38 PM