The battery on my Passport is in it's death throes so a shiny new Key 2 arrives on Thursday. I know that I've lost Blend, but to make up for that can I make the Key 2 open the Hub with a right swipe in the same was as it does on BB10 ??

Sorry is this has been asked and answered before but I'm new to this part of Crackberry !
    06-24-19 12:42 PM
    What I did is moved my productivity tab to the left And adjusted height to where usually my thumb is. It's under productivity tab settings.
    Legal Eagle and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    06-24-19 12:45 PM
    you can do similar with an app called All In One Gestures.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    06-24-19 03:26 PM
    you can do similar with an app called All In One Gestures.
    Yep.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9fcfwykyv2...s_5.9.apk?dl=0

I use the bottom left.
    06-24-19 03:34 PM
    I noted that "All In One Gestures" requires a lot of non-related permissions. Such as the ability to take pictures and record videos, access to your devices location, or access your media files. Not sure why it would require those things, but if you fail to give it any of them the app refuses to launch.
    06-24-19 05:03 PM
    I noted that "All In One Gestures" requires a lot of non-related permissions. Such as the ability to take pictures and record videos, access to your devices location, or access your media files. Not sure why it would require those things, but if you fail to give it any of them the app refuses to launch.
    I've tracked the app - it doesn't "phone home". All good.
    Mecca EL, hamilgs and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    06-24-19 05:11 PM
    @Legal Eagle let me suggest another idea!

Download Assist Mapper, assign it as your Assist App (Settings, Apps & notifications, Default apps, Assist & voice input), configure it to launch Inbox.

Long press your home key will now launch Inbox from anywhere.

If you use Google Assist you can configure the Convenience Key to launch it using its dedicated settings.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    06-24-19 05:27 PM
    What I did is moved my productivity tab to the left And adjusted height to where usually my thumb is. It's under productivity tab settings.
    Productivity tad is eol
    06-25-19 07:41 AM
    All of these global gesture launching applications, do they take up a lot of battery? Because it sounds like having processes running all the time in the background would contribute to a major part of ones battery drain (I could be wrong).
    06-25-19 09:18 AM
    All of these global gesture launching applications, do they take up a lot of battery? Because it sounds like having processes running all the time in the background would contribute to a major part of ones battery drain (I could be wrong).
    All-in-One-Gestures doesn't even make the battery consumption list.
    hamilgs and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    06-25-19 10:30 AM
    Productivity tad is eol
    It will still work the same.
    06-25-19 11:48 AM
    for now
    06-25-19 02:45 PM
    All-in-One-Gestures doesn't even make the battery consumption list.
    Thanks Conite, sounds like a very promising option.

Initially, until I get my head round Android I think that using the Convenience Key will be my best option.

One final question for now, does Hub come pre loaded or do I have to install and activate it ?
    06-26-19 03:21 AM
    One final question for now, does Hub come pre loaded or do I have to install and activate it ?
    Pre-loaded
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    06-26-19 06:43 AM
    Thanks Conite, sounds like a very promising option.

Initially, until I get my head round Android I think that using the Convenience Key will be my best option.

The BlackBerry apps are preloaded on BlackBerry Mobile devices.
    06-26-19 06:43 AM