Hi all, just got my Key2 a couple of days and noticed a high pitch sound while calling. On further inspection i also noticed the Key2 has some minor coil whine when you put your ear next to the camera and listen carefully while the screen is on (but not calling). The coil whine goes away when opening the camera or flashlight.

Just was wondering if anybody else hears coil whine? I know it's quite normal these days, but it's the first time i notice it in a phone. Wouldn't even know it was there if it wasn't for the higher pitch while calling..
    09-18-18 02:05 PM
    Nothing here.
    09-18-18 08:11 PM
    Haven't heard it yet, only with some people but it was clearly on their side (i.e. when they unplug their earbuds it stops).
    09-19-18 12:36 AM
    Nothing here.
    09-19-18 03:52 AM
    I have noticed this during both normal phone calls, and messaging app voice calls on my Key2. Most noticeable while the dial tone is on waiting for the other end to answer the call.

Its very quite, but its always there. High pitched noise, almost like a squeaky bearing. In a loud environment I sometimes dont notice it, but when its quite around, its obvious.
    09-19-18 09:41 AM
    I have noticed this during both normal phone calls, and messaging app voice calls on my Key2. Most noticeable while the dial tone is on waiting for the other end to answer the call.

Its very quite, but its always there. High pitched noise, almost like a squeaky bearing. In a loud environment I sometimes dont notice it, but when its quite around, its obvious.
    And do you hear coils working when not in a call but with the screen on? Most noticable when you put your ear next to the camera in a quiet room.
    09-19-18 11:04 AM
    @Ainu88

I just tried it when not on a call. I can also hear the noise if the screen is on. It stops when I turn the screen off.
    09-19-18 11:10 AM
    Hi all, just got my Key2 a couple of days and noticed a high pitch sound while calling. On further inspection i also noticed the Key2 has some minor coil whine when you put your ear next to the camera and listen carefully while the screen is on (but not calling). The coil whine goes away when opening the camera or flashlight.

Just was wondering if anybody else hears coil whine? I know it's quite normal these days, but it's the first time i notice it in a phone. Wouldn't even know it was there if it wasn't for the higher pitch while calling..
    I hear it during telephone calls and also messaging app calls (like WhatsApp phone calls)

It's very annoying, as I have excellent hearing in the high kHz range. To me it's really loud.
    10-02-18 05:04 PM