I'm not sure if my space key is wobbly as such.. When I tap each side (left and right) in succession the key moves and I can hear it. Does this mean it's wobbly or are all KEY space keys like this?
    07-18-18 04:55 PM
    I'm not sure if my space key is wobbly as such.. When I tap each side (left and right) in succession the key moves and I can hear it. Does this mean it's wobbly or are all KEY space keys like this?
    That's the trademark wobble. You just tap it on either side or when using finger, print and it makes a quiet tap sound, while you do that to the rest of the keys, and no noise, as they are firmly in place.

I've also noticed on multiple units that it's clickiest in the middle, then next clickiest on the right side, and dullest, least satisfying clock on the left side.
    Last edited by markusbeutel; 07-18-18 at 06:56 PM.
    07-18-18 05:01 PM
    trademark wobble??
    07-18-18 05:11 PM
    Mine wobbles top to bottom more than left to right ...
    07-18-18 05:24 PM
    That's the trademark wobble. You just tap it on either side or when using finger, print and it makes a quiet tap sound, while you do that to the rest of the keys, and no noise, as they are firmly in place.

I've also noticed on multiple units that it's clickiest in the middle, then next clickiest on the right side, and dullest, least satisfying clock on the right side.
    I think this is "normal" for the unit, but there are some that are very wobbly. Is that your experience?
    07-18-18 05:38 PM
    My Silver K2 has no wobble. It seems a little bigger than the K1, that might make it seem a little loose, but definitely no wobble, it is firm and a joy to use.
    07-18-18 05:43 PM
    I think this is "normal" for the unit, but there are some that are very wobbly. Is that your experience?
    There are degrees of wobbly, yes. All of my Black models have had a significant wobble - silver has been the least wobbly, but still a slight wobble (and Silver had the most uneven clicks - muted/dull on left side, super click in middle, high-pitched click on right).
    07-18-18 06:57 PM
    My Silver K2 has no wobble. It seems a little bigger than the K1, that might make it seem a little loose, but definitely no wobble, it is firm and a joy to use.
    It probably doesn't have a significant wobble but when you gently run your finger along it side to side or up and down it should have a little movement i.e. it is supposed to have a little play. Also if you tap it gently (not depressing it) in a quiet room you will likely hear a slight clacking sound which isn't present on the other keys. This all appears to be normal on the so-called good devices.

If it is really clacky or wobbly that would be substandard. I've seen about 12-15 devices now and the best ones have some slight play and clacky noise in a quiet environment.

Bottom line to the OP if its a slight movement up/down or side/side then its fine based on my experience.
    07-19-18 11:47 AM
    It probably doesn't have a significant wobble but when you gently run your finger along it side to side or up and down it should have a little movement i.e. it is supposed to have a little play. Also if you tap it gently (not depressing it) in a quiet room you will likely hear a slight clacking sound which isn't present on the other keys. This all appears to be normal on the so-called good devices.

If it is really clacky or wobbly that would be substandard. I've seen about 12-15 devices now and the best ones have some slight play and clacky noise in a quiet environment.

Bottom line to the OP if its a slight movement up/down or side/side then its fine based on my experience.
    You described it well... I'm starting to get used to the wobble, but it'd definitely annoying in a quiet room (and you feel the wobble everytime you use the fingerprint sensor).

TBH it shouldn't exist on a $900 tax-in phone when the Priv, Passport, KeyOne didn't have a wobbly keyboard (Keyone's had issues though with the right side being louder than the left side).
    07-19-18 12:23 PM
    Let's put it this way they should have kept with the keyone space bar lol
    anon(4295315) and conbrio29 like this.
    07-19-18 12:25 PM
    You described it well... I'm starting to get used to the wobble, but it'd definitely annoying in a quiet room (and you feel the wobble everytime you use the fingerprint sensor).

TBH it shouldn't exist on a $900 tax-in phone when the Priv, Passport, KeyOne didn't have a wobbly keyboard (Keyone's had issues though with the right side being louder than the left side).
    The K1 had movement too but it wasn't loose or rattle. Listen to the clacky noise that Adam's makes on the podcast.
    07-19-18 12:27 PM
    The K1 had movement too but it wasn't loose or rattle. Listen to the clacky noise that Adam's makes on the podcast.
    I had the original Keyone and the Black - both were just as firm as all the other keys - the right side of both spacebars were just really loud compared to the left side.

What does worry me is that whenever I decide to resell this and upgrade - I'll have to explain to the buyer "oh.. well it's supposed to be wobbly and loose like that... I swear... that's... that's how they make them"
    anon(4295315) likes this.
    07-19-18 12:33 PM
    I had the original Keyone and the Black - both were just as firm as all the other keys - the right side of both spacebars were just really loud compared to the left side.

What does worry me is that whenever I decide to resell this and upgrade - I'll have to explain to the buyer "oh.. well it's supposed to be wobbly and loose like that... I swear... that's... that's how they make them"
    I would replace it then and get one that was tighter if it is that abnormal.
    07-19-18 12:35 PM

I've been through 5. They've all had issues - this one is probably right in the middle for wobbliness, but the click sound it makes is pretty uniform and doesn't disrupt the flow of typing. It's ridiculous that I've purchased 5, and there's been zero uniformity with respect to the spacebar.
    07-19-18 12:36 PM
    I've been through 5. They've all had issues - this one is probably right in the middle for wobbliness, but the click sound it makes is pretty uniform and doesn't disrupt the flow of typing. It's ridiculous that I've purchased 5, and there's been zero uniformity with respect to the spacebar.
    There has always been variation on BB physical keyboards from device to device.
    07-19-18 12:39 PM
    Lmaoo

But yeah the KEYone doesn't have a perfect spacebar either, all of the ones I had including the one I'm typing on right now have a slightly loose spacebar. This one I feel was worse about a month ago and now either I don't notice it or it kind of wore in better, not sure.
    My first KEYone which was a silver, build late June, the spacebar starting being REALLY loose/wobbly all of a sudden after a couple months, so I sent it in for repair. The others I've owned after didn't have theirs as loose, but still not as firm as the other keys.
    07-19-18 01:27 PM
    I think its important to discern between loose and wobbly. Some play side to side etc I think is fine. However if you can gently tap the centre of it and it makes some kind of "clacky" noise then I think that it might be loose. That probably isn't acceptable but only time will tell.
    07-19-18 01:32 PM
    I think its important to discern between loose and wobbly. Some play side to side etc I think is fine. However if you can gently tap the centre of it and it makes some kind of "clacky" noise then I think that it might be loose. That probably isn't acceptable but only time will tell.
    It's also important to discern between fact and BS, or normal tolerance versus obsessive compulsive. I guess I just lucked out then, because the first and only Key2 I bought was perfect out the box with absolutely no wobble, or any other build issue. Maybe this guy needs to check up on the credibility of the seller and the IMEI of each unit he is buying. Five in a row...really? That's EXTREMELY bad luck if you ask me. Like one in a million bad luck...
    07-19-18 01:42 PM
    It's also important to discern between fact and BS, or normal tolerance versus obsessive compulsive. I guess I just lucked out then, because the first and only Key2 I bought was perfect out the box with absolutely no wobble, or any other build issue. Maybe this guy needs to check up on the credibility of the seller and the IMEI of each unit he is buying. Five in a row...really? That's EXTREMELY bad luck if you ask me. Like one in a million bad luck...
    Partly agree. I'm guessing I've handled maybe 15 now and maybe 5 were unacceptably loose and noisy. I replaced one and the second was perfect. The fact there is a vast disparity in function makes me suspect their QC is not catching this. Will the few 'bad' ones work well into the future only time will tell. Looking for perfection I agree is likely unwarranted given the tolerances.
    07-19-18 01:59 PM
    Partly agree. I'm guessing I've handled maybe 15 now and maybe 5 were unacceptably loose and noisy. I replaced one and the second was perfect. The fact there is a vast disparity in function makes me suspect their QC is not catching this. Will the few 'bad' ones work well into the future only time will tell. Looking for perfection I agree is likely unwarranted given the tolerances.
    Well, in my case I tested out three black K2's in three different Bell stores. None of them wobbled. I purchase a silver K2. It didn't wobble either. So again, my luck is 4/4 and other people are crashing out with 5/5 bad units in a row? Or even 5/15 bad units? Maybe I should be buying lottery tickets instead of phones...
    the_boon likes this.
    07-19-18 02:30 PM
    Well, in my case I tested out three black K2's in three different Bell stores. None of them wobbled. I purchase a silver K2. It didn't wobble either. So again, my luck is 4/4 and other people are crashing out with 5/5 bad units in a row? Or even 5/15 bad units? Maybe I should be buying lottery tickets instead of phones...
    Glad that's been your limited experience.

I'm sure TCL will correct it on the fly like last year with the screen lift. The sales staff working the forum no doubt are communicating this issue to them.
    07-19-18 02:37 PM
    Glad that's been your limited experience.

I'm sure TCL will correct it on the fly like last year with the screen lift. The sales staff working the forum no doubt are communicating this issue to them.
    Limited to 100% good luck you mean? Indeed. That's exactly what I was thinking.

I suggest people use the Support Centre app on the Key2, register the device, and submit the problem to TCL prior to returning it so TCL will have a specific record of which devices are being affected. Posting here may get their attention but it won't help them determine where the 'problem' is really coming from.

I have to admit though, anyone who can manage to get their hands on 12-15 devices in the first few weeks of release, for a phone most people have trouble finding in ANY store, is a pretty impressive feat. Or on the other hand, to purchase and return five devices in the span of a week or two. Well done. I have to give you guys credit, at least you are efficient at buying, unboxing, setting up, testing, wiping, reboxing, returning, and exchanging units. I almost get tired just thinking of all the efforts expended on this...
    07-19-18 02:57 PM
    Limited to 100% good luck you mean? Indeed. That's exactly what I was thinking.

I suggest people use the Support Centre app on the Key2, register the device, and submit the problem to TCL prior to returning it so TCL will have a specific record of which devices are being affected. Posting here may get their attention but it won't help them determine where the 'problem' is really coming from.

I have to admit though, anyone who can manage to get their hands on 12-15 devices in the first few weeks of release, for a phone most people have trouble finding in ANY store, is a pretty impressive feat. Or on the other hand, to purchase and return five devices in the span of a week or two. Well done. I have to give you guys credit, at least you are efficient at buying, unboxing, setting up, testing, wiping, reboxing, returning, and exchanging units. I almost get tired just thinking of all the efforts expended on this...
    helps in my case to have an office to do some of the work lol. even still us old bb users on the forum would probably do it in any case given our passion for them.

yes you seem to have good luck. very good luck compared to those in business that i work with in addition to my own experience and those reporting on this forum.

yes i agree - for those that aren't registering and reporting that is a good plan as well as voicing it to the sales staff running CB.
    07-19-18 03:03 PM
    Purchased 4 from Rogers, 1 from Amazon. Amazon was silver version and had the firmest spacebar, but the click noise was uneven like with the Keyone.

Could be bad early batches. You're lucky you're 1/1. The Key2 for me feels like a scratch and win ticket.
    07-19-18 04:41 PM
    the keyone doesn't do this, so why does the keytwo spacebar do it?
    It can't be that much longer; it's not a seesaw for god's sake!!!!
    07-20-18 12:18 PM
30 12