Hey all

Has anyone been experiencing issues casting with your KEY2? All day it's been telling me "There was a problem connecting to ____" regardless of which device. I have a couple TVs and a Lenovo Smart Display and it isn't working with any of them.

I have already rebooted my router and each device, and casting does work with other devices like my son's phone and my Surface Pro 6.

Short of wiping my device, does anyone have ideas or suggestions?

Thanks, and Happy New Year!
    01-03-19 08:19 PM
    I know this might not be useful information but I can confirm its working fine on my Key².
    Before you do a factory wipe, perhaps try updating Chromecast and / or wipe and reset that device.
    01-03-19 10:16 PM
    Working fine here as well.
    01-04-19 12:15 PM
    Check with a different output device. mine wouldn't work with projector but would with another hdmi monitor.
    01-04-19 02:28 PM
    I cast quite a bit as it works so well.

The odd rare time I have had an issue casting, the fix was usually re-booting the device (ie TV or Chromecast) sometimes the Router and a couple of times the Key2.

..Tom
    01-04-19 03:24 PM
    I have nothing but problems with the chromecast devices in my house and i have a few:
    - Google Mini
    - one CC device on a Panasonic TV connected to an LG soundbar
    - one CC built-in on a Sony TV
    - one CC built-in on a Sony soundbar

Usually just the Sony TV is the only device listed as available. Mostly i just want to cast music from Amazon music (because it comes "free" with Amazon Prime) to the Panasonic TV and have it play on the LG soundbar. Much of the time that device doesn't show up on the list of available devices But if I tell Google to cast Spotify to the device it works even though the device doesn't show up as available. This is frustrating because i want to cast Amazon Music.

When I ask Google to cast Amazon Prime Music to the device it tells me it can't do it This is frustrating too. It will do it for Spotify but not for Amazon.

I don't like to reboot the Chromecast because it means setting it up again on Google Home. And casting to Spotify finds it anyway so i shouldn't need to reboot it. Shouldn't need to be rebooting routers and my phone either.

I hope someone has some more intelligence on these devices because all I read from Google searches is not really helpful. Most advice ends with.. make sure the devices are on the same wifi network.. end of advice.
    Last edited by Wrec; 01-04-19 at 08:05 PM.
    01-04-19 05:57 PM
    I probably should have said "restart the Chromecast device" as in un-power it count to ten and then re-power it.

..Tom
    01-05-19 08:12 AM