Hi Everyone

Can someone tell me how to re-assign the speed key to open up a different app compared to the originally assigned app that I had it on?

Thanks so much
    Andy
    07-13-18 10:30 PM
    I think you are confused between speed key (9 dots on keyboard) and the convenience key (located on right side of device). I think you mean convenience key. Because it's the one you programme to launch a specific app.

And I think it's as easy as:
    Settings / Gestures / convenience key
    07-14-18 03:18 AM
    Hi Everyone

Can someone tell me how to re-assign the speed key to open up a different app compared to the originally assigned app that I had it on?

Thanks so much
    Andy
    Bump.

I can't figure out how to reassign speedkey shortcuts either.
    07-14-18 01:26 PM
    Bump.

I can't figure out how to reassign speedkey shortcuts either.
    The Speedkey doesn't have shortcuts assigned to it. The keys of your keyboard do. You can change those in Settings.
    All the Speed Key does is allow you to use your keyboard short cuts when in an app. If in the home screen you don't need to use the Speed Key.
    07-14-18 01:39 PM
    Here is something odd though - if you have search enabled instead of short key presses, you can still assign short press speed key shortcuts, but you can't view or edit them - it tells you to disable search to use short press shortcuts, and you can't see what is currently assigned.

I noticed this because I was setting the speed key short press shortcuts to match long press shortcuts, which makes the speed key much...speedier
    Johberry and sibeans like this.
    07-14-18 02:19 PM
    Here is something odd though - if you have search enabled instead of short key presses, you can still assign short press speed key shortcuts, but you can't view or edit them - it tells you to disable search to use short press shortcuts, and you can't see what is currently assigned.

I noticed this because I was setting the speed key short press shortcuts to match long press shortcuts, which makes the speed key much...speedier
    Disabling short press keyboard if you have search enabled makes sense. How is the phone going to "know" whether you want to search or activate an app? It won't. I have search disabled just for that reason. The only way to get around this if some sort of press time length can be set. 1ms for shortcuts and 3ms for search for example.
    The Speed Key is not programmable. Maybe a long press on Speed Key could be used for keyboard search. And short press for keyboard shortcuts. That might work but not for now.
    sibeans likes this.
    07-15-18 06:10 AM
    I've been trying to figure this out too. Changing the long press shortcut in settings doesn't affect the shortcut assigned by the speed key and the chosen key.

Assigned lock device when I first pressed the speed key + T, when I go into keyboard shortcuts in settings, a different action is assigned to T.
    07-17-18 12:34 PM