Amazon Warehouse - Like New Open Box Purchase
    AT&T
    Silver KEYtwo

The capacitive keyboard will just randomly stop working. Scrolling up and down doesn't work. Side to side as well stops working.

The only fix on this I found is turning screen off (tapping power button or double tap home screen area). As soon as I turn screen back on/unlock device/fingerprint scan back on. The capacitive keyboard scrolling works again.

This happens a few times a day.

Is this a software update waiting?
    Or do I have a defective device?
    10-14-18 03:25 PM
    Sorry to hear this... I just got my new Black KEY2 Friday after ordering Wednesday from Best Buy and my capacitive keyboard is working as it should. Sounds like a defective device to me...

Bob
    10-14-18 03:46 PM
    @johnkb24 perform a factory reset.

If it doesn't work open a case with BlackBerry Mobile or return the device for replacement.
    10-14-18 04:35 PM
    I was really hoping someone would tell me a keyboard update may fix this issue.

I don't want to go through a phone swap again with BlackBerry Mobile. I already did that with my KEYone (screen lift). It was a semi painless ordeal. It's just setting up a new phone for a whole evening can be annoying and time consuming.
    10-14-18 06:37 PM
    I was really hoping someone would tell me a keyboard update may fix this issue.

I don't want to go through a phone swap again with BlackBerry Mobile. I already did that with my KEYone (screen lift). It was a semi painless ordeal. It's just setting up a new phone for a whole evening can be annoying and time consuming.
    It's time consuming no doubt but IMO factory reset followed by a device exchange is the only course of action.
    10-14-18 07:27 PM
    It's time consuming no doubt but IMO factory reset followed by a device exchange is the only course of action.
    Yup, a factory reset should rule out if it's a software issue.
    10-15-18 03:03 AM
    i had to return my phone as well. First bbkey2 keyword no working on the middle of keyboard (swipes up and from middle to left). second key2 is better, but still I'm not satisfied. I read that some other key2 users have same issue that's why I expect that is some bug, but still not fixed
    10-15-18 04:11 PM