Has anyone a fix for a Key2 that will not send texts, without toggling flight mode on and off? This works to send a single sms text, it's a workaround but pretty annoying. The problem appeared about 10 days ago, before that the phone worked perfectly.

I have tried a new SIM, factory reset the phone, reset network etc. The SIM works fine to send texts in my old keyone, so the problem seems to be the Key2, not the Sim or carrier.
    10-08-19 02:18 PM
    Has anyone a fix for a Key2 that will not send texts, without toggling flight mode on and off? This works to send a single sms text, it's a workaround but pretty annoying. The problem appeared about 10 days ago, before that the phone worked perfectly.

I have tried a new SIM, factory reset the phone, reset network etc. The SIM works fine to send texts in my old keyone, so the problem seems to be the Key2, not the Sim or carrier.
    Did you try another SMS app? Did you verify your APN settings?
    10-08-19 02:47 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions; did try another sms app and the problem remained. not sure about APN settings, will check those.
    10-08-19 03:29 PM
    We've experienced a similar problem on two Key2 since ACD175 patch. We found we could send on 3G network but not when 4G was available. our work around has been to disable IMS setting and they both send fine now. BlackBerry Mobile are just blaming me for using a UK and Euro spec phones in NZ, but the software is highly unstable elsewhere (split screen opens randomly all on its own)
    10-09-19 03:11 PM
    Thanks, I'm in NZ as well; the fix works
    10-09-19 06:34 PM
    I've now had confirmation from BlackBerry support (TCL) that they have elevated the problem to Tech 3 team who or whatever that is!
    swadarshan likes this.
    10-12-19 08:53 PM