The tool is useless and it starts bending, I can't insert my sim card on the device.
    I'm confused as to what to do now. Send the mobile back and ask for a new one ?
    11-27-18 06:51 AM
    Try it a different way.

Hold the phone with the sim tray facing down and the tool in the hole. Press down on the tool with the tool pressing on the table. You can hold the tool upright with one hand pressing the phone down with the other.

This gives you more control and has worked for others.
    rarsen likes this.
    11-27-18 07:43 AM
    it is definitely not easy to open. I find a small paperclip used gently works best.
    11-27-18 07:49 AM
    The tool is useless and it starts bending, I can't insert my sim card on the device.
    I'm confused as to what to do now. Send the mobile back and ask for a new one ?
    Try with a paper clip if the sim tool bends. It may be a bit stiff the first time but it should eventually come free. Just be gentle with it but put the necessary force where needed.
    11-27-18 08:22 AM
    push in.
    11-27-18 09:03 AM
    push in.
    This.
    sorgo likes this.
    11-27-18 09:11 AM
    This.
    This ^

I struggled with it too since KeyOne. You don't need to pull the sim tray, you need to push directly into the place under the tiny whole to release the tray.
    11-27-18 09:45 AM
    Couldn't do it. I gave up and went to some store and have someone fix it for me, they gave me another tool that works better too. So far the Key2 is awesome but damn this part was annoying. ;(
    Thanks for your replies guys, much love. ♥
    the_boon likes this.
    11-27-18 11:19 AM
    The Key2's sim tray is definitely a bit stiff and needs to be broken-in. It'll free up more as you tinker with it.
    rarsen likes this.
    11-27-18 12:00 PM
    Couldn't do it. I gave up and went to some store and have someone fix it for me, they gave me another tool that works better too. So far the Key2 is awesome but damn this part was annoying. ;(
    Glad to read that you fixed the problem !
    I had same issue, I spent more than 2 hours to open the tray using finally a paper clip since I have destroyed 2 tools....
    11-27-18 04:17 PM
    I found using a safety pin works best on my key2. I don't know if it's recommend due to the sharp tip. I can say that after removing the Sim tray a couple of times it definitely gets easier.
    rarsen likes this.
    11-27-18 07:39 PM
    Had the same issue, I sent mine back only for them o return to me a day later, they called me and said it was fine and they managed to open it, the bloody sim ejection tool bent, it should be easier for sure, I found afterwards it opened easily enough
    11-28-18 11:30 AM
    Yes, the sim tool provided is not really effective at doing its job. Need a stronger one if you want to initially get it out with no effort. It takes quite some time and perhaps a little pain on the fingers to get it to pop using the provided tool. But as folks said, once you are able to get it open a few times, it does get easier.
    11-28-18 11:48 AM
    Yes, the sim tool provided is not really effective at doing its job. Need a stronger one if you want to initially get it out with no effort. It takes quite some time and perhaps a little pain on the fingers to get it to pop using the provided tool. But as folks said, once you are able to get it open a few times, it does get easier.
    That's what she said
    11-28-18 01:14 PM
    Most phone stores have the bulky Sim key, even heavier duty than the iPhone key. Damn I want one of those.
    eiruvrav likes this.
    11-28-18 01:46 PM
    Most phone stores have the bulky Sim key, even heavier duty than the iPhone key. Damn I want one of those.
    Nothing that can't be found on eBay lol
    Crusader03 likes this.
    11-28-18 03:08 PM
    Nothing that can't be found on eBay lol
    I hear ya boon. Just a little bitter that my $928Cdn BlackBerry K2 did not provide a decent one! Lol.
    11-28-18 03:53 PM
    Also, and very important, is to vacuum out or blow out the slot to ensure no filing gum up the works. I too had a tough time with my slot the first time.
    11-28-18 03:57 PM
    Just to add something here... I found after some time the battery in these phones with age and use may start to swell or bloat up. After a while of swelling up the battery starts to put pressure or force between the back cover and the circuit board beneath it. When the force becomes strong enough the buttons may be more difficult to press, and the SIM tray may start becoming difficult to remove and press back in.

I have seen the battery in a phone swell up enough to push off the back cover of the phone, or press so much pressure on the circuit board and thus by pushing out on the circuit board the display can be lifted off of its mounting.

We have three phones where the battery swelled up so much it pushed the back cover from them. The buttons are now difficult to press, and to get the SIM tray out I will have to first remove the battery. I had one phone where the swelling split the back cover down the center.
    08-17-19 10:27 PM
    you might have a sealed tight waterproof dustproof sim tray???? :-) well, whats the use, the pkb is not water/dust proof anyway.
    08-18-19 12:22 AM