I had my Key2 "fixed" because I thought that Wifi-Bug (which I am still experiencing on latest Update ABL911) was a hardware issue. So service put in a new Mainboard on warranty and now I can't install Instagram anymore. Is this related to the new mainboard somehow or is there a new version of Instagram which does not support Key2 anymore?

Can't install Instagram on Key2-key2_instagram.jpg
    01-09-19 06:28 AM
    Have you tried installing it directly from the PlayStore App on the phone?
    hamilgs likes this.
    01-09-19 09:20 AM
    Had the same issue with my unit (from the very first production batches). Tried all sorts of solutions proposed but eventually had to use Instagram via a browser link on my desktop.
    Could not find any other solution that would work for me until I returned back the phone .
    There’s must be a separate thread around here with the description of this issue.
    01-10-19 04:18 PM
    Had the same issue with my unit (from the very first production batches). Tried all sorts of solutions proposed but eventually had to use Instagram via a browser link on my desktop.
    Could not find any other solution that would work for me until I returned back the phone .
    There’s must be a separate thread around here with the description of this issue.
    Have you tried downloading and installing Instagram from APKMirror?
    01-10-19 04:41 PM
    Have you tried downloading and installing Instagram from APKMirror?
    Damn, you beat me to it.

I used to use apkmirror alot but now I prefer apkpure, it's just faster and less clicks and waiting to get to the actual download.
    01-10-19 07:38 PM
    Yes I did. I actually tried two different versions (the latest at that time, and an older one) without any success.
    Anyway, had to return it as it had many connectivity and reception issues, among others. And, not having the patience to give it a try with another device I switched to a totally different one. But my love for BB keeps me coming back to crackberry to keep up with your updates on the BB devices!
    01-11-19 12:46 AM
    Yes I did. I actually tried two different versions (the latest at that time, and an older one) without any success.
    Anyway, had to return it as it had many connectivity and reception issues, among others. And, not having the patience to give it a try with another device I switched to a totally different one. But my love for BB keeps me coming back to crackberry to keep up with your updates on the BB devices!
    The KEY2 LE might give you the best cell reception, due to the polycarbonate body
    01-12-19 07:16 PM
    If you are one of the unfortunates that have to use the browser, I would like to recommend getting "Direct" for instagram. It is like messenger for Facebook. It works awesome. You should be able to find it at APK Mirror
    01-12-19 11:25 PM
    I agree ! great bummer !!!! and the apps didn't mirror from the key 2 le, I had to re store my home screen myself. I love the key board and there isn't a forward facing flash on this device another bummer , key one I feel is a better phone but this processor must be the better one and more ram , I miss the camera is the key one.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    01-13-19 10:00 AM
    Thanks for all your answers. (I didn't check up for a while). I admit the key2 at times is really annoying with its weird bugs and BBs lack of reachable support.
    I installed the apkmirror version. It works. Guess I have to check for updates manually :/
    01-17-19 11:34 AM
    Thanks for all your answers. (I didn't check up for a while). I admit the key2 at times is really annoying with its weird bugs and BBs lack of reachable support.
    I installed the apkmirror version. It works. Guess I have to check for updates manually :/
    I have found the instagram app preloads video and uses too much data anyway. I use the "Direct" for instagram messages and the Web version to browse on cellular. I only use the app on wifi (disabled cellular in app settings) so not much of a difference since the app switches you to Direct seamlessly when checking messages.
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 01-20-19 at 01:04 PM.
    01-19-19 11:37 PM
    I have found the instagram app preloads video and uses too much data anyway. I use the "Direct" for instagram messages and the Web version to browse on cellular. I only use the app on wifi (disabled cellular in app settings) so not much of a difference since the app switches you to Direct seamlessly when checking messages.
    You can disable video preloading in the app.
    01-20-19 03:01 PM
    You can disable video preloading in the app.
    Care to share where?
    01-20-19 03:26 PM
    Just last night I decided to try and install instagram with no luck as well. I had forgotten this was an issue but was quickly reminded. As I mentioned above I just installed Direct by instagram from APK mirror then saved a shortcut to instagram on the Web from kiwi browser and I'm good to go until there is a fix if there ever will be one. Not going to hold my breath for BlackBerry mobile lol.
    02-13-19 02:23 AM
    Can't install Instagram, one of @BlackBerry Mobile primary marketing platforms and now we can't install Pandora either...

What's next? We can't install Hub???
    02-13-19 02:42 AM
    Can't install Instagram, one of @BlackBerry Mobile primary marketing platforms and now we can't install Pandora either...

What's next? We can't install Hub???
    Hey, just noticed this, but Pandora Music is showing up as installable again in the Play Store on mine.
    02-13-19 05:21 AM
    same with Instagram here. Just downloaded from apkmirror.
    02-13-19 06:35 AM
    same with Instagram here. Just downloaded from apkmirror.
    Thanks for the tip. I just went to APK Mirror and downloaded Instagram and installed. As I said earlier I disabled cellular data for the App and only use the Web version when not on my home WiFi to save data. Instagram App pre downloads all the video. Someone chimed in saying you can turn that feature off but I have not yet found it.
    Vistaus likes this.
    02-13-19 07:04 AM
    Thanks for the tip. I just went to APK Mirror and downloaded Instagram and installed. As I said earlier I disabled cellular data for the App and only use the Web version when not on my home WiFi to save data. Instagram App pre downloads all the video. Someone chimed in saying you can turn that feature off but I have not yet found it.
    I was the one who told you that. Can't find it anymore. But then again, I'm on the beta so maybe it was an experimental feature that they now removed.
    02-13-19 12:14 PM
    I was the one who told you that. Can't find it anymore. But then again, I'm on the beta so maybe it was an experimental feature that they now removed.
    I think I found it in the one I found at APK Mirror but not the one on my Oneplus from the play store

Correction........ I found the setting. Don't know why I could not find it before. Thy my friend.
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 02-13-19 at 11:08 PM.
    02-13-19 05:42 PM
    I had my Key2 "fixed" because I thought that Wifi-Bug (which I am still experiencing on latest Update ABL911) was a hardware issue. So service put in a new Mainboard on warranty and now I can't install Instagram anymore. Is this related to the new mainboard somehow or is there a new version of Instagram which does not support Key2 anymore?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	key2_instagram.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	442337
    I have a K2 Rogers Wireless and Insta app works just fine no issues!
    02-13-19 07:16 PM
    Just got my Key2 and can't install Instagram. it just says "device not compatible anymore" in the Play Store? This is a UK version 100-1 being used in the US.

However, I have a Key2 LE from Best Buy 100-5 and Instagram is fully installable and there in the Play Store? Any ideas?

I would rather use the Key2 but not sure if there are any issues trying to use the UK model here in California? Thanks
    02-20-19 09:08 PM
    Just got my Key2 and can't install Instagram. it just says "device not compatible anymore" in the Play Store? This is a UK version 100-1 being used in the US.

However, I have a Key2 LE from Best Buy 100-5 and Instagram is fully installable and there in the Play Store? Any ideas?

I would rather use the Key2 but not sure if there are any issues trying to use the UK model here in California? Thanks
    I'm having the same issue with a new key2 100-2
    03-07-19 10:37 AM