Just received my new Key2 and the SIM card tray will not open. It does pop open a smidge but not enough to open it out. Have tried numerous times. Totally bummed out by this as I want to love this device. Any ideas or similar experience?
    08-08-18 02:06 PM
    Yup, mine was a little stiff when I opened it for the first time. I had to pry gently until it came out, then inserted and ejected it a couple of times and it now works like a charm. Blew it out to make sure no filings were left in.
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    08-08-18 04:36 PM
    08-08-18 04:36 PM
    Sent it back to Amazon for a replacement. Design flaw or bad build. Will see how the second one goes.
    08-08-18 04:55 PM
    My SIM card tray was stuck too. You really need to push just a bit harder.
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    08-08-18 06:49 PM
    Same here first time was tough to open.
    08-08-18 08:55 PM
    Sent it back to Amazon for a replacement. Design flaw or bad build. Will see how the second one goes.
    I hope sending back turns out to be the right choice. Many posts about the sim tray being stiff/tight and that slowly prying it up until you can grip it works. Then, inserting and ejecting it a few times seems to loosen it up.

Not sure I would have returned in this case before having a good luck at the phone with so many spacebar keyboard issues out there. I guess what I am trying to say is I hope you didn't send back a phone with a perfect screen and excellent keyboard for the sake of a stiff sim tray only for the replacement to come with a wobbly spacebar and or other potential issues. And, it may likely have a stiff sim tray as well
    08-08-18 09:41 PM
    Pushed the opener hard enough that I bent the tool! So, I see know way that I could have opened that one up. Tried angling the opener in to try and pull it out but to no avail. If the next one is this bad, then I will cancel the order and keep my BB classic.
    08-09-18 05:35 AM
    I had exactly same problem..worked about 1 hr on it....went to bed..next morning worked another hour ..tried push..pull.with provided key which I found very flimsy..and a paperclip..no avail Back to store ,watched as it was opened VERY easily with their key ...asked for THEIR key (to keep)..came home second attempt ..open ..no problem What can I say..the provided key is too flimsy..the paperclip might work in some cases but not mine and the Bell store key worked like magic..it was a heavier key !!!!
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    08-09-18 10:26 AM
    I had exactly same problem..worked about 1 hr on it....went to bed..next morning worked another hour ..tried push..pull.with provided key which I found very flimsy..and a paperclip..no avail Back to store ,watched as it was opened VERY easily with their key ...asked for THEIR key (to keep)..came home second attempt ..open ..no problem What can I say..the provided key is too flimsy..the paperclip might work in some cases but not mine and the Bell store key worked like magic..it was a heavier key !!!!
    I've had issues like that with sim trays and usually pry it open on both sides with something thin once it comes out a hair, at which point it flings across the room like a champagne bottle cork.
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    08-10-18 09:08 AM
    Replacement phone arrived and had same issue. But I was determined to get it open as I now knew this to be a common issue. Eventually figured a way to keep the flimsy key from bending and was successful in opening it.

Did they let you keep the good key? Any info on it as I'd like to get one for swapping memory cards.

Now the painful part begins. Syncing data spread across Mac platform and a BB Classic!
    08-11-18 12:25 PM
    has anyone found a proper solution to this issue? been trying for hours now. With the key provided, with the iPhone one, with a paper clip but still nothing. ideas?
    08-24-18 07:56 AM
    has anyone found a proper solution to this issue? been trying for hours now. With the key provided, with the iPhone one, with a paper clip but still nothing. ideas?
    Had exactly same issue on mine , black color !
    It took me more of an hour of attempts, two destroyed tools and finally managed to take it out with a paper clip.
    You have to push it really hard to take it out !
    08-24-18 01:57 PM
    Had exactly same issue on mine , black color !
    It took me more of an hour of attempts, two destroyed tools and finally managed to take it out with a paper clip.
    You have to push it really hard to take it out !
    Hopefully no damage being down internally with all that pressure and the potential to improperly angle the tool trying to eject it.
    08-24-18 07:27 PM
    Hopefully no damage being down internally with all that pressure and the potential to improperly angle the tool trying to eject it.
    Fortunately had no damage apart of the tray at one of its ends very slightly bended.
    08-24-18 09:41 PM
    Hahaha, now that the camera is kinda decent, the big issue is Sim tray removal! Yeah, had to push quite hard to get it started. Granted, that is a build quality issue, but by no means a reason to return. To a previous post, I too used my iPhone 6 ejection tool which is way thicker and stronger, worked like a charm.
    08-24-18 11:39 PM
    This worked for me instantly!
    10-18-18 03:23 PM
    OkanaganMike - That WORKS! Excellent! Thank you.

I just got my KEY2 yesterday afternoon. It took me off/on over an hour to get the SIM tray drawer to pop-out even a smidgen. It is the roughest tray I have ever removed. Struggling with the thing again tonight to get a larger SD card in.

The reason I bought a KEY2 is because the battery in my KEY1 decided to nearly catch fire on Friday, 10-26-18. It burned the phone and will not charge now.
    10-30-18 10:45 PM
    jjf888 - I bent my tool, too. OkanaganMike has the solution. It worked on mine.
    10-30-18 10:50 PM