When I hit the Home button when a video is playing in Chrome or VLC, I get my Home screen but the video does not appear in a PiP at the bottom of the screen like it is supposed to according to articles on this new feature in Oreo. Anyone else having this issue? I know that it doesn't work for YouTube unless you subscribe but it is supposed to work with Chrome.
    10-08-18 06:08 PM
    It all depends on the app you're using. If the app has built the feature to run the video in picture-in-picture, then it'll work. I can't see VLC for Android offers that yet in their description.

I use YouTube Red and that works just fine. Also if you use Samsung Browser, on video playback, it gives you option to play as pop-up.
    10-08-18 06:15 PM
    At least one article I read said Chrome and VLC would work. But I agree with you that an app would have to have built-in support to work properly.
    10-08-18 06:42 PM
    You must go full screen on most apps that support it first, then hit the home button. For VLC, hit the three dots and there's an option to turn it on. The standard YouTube app supports picture in picture without subscribing. Go to YouTube settings, under general, and turn the option on.
    10-09-18 10:55 AM
    You must go full screen on most apps that support it first, then hit the home button. For VLC, hit the three dots and there's an option to turn it on. The standard YouTube app supports picture in picture without subscribing. Go to YouTube settings, under general, and turn the option on.
    Couldn't find option on settings to turn it on.
    10-09-18 11:02 AM
    Couldn't find option on settings to turn it on.
    It's only available for free in the United States; in all other countries, you need to subscribe to YouTube Premium before PiP becomes available in the settings.
    10-09-18 12:11 PM
    It's only available for free in the United States; in all other countries, you need to subscribe to YouTube Premium before PiP becomes available in the settings.
    Ah, ok. Thanks,
    10-09-18 12:16 PM