Hello guys,

I am a minimalist who hate the battery drain caused by the Google serviecs. my DTEK50 runs for full week now without charging (I disabled the g.services)!!!.

Can you please tell me how the Key2 reacts when you completely disable the google services?

Do the built-in apps keep working?

Can you still receive calls, SMS, Emails....

Thank you very much
    06-09-18 11:30 PM
    Bit silly but it will work as a phone. You won't be able to update or install any apps. Phone will power up, will receive text messages etc but how f.e. how you going to install WhatsApp and keep it updated w/o Google services??
    Nizar Maaroufi likes this.
    06-10-18 04:41 AM
    how you going to install WhatsApp and keep it updated w/o Google services??
    I only need the Data, GSM, Camera and the browser I enjoy the battery lasting.

By the way, so far I can install any app I want using the APKs
    06-10-18 05:51 AM
    Bit silly but it will work as a phone. You won't be able to update or install any apps. Phone will power up, will receive text messages etc but how f.e. how you going to install WhatsApp and keep it updated w/o Google services??
    You would use fdroid and download yalp store which is google Playstore without google.
    06-10-18 06:08 AM
    Most of the apps in particularly BlackBerry are available from apkmirror, f-droid will give you open Source software.
    Yandex might stretch it a bit unless you really do trust Russia.
    And without Google protect running, it would be wise to have an anti-virus service that is not from the five eyes countries.
    Kaspersky Russian, Cheater Chinese (dodgy do not install Cheater), f-secure from Finland that is part of the 15 eyes countries, AVG and Avast from the former Eastern Bloc. Avast is high ranking.
    Then you should consider Polaris Office which is Korean (note that Polaris Drive now sleeps on the AWS bed USA) or even WPS which is Chinese Hong Kong.
    If you are doing away with Microsoft Office think twice before using OfficeSuite from mobisystems because they are also American (probably the best alternative).
    AndroOffice is based on OpenOffice and they do have a port of libreoffice.
    And there are a number of other non American Android app stores.
    Last edited by nevilleadaniels; 08-15-19 at 05:17 AM.
    Nizar Maaroufi likes this.
    06-10-18 06:42 AM
    I only need the Data, GSM, Camera and the browser I enjoy the battery lasting.

By the way, so far I can install any app I want using the APKs
    You can use APKs, yes, but is it going to be convenient?? What about updates to the OS level apps?? Most if not all are distributed via PlayStore that require Google Services...
    06-10-18 06:46 AM