My home office IT people are breaking my chops non-stop. First about my laptop, and now about PDA's/cell phones/etc. They -- unofficially -- would like everyone to move to the Apple iPhone. Makes their world easier, and cheaper I am sure.

THat said, they are no longer supporting this BYOD model and if I want to continue with that route, then I have to do the due diligence on my own. They are asking me if my unlocked BB Key2...will work with Microsoft Intune Company Portal? Apparently, this is the "app" or whatever, that they use to have my work emails flow through to my device...of course so they can monitor, store, and have access to them. LOL.

So, any help here? Does anyone know if these two will play nice in the sandbox? Thanks.
    09-21-18 12:01 PM
    I don't know for sure, but I can't see why not. It's just an Android device like any other and it can run the apps needed.
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    09-21-18 12:33 PM
    Yes it works. I have my BYOD Key2 using the Intune for company emails. If you have options to use MS Outlook or Hub, go with the Hub. Outlook can be set up as a separate container, but with Hub you'll see your private calendar together with the work one.
    09-21-18 01:04 PM
    I don't know for sure, but I can't see why not. It's just an Android device like any other and it can run the apps needed.
    Thank you. My PITA corporate IT department said that the BB "may have certain software that could interfere with" this specific MS app. They also said it "might have certain software that could interfere" with their monitoring, access, security, etc.

Thanks again.
    09-21-18 01:29 PM
    Yes it works. I have my BYOD Key2 using the Intune for company emails. If you have options to use MS Outlook or Hub, go with the Hub. Outlook can be set up as a separate container, but with Hub you'll see your private calendar together with the work one.
    Thank you...so, the corporate email comes through a Gmail app (if that's the right word). Now, it is not a gmail address nor does it have anything to do with gmail...but when I open up the icon on my home screen, even though it is going through this portal thing -- it is coming through a gmail app. Does that make sense?

Who is your carrier? I don't know if they will let me use MS Outlook. The Hub thing -- while it seems very useful, powerful, etc. -- it also seems confusing to me, that is, with me being a tech idiot, LOL. I open the hub and everything is there. It's hard to follow. I just like opening my email and looking at email. If I want to read texts, I go to another icon. I like to keep life simple. LOL.

I don't have a separate calendar for work and personal. All one in the same. LOL. Thanks again.
    09-21-18 01:34 PM
    Hello all -- so, I am sorry bother the resident experts again, however, now my corporate IT department is saying something different. First, they said the only thing I had to worry about and check was whether or not this Android device -- and I told them is was the BB Key2, unlocked, BYOD to AT&T (I am jumping ship from VZW) -- was that it had to accommodate and work with Microsoft Intune Company Portal.

Now they are telling me no BlackBerry...they said there is something about BlackBerry that doesn't allow it to pay nice and work with whatever stuff they have going on in the home office. I said it's Android, and they said a BB Android will have differences with a Samsung Android. I said, as long as I can get my emails, sync with my laptop, Office 365, and you guys have your security and compliance taken care of -- what's the problem.

They said they are looking into it. Sound reasonable? The BB Key2 and a home office IT department has a problem with it? I don't have to use any proprietary software or apps on the device. I keep, read, and send emails, use the calendar, contacts, use it for a phone, and the rest is personal, normal, nonsense stuff...and the Microsoft Intune Company Portal allows them to connect the email thing.

All I need to is for the device and the above listed things (email, contacts, calendar, etc.) to sync with my laptop's Office 365. What's the big deal? Thanks.
    10-05-18 04:21 PM