I know we saw a leak of the key2. But I wouldn't define the KEYone as an icon. Do you think the KEYone is an icon?

Chen already teased a desire to see the Bold rebooted. The Bold was an icon. Can anyone agree that there is a small chance that the Bold will get rebooted?

I know it's probably the key2 announcement, but I think there is a tiny chance they may announce the Bold.
    DWonder and toddshillington like this.
    05-14-18 08:50 PM
    You'd think the key and two emojis in the BB Mobile tweet (not to mention the big "BlackBerry KEY2" in the bottom right of the image attached to the tweet) would be enough hints.
    05-14-18 09:01 PM
    I know we saw a leak of the key2. But I wouldn't define the KEYone as an icon. Do you think the KEYone is an icon?

Chen already teased a desire to see the Bold rebooted. The Bold was an icon. Can anyone agree that there is a small chance that the Bold will get rebooted?

I know it's probably the key2 announcement, but I think there is a tiny chance they may announce the Bold.
    That makes alotta sense. KEYone, an icon? I kno anything resembling a Bold is a long shot to say the least but as always...time will tell. Or in this case, June 7th will tell, lol.
    05-14-18 09:41 PM

Apparently BBMo might see the KEYone as an icon....

You're not wrong for drawing an inference. I mean the spoiler even goes as far to say KEY2... and it does not mention another device... so yeah they're paying homage to their first pkb device.

Or in general, the "icon reborn line" for generality it pays tribute to a pkb phone being available... again... XD

No I do not think the keyone is a icon.

Since you mentioned it, arguably to many, an icon is the Bold.

I do not think a bold is being announced but fwiw, if at this said announcement the KEY2 moniker was to symbolize not only the the successor to KEYone, but also that TWO physical keyboard devices are to be released; then the icon to me would be one that ditches the touch capacitive triangle-circle-square keys in favor of a toolbelt return (extremely wishful thinking).

Mind you, there will never be a bold with blackberry os again though. The bold of future day would definitely be android. Anyways I could care less about the OS war now that blackberry Ltd has left the building.

I'd just like to see the 9900 toolbelt and better cameras ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On a more realistic note launching two devices at this event could rebirth an icon, even absent a toolbelt.

What's necessary is a device with a low-cost point.

What's desired though is that toolbelt (IMO).

Beefed up specs are not a selling point to me.

We know there is two pkb devices coming; one of which is purported to maintain the 625 SD used in the keyone (I believe); of which will be MORE than adequate for users looking to make a return to a PKB; and at a price that won't be contemplated.

Now what would really rebirth an icon is carrier sales & support day 1!

To use the BlackBerry name begets nothing less!
    DWonder and LaithR like this.
    05-14-18 09:45 PM
    Why is everyone hanging onto this "icon reborn" thing so much? I get it, you all don't think the KEYone was an icon. Maybe the "icon" they are talking about is the pkb. This is their second one so it's reborn. Who really cares? It's the KEY2 and not a bold, Passport, classic or the other things people are writing about in the forums.
    05-14-18 11:23 PM
    Keyone and icon? I think this is really premature.... maybe an icon of the screen issues!!! Lol!!

I am really curious anyway to see the next smartphones that TLC will be presenting. Forza TLC!!

Posted via CB10
    apt-get likes this.
    05-21-18 02:56 AM
    Keyone and icon? I think this is really premature.... maybe an icon of the screen issues!!! Lol!!

I am really curious anyway to see the next smartphones that TLC will be presenting. Forza TLC!!

Posted via CB10
    Is it an icon of screen issues though? 'Cause the Passport also had the same screen issues.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    05-21-18 03:23 AM
    Is it an icon of screen issues though? 'Cause the Passport also had the same screen issues.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    So true. At least TCL acknowledged the screen issue and sorted it out. Passport wasn't that lucky.
    05-21-18 04:02 AM
    If this phone is not Bold like than calling it an icon is just plain inaccurate.
    Last edited by flyersfan76; 05-30-18 at 09:23 AM.
    05-25-18 09:45 AM
    The Bold 9900 was definitely an icon but its camera was dump as they traded autofocus system for reducing the thickness which was foolish (they called it all in focus back then) the Bold 9780 infact has a better camera with autofocus.

The Keyone may not be an icon but it was definitely a come back for Blackberry after many years of only loss.

I dont understand about he screen issue on the Keyone. Are you refering to the screen falling of on those initial models? That problem was fixed in later models. Also froma repair point of view I would like them to use the Pull Tabs for attaching the battery for Key2 as it seigificantly helps easier replacement of battery. Repairability of the device is also important.
    05-27-18 12:39 AM
    My guess is that bbmobile thinks the nature of the key2 is very similar to the Bold....due to some characteristics like the keys and maybe the way a track pad is incorporated? We will see soon enough. Inherently though, what I like is that bbmobile is starting to "feel" what a productive phone is about.
    05-27-18 12:50 AM
    My guess is that bbmobile thinks the nature of the key2 is very similar to the Bold....due to some characteristics... bbmobile is starting to "feel" what a productive phone is about.
    This is closer to my interpretation of the "icon reborn" statement; the "icon" part referring to the BlackBerry devices of old, whether that be the many models of the Bold or Curve or even devices before those i.e. a full qwerty keyboard business oriented device. The "reborn" part is the KEY2, an update on the iconic device.

You might compare it to when Mini's were produced under BMC, British Leyland and Rover Group. Then when Rover when down the pan BMW took over, scrapped Rover, kept the Mini brand name and manufactured a completely new car with the styling of the old one and stuck a MINI badge on it. That was an icon reborn. Where I would draw a distinction between these two cases is that at least with the KEYone and KEY2 we're getting a little bit of actual BlackBerry with our Android.

---={////]--[ Dispensed on my BlackBerry Passport 
    05-27-18 03:44 AM
    Why is everyone hanging onto this "icon reborn" thing so much? I get it, you all don't think the KEYone was an icon. Maybe the "icon" they are talking about is the pkb. This is their second one so it's reborn. Who really cares? It's the KEY2 and not a bold, Passport, classic or the other things people are writing about in the forums.
    Agree - the icon is the PKB and BlackBerry
    05-27-18 08:21 AM
    This is closer to my interpretation of the "icon reborn" statement; the "icon" part referring to the BlackBerry devices of old, whether that be the many models of the Bold or Curve or even devices before those i.e. a full qwerty keyboard business oriented device. The "reborn" part is the KEY2, an update on the iconic device.

You might compare it to when Mini's were produced under BMC, British Leyland and Rover Group. Then when Rover when down the pan BMW took over, scrapped Rover, kept the Mini brand name and manufactured a completely new car with the styling of the old one and stuck a MINI badge on it. That was an icon reborn. Where I would draw a distinction between these two cases is that at least with the KEYone and KEY2 we're getting a little bit of actual BlackBerry with our Android.

---={////]--[ Dispensed on my BlackBerry Passport 
    Exactly.
    TCM01 likes this.
    05-27-18 08:27 AM
    There is no doubt they are referring to BlackBerry and the PKB. It's so obvious I don't why others don't see it.
    05-27-18 08:29 AM
    There is no doubt they are referring to BlackBerry and the PKB. It's so obvious I don't why others don't see it.
    Because sometimes people see what they want to see.
    05-27-18 08:32 AM
    Because sometimes people see what they want to see.
    So if June 7 came around and they DID say the KEY2 Lite will resemble the Bold / Classic...we woulda been right, lol. It's better to hope but not expect than to give up and be surprised. Lol
    05-27-18 09:53 AM
    I thought the same thing but I doubt it. The thought was there!
    05-27-18 12:45 PM
    So if June 7 came around and they DID say the KEY2 Lite will resemble the Bold / Classic...we woulda been right, lol. It's better to hope but not expect than to give up and be surprised. Lol
    Like the saying goes...you can wish in one hand and s**t in the other and see which one gets filled up first. If it is a bold though, I will be the first one to admit I'm wrong. But the chance I'll need to is slim to none.
    05-28-18 12:58 PM
    why shouldn't we think like this :
    BlackBerry itself an icon which is struggling in market and it's reborn.
    05-28-18 02:04 PM
    If they come out with a 9900 or classic I will dump my iPhone and and go for it.
    05-29-18 08:47 AM
    why shouldn't we think like this :
    BlackBerry itself an icon which is struggling in market and it's reborn.
    Love it! Very positive, for a change
    05-29-18 10:07 AM
    Like the saying goes...you can wish in one hand and s**t in the other and see which one gets filled up first. If it is a bold though, I will be the first one to admit I'm wrong. But the chance I'll need to is slim to none.
    That's pretty much wut "my" sayin is sayin but in a more positive way, lol. But I definitely agree...its not very likely to happen.
    05-29-18 10:21 AM
    That's pretty much wut "my" sayin is sayin but in a more positive way, lol. But I definitely agree...its not very likely to happen.
    Haha wasn't trying to be negative. Just like that saying .
    05-30-18 09:40 AM