The pc app connects to the device & app fine, but the 'Desktop password' is in developer settings is in conflict with the app.
    06-22-20 08:34 PM
    Darn, I can't find anywhere to ask, people think the developer is abandonware.
    If you looks a ClockWorkMod apps, they clearly were meant for a different time.... some of "their" apps haven't been updated in over five years. Other got updated this year, so they are still there in some fashion. But my guess is AllCast Premium is all they are concerned with at this point

I never bother with it, as Samsung offers a full backup via a desktop app. But based on reviews, it's clear it's a hit and miss solution.

It would be really helpful if Google included device type and Android version with each review...
    hmp3 likes this.
    06-23-20 11:34 AM
    If you looks a ClockWorkMod apps, they clearly were meant for a different time.... some of "their" apps haven't been updated in over five years. Other got updated this year, so they are still there in some fashion. But my guess is AllCast Premium is all they are concerned with at this point

I never bother with it, as Samsung offers a full backup via a desktop app. But based on reviews, it's clear it's a hit and miss solution.

It would be really helpful if Google included device type and Android version with each review...
    Okay, well I'll try Android forum and email the developer, since there doesn't seem to be another no root offline backup option for app settings at present.

Thanks!
    06-23-20 02:25 PM
    Okay, well I'll try Android forum and email the developer, since there doesn't seem to be another no root offline backup option for app settings at present.

Thanks!
    See if Samsung's Smart Switch will work? I know it allows you to make backups from other devices, just not sure if it will do a back and a restore with one being a Samsung.
    06-23-20 03:53 PM
    See if Samsung's Smart Switch will work? I know it allows you to make backups from other devices, just not sure if it will do a back and a restore with one being a Samsung.
    Thanks! Does it backup App Data? Also, if this is a syncing app, would Syncthing be worth a try for app data too?
    06-23-20 04:33 PM
    Thanks! Does it backup App Data? Also, if this is a syncing app, would Syncthing be worth a try for app data too?
    Tried smart switch, it doesnt provide an option to backup app settings but thanks for trying!
    06-24-20 08:01 PM
    You can't root android berry. I don't know it's a good or bad thing. You also can't backup your system that include your setting/configuration or app setting like in iOS. But you can backup your files manually using third party app from playstore.
    06-24-20 11:09 PM
    idk. you all say you can't root a droidberry. But did someone actually try that? Maybe it is just very difficult and you have to be smart enough to bypass BlackBerry's security. I just think for these root devs it is not worth the effort because there are not that many BlackBerry users. I don't think it's impossible
    hmp3 likes this.
    06-25-20 01:10 AM
    idk. you all say you can't root a droidberry. But did someone actually try that? Maybe it is just very difficult and you have to be smart enough to bypass BlackBerry's security. I just think for these root devs it is not worth the effort because there are not that many BlackBerry users. I don't think it's impossible
    If you go back to around 2015 and to all various threads regarding BBAndroid or PRIV, you’ll see plenty of explanations why rooting attempts fail.
    06-25-20 07:42 AM
    You're kidding me, right?

A device comes out claiming to be unrootable, and you don't think the rooting community won't jump all over it trying to root it?

One of the largest of those communities, XDA Developer, even had a bounty going to root the Priv as soon as it came out.

No one was able to do it.

Couldn't do it with the Key devices either.

If it happened, it would be all over the tech blogs.

It's been almost 5 years now since the release of the Priv... still without success.
    hmp3 likes this.
    06-25-20 09:27 AM
    You're kidding me, right?

A device comes out claiming to be unrootable, and you don't think the rooting community won't jump all over it trying to root it?

One of the largest of those communities, XDA Developer, even had a bounty going to root the Priv as soon as it came out.

No one was able to do it.

Couldn't do it with the Key devices either.

If it happened, it would be all over the tech blogs.

It's been almost 5 years now since the release of the Priv... still without success.
    The next question is what you're going to do with it after unlocking the boatloader.

The answer is nothing.
    hmp3 likes this.
    06-25-20 09:51 AM
    The next question is what you're going to do with it after unlocking the boatloader.

The answer is nothing.
    Install Windows for ARM on it....

One can wish.... but yeah chance of someone making a fully functioning and updated version of something (Sailfish, Ubuntu or AOSP...), that would work with the KEY2 hardware? My guess is it would be pretty low.
    06-25-20 11:51 AM
    I also think that having enough interest in it, sooner or later it would be technically possible to root.
    But I don't think that there is a big a amount of hackers/opensource devs owning a device that was advertised as secure and no-rootable.

TCL should sell secure and no-secure devices as well, so those that want a device with a great keyb where to they can flash ROMS and play, have an option.
    02-04-21 07:33 AM
    I also think that having enough interest in it, sooner or later it would be technically possible to root.
    But I don't think that there is a big a amount of hackers/opensource devs owning a device that was advertised as secure and no-rootable.

TCL should sell secure and no-secure devices as well, so those that want a device with a great keyb where to they can flash ROMS and play, have an option.
    Well it's been a decade and many are still waiting on the PlayBook to get rooted...

And at this point, TCL no longer is selling BlackBerry devices.... they are done. What left out there is old inventory being sold off by 3rd parties. No more flashing of ROMs going on.

I do hope that whatever OM does (if they do anything), that the phones boot rom isn't locked down.... so that consumer could do other things with the phone. But my guess is for security purposes it will be locked down - in more ways than one.
    dpgo and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-04-21 08:10 AM
    I would be great a KEY unlocked and running Sailfish, Ubuntu or an Android flavour.

The IP rights on Design and keyboard should be licenced to others.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-21 02:32 AM
40 12