Hi guys, much prefer the vibration on the Key2 but I'd still like to tone it down if possible. Can I do that for notifications please, want to reduce the vibration a touch because I have the latest Spigen ring on there it sounds like earthquake
    06-30-18 01:12 PM
    Hi guys, much prefer the vibration on the Key2 but I'd still like to tone it down if possible. Can I do that for notifications please, want to reduce the vibration a touch because I have the latest Spigen ring on there it sounds like earthquake
    Haha! Earthquake notifications can be important though ;-)

Honestly, all I can find is the way to disable vibration altogether.

- settings

- sound

- also vibrate for calls (on or off)

And then there is this (unrelated, but...):

- settings

- sound

- other sounds

- vibrate on tap

Not sure if there's any other functionality that I might have missed elsewhere in the options. Nor am I aware of any 3rd party apps in Google Play that offer such a feature.

The more I look through the questions, the more I realize BlackBerry needs to start implementing MANY cool things people want to their Android by BlackBerry experience. It's also telling me just how awesome BlackBerry devices have historically been when it comes to all the best (but boring) communications related stuff.

BlackBerry has always been super good at everything people take for granted when it comes to mobile communications proficiency, reliability, security, and productivity. That's where BlackBerry is superior to any other software company. Now that they're the best Android OEM partner, all the 'bells and whistles' of the Android app ecosystem are included (basically, that's just apps).
    06-30-18 08:38 PM
    Not sure why, but I love coming in here and replying to people. I guess there's something fulfilling about at least trying to help others, especially if it makes them happy and the content stays positive. It also helps me to remain on my positive path toward becoming a better human being through a little bit of 'service to others' randomly in this forum as well as in my physical reality. Plus, I 'love' BlackBerry for some reason and I think I enjoy expressing that.

I've had some growing up to do before starting here. My life is a roller coaster than I'm trying hard to keep from crashing, helping people with their BlackBerry stuff helps me feel better offering something without any expectations of getting anything in return, more just for the sake of spreading love.

Thanks 'CrackBerry' for allowing me to help people in your forums.
    rjedge54 and the_boon like this.
    06-30-18 08:49 PM
    Hi - i am hoping to get some help regarding KEY2 vibration. I got my silver KEY2 yesterday and i have turned off every "vibrate" option i can think of and yet:
    1) when i long press an item in the hub there is a vibration.. interestingly only the first item, subsequent items don't
    2) finger print sensor; vibrates
    3) long press shortcut keys, vibrates. short press no vibration
    4) notifications that come in .. sound + vibrate

Did i receive a dud for a phone or is there some other magical option i missed turning off.. or is this an android oreo thing.. which if it is.. then they should fire the person that thought this was a good idea ! lol.. it's annoying. thanks
    Johberry likes this.
    07-18-18 01:39 PM
    Hi - i am hoping to get some help regarding KEY2 vibration. I got my silver KEY2 yesterday and i have turned off every "vibrate" option i can think of and yet:
    1) when i long press an item in the hub there is a vibration.. interestingly only the first item, subsequent items don't
    2) finger print sensor; vibrates
    3) long press shortcut keys, vibrates. short press no vibration
    4) notifications that come in .. sound + vibrate

Did i receive a dud for a phone or is there some other magical option i missed turning off.. or is this an android oreo thing.. which if it is.. then they should fire the person that thought this was a good idea ! lol.. it's annoying. thanks
    Same!

I turned off all "vibrate," and I still get vibrations with notifications sounds. A bit annoying.
    07-18-18 03:08 PM
    The notification vibration is on the application level. So if you go into your whatsapp, sms, BBM, etc app settings, there is a checkbox for vibration.
    07-18-18 04:34 PM
    Not sure if this information will make things better... but today i went to a local Rogers store and played with the KEY2 on display and i turned off all vibration options and it too still exhibits everything i wrote on this post. As well, i guess i was so wrapped up with the KEY2 being new that i didn't realize my Keyone also exhibits the same behaviour. The only difference is that the vibrate feedback is more pronounced on the KEY2.. maybe because it's thinner.. also, on my KEYone this wasn't something that happened "day one".. it started to happen after a security OS update.. i don't recall which one. i think March. I did place a support call with BlackBerry and waiting on them to reach out though.
    the behavior i am talking about is items 1-3..
    07-19-18 01:54 PM
    thank you... i started to do that on the app level.. still curious though about the other items. at this point i am just looking for an explanation from BBMobile.
    07-19-18 02:03 PM
    I think I've succeed in disabling the vibrate for all the Apps. It varies by app how to do this. Whatsapp, it's in the app itself, most of the others go to settings - apps and notifications - notifications (this last one doesn't look like a Link but it can be selected). Then you need to click on each app and play around a bit. Messages for example you click on default and it will take you to an option to turn off vibrate. It's a bit of a pain but you can get it exactly how you like it.

Message typed on my Key2
    09-23-18 05:04 PM