Hey guys

Something strange has happened to my silver Key2. Phone was operating normally and I used on desk as hotspot for my laptop for couple of hours.

Once I have finished my work I have noticed that I was unable turn off hotspot as screen was unresponsive so I have done hard reboot and since then phone boot up after briefly showing logo "powered by Android " and after that just black. Despite I can't see anything I still can manage to log in via space bar and Bluetooth headset reads me notification about new sms or emails.

I'm stuck. It feels like I lost my sight and going blind. I'm hoping that factory reset my fix the issue.

Is there any way I can do this via Google Assistant? Or if there other way without having to see screen?
    Otherwise I have no idea how to solve this problem.

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Aladar
    08-22-19 05:32 AM
    Hey guys

Something strange has happened to my silver Key2. Phone was operating normally and I used on desk as hotspot for my laptop for couple of hours.

Once I have finished my work I have noticed that I was unable turn off hotspot as screen was unresponsive so I have done hard reboot and since then phone boot up after briefly showing logo "powered by Android " and after that just black. Despite I can't see anything I still can manage to log in via space bar and Bluetooth headset reads me notification about new sms or emails.

I'm stuck. It feels like I lost my sight and going blind. I'm hoping that factory reset my fix the issue.

Is there any way I can do this via Google Assistant? Or if there other way without having to see screen?
    Otherwise I have no idea how to solve this problem.

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Aladar
    Can you get the device into fastboot?
    08-22-19 06:42 AM
    Thanks Conite for reply. I din't know that this option exists. I heard about auto-loaders but never needed.

I can get into Bootloader menu and when I select option 3 by volume keys and press power to select it the white led flashes and shows splash screen 'Blackberry powered by Android' and goes back to the Bootloader menu.

It that expected behaviour or it should boot OS?

Can I perform factory reset by Google assistant?-img_20190823_173000.jpg
    08-23-19 02:36 AM
    Did you try autoloadẻ?
    08-23-19 02:43 AM
    Did you try autoloadẻ?
    not yet. I'm hoping that would be the last option if nothing else works
    08-23-19 03:15 AM
    Hey guys, not sure if this helps I've uploaded videos to show the behaviour after I select option from the BootLoader

Option 2 - Bootup device [63secs] - OS will boot but screen flashes
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvolxbWaYBZqnTS0...4Mj7v?e=GFw5t7

Option 3 - Reboot into Fastboot [10secs] - goes back to the menu
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvolxbWaYBZqnTO4...9m60T?e=GiVDsj

Option 2 - very frustrating - after about minute I can 'blindly' log in and use google assitant to play Spotify or read notification but I can't see anything and don't have any evidence that the black screen responds to any gestures.

Any thoughts? Do I really need to do autoloader?
    08-23-19 03:43 AM
    Thanks Conite for reply. I din't know that this option exists. I heard about auto-loaders but never needed.

I can get into Bootloader menu and when I select option 3 by volume keys and press power to select it the white led flashes and shows splash screen 'Blackberry powered by Android' and goes back to the Bootloader menu.

It that expected behaviour or it should boot OS?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190823_173000.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	174.6 KB 
ID:	445921
    That IS fastboot mode.
    08-23-19 07:26 AM
    Hey guys, not sure if this helps I've uploaded videos to show the behaviour after I select option from the BootLoader

Option 2 - Bootup device [63secs] - OS will boot but screen flashes
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvolxbWaYBZqnTS0...4Mj7v?e=GFw5t7

Option 3 - Reboot into Fastboot [10secs] - goes back to the menu
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvolxbWaYBZqnTO4...9m60T?e=GiVDsj

Option 2 - very frustrating - after about minute I can 'blindly' log in and use google assitant to play Spotify or read notification but I can't see anything and don't have any evidence that the black screen responds to any gestures.

Any thoughts? Do I really need to do autoloader?
    Again, you ARE in fastboot mode already.
    08-23-19 07:27 AM
    Fastboot mode and Bootloader menu is same thing?
    08-23-19 05:10 PM
    Fastboot mode and Bootloader menu is same thing?
    Yes.
    08-23-19 05:14 PM
    Thanks Conite

I guess I have no other option only to try one of listed autoloaders.

The last question. Would you expect any issues with autoloaders for model is BlackBerry KEY2 Dual SIM BBF100-6 using Australian carrier?
    08-23-19 05:26 PM
    Thanks Conite

I guess I have no other option only to try one of listed autoloaders.

The last question. Would you expect any issues with autoloaders for model is BlackBerry KEY2 Dual SIM BBF100-6 using Australian carrier?
    You should be just fine.
    08-23-19 05:38 PM
    Did you try to use BlackBerry software installed on your PC (I mean the application to do backup and similar staff)? There might be an option to do the factory reset.
    08-24-19 03:24 AM
    Did you try to use BlackBerry software installed on your PC (I mean the application to do backup and similar staff)? There might be an option to do the factory reset.
    No such thing.
    08-24-19 06:35 AM
    Hey everyone

Just update. I've used autoloader but unfortunately problem is same.
    After splash screen 'Powered by Android ' where you would expect animation of loading OS mobiles screen just flashes couple of times.

I guess I have no other option to fix this. I'll see if I can return to online shop retailer after 5 months of usage. The phone and screen is spotless like in brand new conditions.
    09-06-19 09:22 PM
    Online retailer conditionally accepted replacement of my faulty Key2 after 5 months. They need to assess whether there is genuine fault or fault by accident.

So I'm back on BB10 Silver Passport
    09-18-19 04:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD